Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Divergence 2.0

1. Default

Either it's actually piss or yellow eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The old new 4 that used to be 3 that they changed to 4 because 3 was too overpowered.

Basically, they are gaslighting.
    Am I missing something? When was it 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    Word, I'm looking at it, WTF is Mackenzie Lease and what does it have to do with that golden archer dude, right!?
    Oh yeah person-who-repped me: You're right, they're bagpipes, not arrows.

Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    Oh yeah person-who-repped me: You're right, they're bagpipes, not arrows.

Carry on.
    I expected more out of you.
    2013 PC FF Champion

"Rules are rules and when Timmy sticks a battleaxe in your chest you have to sit down and count to 100." - Sera Blanche

[PrivateTo]-GSIV:Vishra: "like I'd start off by making you wear this leather ball gag I have"
    [Private]-GSIV:Vishra: "you sound like my mother"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Am I missing something? When was it 3?
    Back when it was GS3 daggers had a 3 second ambush. Most rogues ambushed with a war sword/falchion base which was a 5 second ambush. They basically added 1 second to ambush round times when they switched to GS4, that's also when they added diminishing returns to targeted ambush.

Rogues probably got the biggest nerf bat out of all the professions when they changed to GS4.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 06-02-2022 at 08:45 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Back when it was GS3 daggers had a 3 second ambush. Most rogues ambushed with a war sword/falchion base which was a 5 second ambush. They basically added 1 second to ambush round times when they switched to GS4, that's also when they added diminishing returns to targeted ambush.

Rogues probably got the biggest nerf bat out of all the professions when they changed to GS4.
    In GS3 a dagger ambush was worthless. Because weapons had crit divisors associated with them, pretty much any weapon lighter than falchions/handaxes were utter crap.

In my opinion GS4 was a a buff for rogues, not a nerf, as GS4 removed the crit divisors from weapons, making it possible to succeed with smaller weapons. It added crit randomization, but you overcome that by simply having enough AS. Also, in GS3 you usually either had to wait for the critter to attack, sweep it, or ewave it, before you could get your 115+ end roll to kill it. But with the stance pushdown ambush now has, I'd say that it was a better deal. If you get a rank 9 crit, you still guarantee the kill, and you don't need to have a setup move like in GS3. Of course, it did take some adjusting for many.

Whatever the case, rogues were not killing in 3 seconds in GS3. A dagger could kill jack diddly squat back then, even if it was masterfully crit weighted.

Now, if you want to talk about nerfs, let's talk about EBP. I would give up EBP in .01 seconds if I could, if it meant critters could no longer do it. Us getting EBP was a two edged sword, and not a good thing for us. But I can't remember if EBP came out with GS4 or if it came after. It's been too damn long now...

Blog Entries

In GS3 a dagger ambush was worthless. Because weapons had crit divisors associated with them, pretty much any weapon lighter than falchions/handaxes were utter crap.

In my opinion GS4 was a a buff for rogues, not a nerf, as GS4 removed the crit divisors from weapons, making it possible to succeed with smaller weapons. It added crit randomization, but you overcome that by simply having enough AS. Also, in GS3 you usually either had to wait for the critter to attack, sweep it, or ewave it, before you could get your 115+ end roll to kill it. But with the stance pushdown ambush now has, I'd say that it was a better deal. If you get a rank 9 crit, you still guarantee the kill, and you don't need to have a setup move like in GS3. Of course, it did take some adjusting for many.

Whatever the case, rogues were not killing in 3 seconds in GS3. A dagger could kill jack diddly squat back then, even if it was masterfully crit weighted.

Now, if you want to talk about nerfs, let's talk about EBP. I would give up EBP in .01 seconds if I could, if it meant critters could no longer do it. Us getting EBP was a two edged sword, and not a good thing for us. But I can't remember if EBP came out with GS4 or if it came after. It's been too damn long now...
    I'm about 99% sure it came with GS4.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

I agree that daggers were shit.

I haven't played in almost 2 years and highly doubt I ever play again. It's just too fucking boring.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984