Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pedoanne | Caropedo | Pedobait ban & you

1. Default

So the dude got caught scripting and banned for 6 months? Brutal, how did he got caught?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pneumothorax View Post
    So the dude got caught scripting and banned for 6 months? Brutal, how did he got caught?
    Probably the way everyone gets caught.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Probably the way everyone gets caught.
    <;startsciprtofdeatthatissoawesomeiwillnevergetcau ght>

<walks away from comp for hours>

<gets caught>

HMMMMMM...

Posted on the official GSIV Discord from Xayle:

A Friendly Reminder About Remote Access Scripts

We just needed to drop y’all a casual reminder that if you are running remote access scripts of any kind that control other accounts as if they were yours and are caught, the warnings will be cumulative, and you will earn yourself an indefinite ban.

Such a ban can be appealed after a year, but be aware that any efforts to circumvent the punishment by logging in under or creating new accounts WILL result in that one year timer being restarted.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    HMMMMMM...

Posted on the official GSIV Discord from Xayle:

A Friendly Reminder About Remote Access Scripts

We just needed to drop y’all a casual reminder that if you are running remote access scripts of any kind that control other accounts as if they were yours and are caught, the warnings will be cumulative, and you will earn yourself an indefinite ban.

Such a ban can be appealed after a year, but be aware that any efforts to circumvent the punishment by logging in under or creating new accounts WILL result in that one year timer being restarted.
    I’m confused by this. Are remote access scripts themselves bad, and if yes is it only if you’re controlling accounts that aren’t yours? Or is it bad if you’re breaking a rule with them, such as afk scripting or something?

And what exactly is a remote access script? Like Bob logs on his character but Jim can take control of the character somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I’m confused by this. Are remote access scripts themselves bad, and if yes is it only if you’re controlling accounts that aren’t yours? Or is it bad if you’re breaking a rule with them, such as afk scripting or something?

And what exactly is a remote access script? Like Bob logs on his character but Jim can take control of the character somehow?
    I don't think they're saying they're bad, but any accounts you're controlling via remote access scripts while engaging in illicit activity are treated as linked accounts for offense count purposes.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

I'm just glad there's someone more knowledgeable than me who also doesn't know what the hell any of that means.

Blog Entries

I'd assume it's something like a tap to spell up script, one character performing an action or series of actions when given a signal via a script from another party.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Berost View Post
    <;startsciprtofdeatthatissoawesomeiwillnevergetcau ght>

<walks away from comp for hours>

<gets caught>

Scripter:
    Fixed.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-18-2022 at 10:02 AM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I'd assume it's something like a tap to spell up script, one character performing an action or series of actions when given a signal via a script from another party.
    But it's ok to do with your own accounts? That's what the wording sounds like.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible