Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 148

Thread: Divergence 2.0

  1. #1

    Default Divergence 2.0

    Just...suggestions at this point

    Do not shoot the messenger

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...a9dkp33I/edit#
    Last edited by Dendum; 05-13-2022 at 01:20 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Roundtime added from AIM is no longer reducible.
    Oh for fuck's sake.

    515:
    Standard
    Cast time is reduced to 2s.
    Evoke
    Cast time is reduced to 1s.
    60 second duration of 1s cast time
    180 second cooldown
    33% potential uptime
    Note: this is already in Divergence and included for clarity.
    Fuck's sake x 2.

    140:
    No cast time
    90 second max duration
    270 second cooldown
    33% potential uptime
    Cooldown applies to the target not the caster
    I didn't even know they were planning on nerfing 140. What the heck even is this?

    919:
    No cast time
    60 second duration
    180 second cooldown
    33% potential uptime
    Really? A level 19 spell in a pure spell circle really needs to be nerfed this badly?

    "People have too much mana!!!"
    "What's the solution?"
    "Slap a bunch of cooldowns on spells so people will have even MORE mana while they hunt because they won't have anything to use the mana on!"

    Bards are getting completely screwed over too.

    Bard spellsong failures now drains mana and incurs castRT, 1030 getting nerfed, 1035 getting REALLY nerfed (will no longer apply to the group, just the bard, plus a bunch of other nerfs.)

    Are the GMs just trying to suck the fun right out of this game or what?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-13-2022 at 01:37 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    on a street
    Posts
    9,632
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    211 and 215 kills empath and cleric bolters. RIP any empath or cleric wanting to use weapons.
    2013 PC FF Champion

    "Rules are rules and when Timmy sticks a battleaxe in your chest you have to sit down and count to 100." - Sera Blanche

    [PrivateTo]-GSIV:Vishra: "like I'd start off by making you wear this leather ball gag I have"
    [Private]-GSIV:Vishra: "you sound like my mother"

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WRoss View Post
    211 and 215 kills empath and cleric bolters. RIP any empath or cleric wanting to use weapons.
    To be fair the 211 and 215 changes I think are just the group cast versions of the spells.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,138
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    as they keep adding tweaks they just want to make sure no one hunts in there new areas huh? They should have just beefed up the mobs like they hint to in the document. Would be cooler to have a very hard hunting zone because the critters are just beasts or like invasion ass-kickers that encourage groups to hunt in that vein versus just doing all these tweaks that folks have to remember or keep up with
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

    Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

    Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Pally

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    as they keep adding tweaks they just want to make sure no one hunts in there new areas huh? They should have just beefed up the mobs like they hint to in the document. Would be cooler to have a very hard hunting zone because the critters are just beasts or like invasion ass-kickers that encourage groups to hunt in that vein versus just doing all these tweaks that folks have to remember or keep up with
    That's what The Scatter was supposed to be, but solo hunters solo hunt, and most people prefer to solo, even in that place that was designed for group hunting.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    an orbit gone wrong
    Posts
    13,485
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Bravery (211)
    Group benefit changed to EVOKE
    60 second duration
    180 second cooldown
    33% potential uptime
    Cooldown applies to the target not the caster
    Lore requirements reduced to 25 ranks
    Group/lore version is exempt from Manastorm, Spellburst, and Spell Sever.

    Heroism (215)
    Group benefit changed to EVOKE.
    60 second duration
    180 second cooldown
    33% potential uptime
    Lore requirements reduced to 35 ranks
    Cooldown applies to the target not the caster
    Group/lore version is exempt from Manastorm, Spellburst, and Spell Sever.

    Spell Shield (219)
    Group benefit changed to EVOKE.
    120 second duration
    360 second cooldown
    33% potential uptime
    Lore requirements reduced to 50 ranks
    Cooldown applies to the target not the caster
    Group/lore version is exempt from Manastorm, Spellburst, and Spell Sever.
    Why even have these in the game at this point? Functionally they and bolt spells no longer exist for my mid level cleric.
    Last edited by Taernath; 05-13-2022 at 09:28 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    33,295
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Spell Hindrance
    Bard spellsong hindrance drains mana and incurs cast roundtime. Note: this is already in Divergence and included for clarity.

    Bahahahaha
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Are the GMs just trying to suck the fun right out of this game or what?
    Yes.


    Estild — Yesterday at 9:24 PM
    But he does often make compelling arguments. I’m willing to consider any feedback. But if you’re argument is just that it’s less “fun”, I’m sorry, but as a game, we have a higher standard.

    Estild — Yesterday at 10:08 PM
    We can’t and don’t balance the game around losing or gaining subscribers. That’s not a sustainable position. The moment we give in to those demands, we’re then beholden to them anytime any player does or doesn’t like the changes we make. I hate when any player chooses not to play our game anymore, but the greatest good must always win over the individual wants/needs
    of a single or handful of players. We’ve had just as many players quit over the lack of balance due to being on the bottom as we’ve had those at the top who then get downtweaked.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    33,295
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

    Estild — Yesterday at 10:08 PM
    We can’t and don’t balance the game around losing or gaining subscribers. That’s not a sustainable position. The moment we give in to those demands, we’re then beholden to them anytime any player does or doesn’t like the changes we make. I hate when any player chooses not to play our game anymore, but the greatest good must always win over the individual wants/needs
    of a single or handful of players. We’ve had just as many players quit over the lack of balance due to being on the bottom as we’ve had those at the top who then get downtweaked.
    Seriously? The number 1 thing should be gaining and/or maintaining your current base. No players = no game.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •