Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pedoanne | Caropedo | Pedobait ban & you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    Stacking penalties is dumb. Persecuting players for doing what is fun, i.e. building crews/armies, is also dumb. If simu had a vision, or the capacity to have a vision, they'd find some way to embrace it, particularly since it keeps those subscription numbers up. But no, lets just keep banning people left and right as we're down to the remaining 17 active subscribers. Had little to no interaction with peggy but a loss of any player is ultimately a loss for the game as that whole ecosystem just keeps on getting smaller and smaller.
    I think it is more that players would join and go afk.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    Stacking penalties is dumb. Persecuting players for doing what is fun, i.e. building crews/armies, is also dumb. If simu had a vision, or the capacity to have a vision, they'd find some way to embrace it, particularly since it keeps those subscription numbers up. But no, lets just keep banning people left and right as we're down to the remaining 17 active subscribers. Had little to no interaction with peggy but a loss of any player is ultimately a loss for the game as that whole ecosystem just keeps on getting smaller and smaller.
    I think it is more that players would join and go afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Doesn't sound too dissimilar to a Dreavening.
    But I don't control anyone via remote commands via LNet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    But I don't control anyone via remote commands via LNet.
    But ;chat to Dreaven does cause you to input your ETA, which is entering something into the game command line. I guess maybe you don't have to draw the line at having the outcome be a response on lnet, but an actual in game action then?
    Last edited by Viekn; 05-18-2022 at 05:16 PM.

And of course all of the sycophants on Discord are busy demanding something be done to Dreavenings because of this announcement.

I swear these fuckers are never satisfied. I am 100% responsible for there even being an Invoker and these people still want blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    But ;chat to Dreaven does cause you to input your ETA, which is entering something into the game command line.
    If they are going to start "cracking down" on people automatically GIVING INFORMATION then this game deserves to die within 6 months.

Blog Entries

But ;chat to Dreaven does cause you to input your ETA, which is entering something into the game command line. I guess maybe you don't have to draw the line at having the outcome be a response on lnet, but an actual in game action then?
    They can't track lnet only responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    If they are going to start "cracking down" on people automatically GIVING INFORMATION then this game deserves to die within 6 months.
    Absolutely. Nothing seems wrong or against policy for the giving of info. It's not even wrong they're doing the remote access scripts, it's just someone needs to be at the keyboard even if a remote player is controlling their character, which I guess was what was happening?

Blog Entries

Absolutely. Nothing seems wrong or against policy for the giving of info. It's not even wrong they're doing the remote access scripts, it's just someone needs to be at the keyboard even if a remote player is controlling their character, which I guess was what was happening?
    I'm pretty sure that is exactly what happened. People would join and then go AFK.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is exactly what happened. People would join and then go AFK.
    Though again, Peggy's penalty was an indefinite "mechanics abuse" penalty, not a 30 day AFK penalty (actually it would have been a first warning, I think, which is usually not even a suspension). In other words, the penalty here is clearly saying something much more egregious than AFK scripting was happening.