Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 162

Thread: Pedoanne | Caropedo | Pedobait ban & you

  1. #111

    Default

    I'd love to hear someone explain why a witch hunt on scripters that reduces an already tiny player base makes any sense at all?
    I keep asking the same thing and it just doesn't make sense on any level, however you think about it. Like you talk to Wyrom and he seems like a generally reasonable person, and yet simu policies do not reflect that. Maybe it comes from higher up, like Whatley has a special hard on for scripters, but again, that guy should be even more invested in keeping healthy population numbers and profits rolling in. It just doesn't make any sense that they're so bent on chopping down the tree they're sitting on, if anything they're doubling down lately.

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    32,953
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Itzel has always hated scripting. Her massive enforcement several years ago is why the scripting policy for forging was changed because she got a lot of people for not be at the keyboard during RT.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  3. #113

    Default

    I don't understand why Simu puts out content that has the absolute most mind numbingly boring and tedious activities, and then expect people to run it manually like 10,000+ times or whatever
    This is especially true. If it was something you could just do a couple of time and be done with, ok, but they literally set the shop/hess/auction prices based on having to do thousands and thousands of iterations of the most boring and tedious activities imaginable in a game, and yet expect you to do them manually. Sometimes GS reminds me of one of those fallout vaults gone wrong that was setup to run psychological experiments on its inhabitants just to see how much bullshit they're willing to put up with.

  4. Default

    I played shattered for years. I would be playing it still, but the world is empty and I lost interest. I don't profit from Gemstone (I value my time at $200 an hour, so there is no activity in this game I do for money), I just wanted access to content that was behind 1000 hours of mind numbing virtual digging. Yes, I am truly a terrible cheater for having valuable time.

    I respect your opinion on scripting, I just think you are wrong. I think a lot of people script. I think a lot of people should be scripting. I think AFK is just fine as long it doesn't hurt anyone. I think Simu should embrace it and put some clear ground rules around it to limit abuse/disruption instead of listening to some purists who want it banned entirely.

    But my opinion is expressed through my absence.

  5. #115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MispronouncedHeroine View Post
    I played shattered for years. I would be playing it still, but the world is empty and I lost interest. I don't profit from Gemstone (I value my time at $200 an hour, so there is no activity in this game I do for money), I just wanted access to content that was behind 1000 hours of mind numbing virtual digging. Yes, I am truly a terrible cheater for having valuable time.

    I respect your opinion on scripting, I just think you are wrong. I think a lot of people script. I think a lot of people should be scripting. I think AFK is just fine as long it doesn't hurt anyone. I think Simu should embrace it and put some clear ground rules around it to limit abuse/disruption instead of listening to some purists who want it banned entirely.

    But my opinion is expressed through my absence.
    For what it's worth, the retards on Discord won't be happy until there are so many rules in place that the game becomes literally unplayable. I'm surprised they haven't been advocating for Lich to get banned. Or maybe they have been advocating that for all I know.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  6. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

    At the same time though, I don't understand why Simu puts out content that has the absolute most mind numbingly boring and tedious activities, and then expect people to run it manually like 10,000+ times or whatever
    Just like the kid that takes his ball and goes home when he's mad.

    I think it's a power trip for some of them.

  7. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MispronouncedHeroine View Post
    I respect your opinion on scripting, I just think you are wrong. I think a lot of people script. I think a lot of people should be scripting. I think AFK is just fine as long it doesn't hurt anyone. I think Simu should embrace it and put some clear ground rules around it to limit abuse/disruption instead of listening to some purists who want it banned entirely.

    But my opinion is expressed through my absence.
    People should be able to throw dynamite as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone…

    Right now the formula for high end loot is expressed as Time/drudgery + entry fees. Is it stupid? Yes, probably, but that is what the devs are demanding as the price for access to high end. An AFK scripter is cheating on half that equation. The right way to do it is to use persuasion and debate to convince the devs that this model is no good for anyone and to encourage them to develop a better model, not to cheat and then complain about it after you get caught.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    32,953
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    People should be able to throw dynamite as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone…

    Right now the formula for high end loot is expressed as Time/drudgery + entry fees. Is it stupid? Yes, probably, but that is what the devs are demanding as the price for access to high end. An AFK scripter is cheating on half that equation. The right way to do it is to use persuasion and debate to convince the devs that this model is no good for anyone and to encourage them to develop a better model, not to cheat and then complain about it after you get caught.
    In Arizona you can throw dynamite as long as it doesn't hurt someone in certain areas.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  9. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    In Arizona you can throw dynamite as long as it doesn't hurt someone in certain areas.

    lmao, for some reason I've never thought of a reason to look up dynamite laws in Texas
    Last edited by Realk; 05-19-2022 at 04:45 PM. Reason: till now

  10. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    lmao, for some reason I've never thought of a reason to look up dynamite laws in Texas
    You can go hog wild with tannerite.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •