Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 148

Thread: Divergence 2.0

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with all the changes, but they are at least using the platform as a testing grounds, so there's likely hope that things can be tweaked if they are too heavy handed.

    But when people that run bigshot MA crews come and say that things are less "fun" because of these changes, that's a load of BS. It may actually be true, but coming from THEM it's laughable, as you don't actually hunt for real to have "fun." And as some of you try to say, your "fun" is trying to get your scripts working, then technically speaking divergence should be giving you MORE fun! Lol

    You know what ruined GS more than any pay to win? Bigshot. Simu should have nipped it in the bud and banned it the moment it was released, but it's too late now, and has infected the game so deeply it can't be fixed anymore. It's a God damn cancer, but it's now beyond stage 4, so literally most the people I'm talking to here are a bunch of cancer bigshotters. But hey, maybe making things more difficult helps, and Divergence at least is working toward making scripting harder.

    So just because you feel only folks that find the changes unfun are the ones that run bigshot?

    I don't. I find being slowed down as tedious as fuck. Stand around as a pure, hoping you don't get tagged with SMR abilities as you're in some kind of constant cooldown is shitty.

    Or if I have to try and put up my "powerful, helpful spells", hunt for about 30-60 seconds and then go and hide in a safe zone for a couple of minutes while I wait for everything to cooldown so I can continue my hunt.....that's just shitty, too.

    There are better ways deal with how much the GMs fucked things up over forcing cooldowns on spells.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    8,617
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with all the changes, but they are at least using the platform as a testing grounds, so there's likely hope that things can be tweaked if they are too heavy handed.

    But when people that run bigshot MA crews come and say that things are less "fun" because of these changes, that's a load of BS. It may actually be true, but coming from THEM it's laughable, as you don't actually hunt for real to have "fun." And as some of you try to say, your "fun" is trying to get your scripts working, then technically speaking divergence should be giving you MORE fun! Lol

    You know what ruined GS more than any pay to win? Bigshot. Simu should have nipped it in the bud and banned it the moment it was released, but it's too late now, and has infected the game so deeply it can't be fixed anymore. It's a God damn cancer, but it's now beyond stage 4, so literally most the people I'm talking to here are a bunch of cancer bigshotters. But hey, maybe making things more difficult helps, and Divergence at least is working toward making scripting harder.
    Why is it too late to ban bigshot?

    Seems it would be a hell of a lot easier to do that than code a whole new system.


    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,105
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Aiming bolts should absolutely be a thing. all weapons can be can aim at a location and shit even 708 can do. I never understood why that function for bolting didn't exist.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

    Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

    Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Pally

  4. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    So just because you feel only folks that find the changes unfun are the ones that run bigshot?

    I don't. I find being slowed down as tedious as fuck. Stand around as a pure, hoping you don't get tagged with SMR abilities as you're in some kind of constant cooldown is shitty.

    Or if I have to try and put up my "powerful, helpful spells", hunt for about 30-60 seconds and then go and hide in a safe zone for a couple of minutes while I wait for everything to cooldown so I can continue my hunt.....that's just shitty, too.

    There are better ways deal with how much the GMs fucked things up over forcing cooldowns on spells.
    If people are dying in droves because of this, disproportionately to other classes, I'm sure things could be tweaked. Are they really?

    Which spells do you specifically think don't deserve a nerf (that are slated to be), and should remain working as they do now? And why do the GMs feel they need tweaking?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Why is it too late to ban bigshot?

    Seems it would be a hell of a lot easier to do that than code a whole new system.
    Because at this point it might literally kill Gemstone. Scripters are now the majority of players.

    And don't get me wrong, I don't blame scripters or MAers for taking advantage of it. I blame Simu and only Simu, for not putting the kebosh on it. If someone wants to take advantage of it, I don't blame them, as it's basically a part of the game now. It's just bloody unfortunate.

    Granted, it IS annoying as hell that I have to bring my bard with me on bandits, so I don't get KSed several times per hunt as a stealther, because of shortcomings in bigshot and other scripts.

  5. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    Aiming bolts should absolutely be a thing. all weapons can be can aim at a location and shit even 708 can do. I never understood why that function for bolting didn't exist.
    Because you'd wreck everything in 1 second. The whole damage tables would need to be altered for this to happen. It's certainly an idea worth exploring though, if you ask me. My biggest worry, as a rogue, is you'd step on the toes of the ONE thing we are good at.

  6. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Because you'd wreck everything in 1 second. The whole damage tables would need to be altered for this to happen. It's certainly an idea worth exploring though, if you ask me. My biggest worry, as a rogue, is you'd step on the toes of the ONE thing we are good at.
    1) After PSM I don't think it's fair to argue that aiming spells takes away the ONE thing rogues are good at; they've been fleshed out quite a bit.

    2) What about aiming spells but adding in hard cast RT? Same 3s but now it's hard.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    If people are dying in droves because of this, disproportionately to other classes, I'm sure things could be tweaked. Are they really?

    Which spells do you specifically think don't deserve a nerf (that are slated to be), and should remain working as they do now? And why do the GMs feel they need tweaking?



    Because at this point it might literally kill Gemstone. Scripters are now the majority of players.

    And don't get me wrong, I don't blame scripters or MAers for taking advantage of it. I blame Simu and only Simu, for not putting the kebosh on it. If someone wants to take advantage of it, I don't blame them, as it's basically a part of the game now. It's just bloody unfortunate.

    Granted, it IS annoying as hell that I have to bring my bard with me on bandits, so I don't get KSed several times per hunt as a stealther, because of shortcomings in bigshot and other scripts.

    None of the spells do. The spells work just fine. It's just easier for them to nerf a spell than to be creative. GMs feel they need tweaking because they broke how the game was supposed to be handled after the shift to GSIV.

    They took a way a lot so they could better balance the game between professions. Over the years they've given back so much more and than some that we're back in the GSIII days; players have access to every other spell, players have magnificent weapons/armor/shields of DOOM with all the padding/weighting/scripts/flares, they added ascension that allows people to expand their skills beyond what the game was designed for.....

    The easy way out is to just nerf spells for how the game is played.

    No one cares if you play a rogue. If you feel rogues are behind other classes in killing speed/power, then rogues should be brought up and not everyone else brought down. I've taken a rogue to level 55 and even when he was 2.6x in hiding and had maxed out that CMAN that used to be tied to reducing RT he had issues hiding and staying hidden. Creatures constantly found him or spotted him trying to hide. The few times I tried to do bandits....you can't do them sneaking. These are things that should be fixed. I'm sure there are other issues more frequent rogue players could come up with, but I haven't played my rogue for a couple of years because these things irritated me enough to turn me away from them.

    Bigshot or scripting shortcomings aren't your problem, even if people weren't using them. Some people don't give a rip and just hit whatever is in the room when they walk in. I constantly get people coming as I'm hunting, work on clearing the room and then go, "Oh...sorry. I didn't see you. Sorry." and they run off.

    Fixing issues for professions that make them less than desirable to hunt with is what should be the focus so those professions come up to par with the other ones, it shouldn't be nerf down all other professions to bring them down to the hunting level/speed of a few professions.
    Last edited by drumpel; 05-16-2022 at 11:43 AM.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    8,617
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Because at this point it might literally kill Gemstone. Scripters are now the majority of players.
    It's only SIMU's fault for making the game so unbearable that the only way it can be tolerated is through automation.


    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  9. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Because you'd wreck everything in 1 second. The whole damage tables would need to be altered for this to happen. It's certainly an idea worth exploring though, if you ask me. My biggest worry, as a rogue, is you'd step on the toes of the ONE thing we are good at.
    CHANNEL

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    It's only SIMU's fault for making the game so unbearable that the only way it can be tolerated is through automation.
    Which Divergence is going to make even worse. The more tedious things become, the more reason people have to run scripts instead.

    I often hunt "manually" which mostly consists of running ;wander and then spamming macros until stuff is dead. This still feels engaging to me with 1 second cast RT. With 2 seconds, it's tedious as fuckall and just makes me want to run my script all the time instead.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-16-2022 at 12:01 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  10. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    8,617
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    GMs feel they need tweaking because they broke how the game was supposed to be handled after the shift to GSIV.
    I specifically remember one of the selling points of GS4 was that anything over +20 was going to be extremely rare.


    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •