Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pedoanne | Caropedo | Pedobait ban & you

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MispronouncedHeroine View Post
    I was lining their pockets when I caught a ban at EG for digging. 100K for a Gheyzte weapon is an impossibly high number for someone with a busy life who has an hour at most for games a day. I usually just buy seashells off another player, but I wanted to see if I could get a lucky draw and find a nice flare token. I assumed they were not gigantic assholes and wouldn't be script checking me on an activity that requires zero player engagement that I paid $ for - I certiainly was not at the Glaves level of sophistication, so I was easy to catch. They banned me for 90 days because I had four characters digging, one had a scripting warning from 2017 (forging). I had already paid for the game passes, so it felt a bit personal to get a ban. I definitely was AFK, but like four hours of digging a day and not being disruptive is hardly worth anyone's time. They got $100 worth of game passes from me and ruined my fun, but they lost the $200 more I had planned on spending at EG and the $10K I would've spent over the next 3 years.

I'd love to hear a contrarian view on why scripting during digging should be enforced? I'd love to hear someone explain why a witch hunt on scripters that reduces an already tiny player base makes any sense at all? I wonder why DR in February had low interest?

I honestly was thinking of coming back this weekend (my ban has long since passed) - but after reading this thread, it reminds me I need to continue to vote with my feet. I'll leave this game to the 100 people who are comfortable being in an abusive relationship. Subeta, you should sell out and never come back.
    I think scripting should be fine as much as you want through pay events. You are paying money. (yes i know you are paying a monthly fee for normal hunting) As for afk scripting during non pay events eh not sure

2. Default

The problem is if they don't sometimes enforce the already inconsistent line then people will just get bolder and bolder..... sometimes ppl just get swept up in the show of force... like serving life sentences for "low risk" drug charges in the war on drugs
    Last edited by zhagen; 05-19-2022 at 06:41 PM.

3. Default

“They should just let us ask script 24/7 it doesn’t hurt anyone”

*bigshot comes to prevalence, large number of people begin afk scripting silver farming during pandemic*

“Hey silvers are $2 what the fuck??”

4. Default

I was lining their pockets when I caught a ban at EG for digging. 100K for a Gheyzte weapon is an impossibly high number for someone with a busy life who has an hour at most for games a day. I usually just buy seashells off another player, but I wanted to see if I could get a lucky draw and find a nice flare token. I assumed they were not gigantic assholes and wouldn't be script checking me on an activity that requires zero player engagement that I paid $ for - I certiainly was not at the Glaves level of sophistication, so I was easy to catch. They banned me for 90 days because I had four characters digging, one had a scripting warning from 2017 (forging). I had already paid for the game passes, so it felt a bit personal to get a ban. I definitely was AFK, but like four hours of digging a day and not being disruptive is hardly worth anyone's time. They got $100 worth of game passes from me and ruined my fun, but they lost the $200 more I had planned on spending at EG and the $10K I would've spent over the next 3 years.

I'd love to hear a contrarian view on why scripting during digging should be enforced? I'd love to hear someone explain why a witch hunt on scripters that reduces an already tiny player base makes any sense at all? I wonder why DR in February had low interest?

I honestly was thinking of coming back this weekend (my ban has long since passed) - but after reading this thread, it reminds me I need to continue to vote with my feet. I'll leave this game to the 100 people who are comfortable being in an abusive relationship. Subeta, you should sell out and never come back.
    You didn't sniff enough gm's ass on discord to get a "do no touch customer" card, bro. Sorry
    Last edited by Xcalibur1; 05-19-2022 at 07:14 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    I keep asking the same thing and it just doesn't make sense on any level, however you think about it. Like you talk to Wyrom and he seems like a generally reasonable person, and yet simu policies do not reflect that. Maybe it comes from higher up, like Whatley has a special hard on for scripters, but again, that guy should be even more invested in keeping healthy population numbers and profits rolling in. It just doesn't make any sense that they're so bent on chopping down the tree they're sitting on, if anything they're doubling down lately.
    you know you can publically be cool and shit in front of everyone and behind the scene be an adamant asshole and ask all junior staff to get their quotas or whatever.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    “They should just let us ask script 24/7 it doesn’t hurt anyone”

*bigshot comes to prevalence, large number of people begin afk scripting silver farming during pandemic*

“Hey silvers are $2 what the fuck??”
    It would be trivial to stop AFK scripters from tanking the silver market or disrupting the world of Gemstone IV. I can think of a dozen ways to reduce their impact to nearly zero without a single warning/ban. But nobody has explained to me adequately why I need to be at my computer for virtual digging for 80 hours just to get a new weapon. I just usually paid people (less than minimum wage) for blood scrip, for high level characters, and for cool gear. I sincerely hoped they were AFK scripting (for their sake). You should be angry at Simu for gating everything with drudgery (are you saying we can't make forging fun?), not at somebody like Subeta who was having a blast killing pirates in a private instance with a brilliant script. Everyone should be sad anytime anyone gets banned, because it is one less person to play this dying game with.

Why do you care if I am throwing dynamite? If you can't control your own life well enough to make yourself happy, why do you think controlling mine will make you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Remember how at one point, they for real expected people to stare at their monitors while forging, even if they're in 200 seconds of RT or something, or else risk getting an afk scripting violation, even if they weren't scripting at all? They at least had enough sense to do away with that retarded rule, but still don't seem to have caught onto the fact that if they made content more engaging instead of tedious to the most extreme levels, it would be scripted a lot less, afk or not afk. Sitting back watching the game play itself is pretty boring too in most situations.
    Uh, not to veer off-topic, but I (as someone who almost caught a warning during the grind to 500 ranks - right as EXP got tied into forging + crafting) am wondering how this is being less implemented (I hope?)
    Last edited by Stanley Burrell; 05-19-2022 at 08:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

8. Default

It would be trivial to stop AFK scripters from tanking the silver market or disrupting the world of Gemstone IV. I can think of a dozen ways to reduce their impact to nearly zero without a single warning/ban. But nobody has explained to me adequately why I need to be at my computer for virtual digging for 80 hours just to get a new weapon. I just usually paid people (less than minimum wage) for blood scrip, for high level characters, and for cool gear. I sincerely hoped they were AFK scripting (for their sake). You should be angry at Simu for gating everything with drudgery (are you saying we can't make forging fun?), not at somebody like Subeta who was having a blast killing pirates in a private instance with a brilliant script. Everyone should be sad anytime anyone gets banned, because it is one less person to play this dying game with.

Why do you care if I am throwing dynamite? If you can't control your own life well enough to make yourself happy, why do you think controlling mine will make you happy?
    For someone who allegedly values their time at $200/hr you have a lot of shit to say about a text mud you quit playing
    Last edited by audioserf; 05-19-2022 at 07:28 PM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    For someone who allegedly values their time at $200/hr you have a lot of shit to say about a text mud quit playing
    I played it off and on for 27 years. I used to make $4 an hour.

Whoa. Where to start.

1. I'll begin with a question: if GS is made available as a solo player game, with no other PCs but you, would you play it? Probably a resounding no, and I suspect this is the same for most players. At least for me, I play because I get to develop and improve my character in a living world, even if I don't interact often with the individual components of that world. The knowledge that I COULD, however, is where all the value lies. I can say something to a name on my screen and start an interesting interaction. Folks can do the same with me. The GS player culture, of which I am a part, is a big reason why I still play after 20+ years and why I would never play GS as a solo game. Thing is, a society like this fragile.

I'll end with another question: what would be the quickest way to kill this fragile golden goose?

2. The Drudgery + Fees model is unquestionably stupid. But that is the rule. In a civilized society, we engage in debate about stupid rules, and we get the rule changed. That is happening here, with discussion of multipliers, etc. Wantonly breaking the rule, getting caught, and then acting like a martyr has rarely been seen as constructive, unless the rule is particularly arbitrary, unjust, etc. Some may say this is the case, but I'd refer them to #1 above.

3. Every player is important, I agree. But, again, refer to #1. If they are just a bot, are they really the kind of "player" that will contribute to, or at least not detract from, the society that is arguably GS4's biggest asset?

I used the dynamite analogy because the idea you so flippantly propose strikes at the heart of what makes GS4 tick (and flourish, with revenue per player that every other MMO can only dream of), but you seem too daft recognize it.
    Discord: Jivan#1805