Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Divergence 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That's what they should do; X/day items don't count towards the 2 outside spells you're allowed to have in spell sever areas. But to my knowledge at the moment they do count towards the 2 outside spell limit.
    If they did that, wouldn't the PC outrage machine just claim this is pushing people to P2W and scream how you now need x/day to hunt in all new areas, and that this was all a ploy by Simu to increase revenue?
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    If they did that, wouldn't the PC outrage machine just claim this is pushing people to P2W and scream how you now need x/day to hunt in all new areas, and that this was all a ploy by Simu to increase revenue?
    What's with this "PC outrage machine" talk? We don't have GMs over here banning people for saying things they don't want to hear.

Also I think ripping off customers is worse than turning the game P2W. If you're going to have P2W mechanics then have P2W mechanics. Don't advertise P2W mechanics then take people's money then years later say "Naww! Those P2W items are too good now! But don't worry, we're still gonna do a dozen pay events a year!"

What would be bullshit is if they created NEW P2W items that ONLY work in these new areas, which is probably what they are gonna do.

Blog Entries

"PC outrage machine" or not, nothing said here really has any bearing on the game, so what does it matter. This is a place where people can complain about things without being slapped down by over moderated discord chats.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I feel like that defeats the whole purpose of Spell Sever. It would be better if they didn't make special circumstances of X/day spells, because that doesn't include other MIU/AS based spells which, if anything, deserve to work in spell sever because you actually spent TPs for those skills.

I feel like spell sever should just be changed completely, or simply only used for HW, and use old spellburst or something in all other new places. HW was supposed to be the "challenging" zone, but not all the others!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    The problem is this task is easier said than done. These mechanics are tied to each individual weapon and not just a blanket change. They'd have to touch every existing weapon.
    That's my point. They need to do the update correctly. Not slap a bandaid fix and tie it to divergence so your weapon sometimes behaves differently in some areas you hunt and not others.

They've had time, lots and lots of time to do things right, they just don't because they can't keep people on staff for long periods of time. Also, it is a big project to revamp the weapon system completely and it would probably take one person too long to do since coding for GSIV isn't a full time job for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    I feel like that defeats the whole purpose of Spell Sever. It would be better if they didn't make special circumstances of X/day spells, because that doesn't include other MIU/AS based spells which, if anything, deserve to work in spell sever because you actually spent TPs for those skills.

I feel like spell sever should just be changed completely, or simply only used for HW, and use old spellburst or something in all other new places. HW was supposed to be the "challenging" zone, but not all the others!
    Spell Sever might have worked 10+ years ago, but they've dug the hole way way too deep to use it for anything at all today without pissing everybody off.

HW was supposed to be the "challenging" zone, but not all the others!
    This is how Scatter was originally described too, iirc, and we see how that worked out, despite being in a completely self cast environment.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    That's my point. They need to do the update correctly. Not slap a bandaid fix and tie it to divergence so your weapon sometimes behaves differently in some areas you hunt and not others.

They've had time, lots and lots of time to do things right, they just don't because they can't keep people on staff for long periods of time. Also, it is a big project to revamp the weapon system completely and it would probably take one person too long to do since coding for GSIV isn't a full time job for anyone.
    What could perhaps be done is that all new weapons work the new way, and you can hand your current weapons to a GM to have them converted.

From Estild in dev announcements:

Divergence: After months of iterations and play testing, we now feel confident in the progress of the current Divergence setup. However, we still want to address the Bard Review to complete their toolkit now that a few outliers of their spellsongs have been adjusted. We plan to have the revised design document available soon with those details. In addition, there is likely to be a one or more updates for Wizards. Once that is complete, the updates in Divergence will become game-wide and no longer exist as a mechanic isolated to a few areas. At that time, any Spell Knowledge items for the spells currently affected by Divergence will move to the Lost Arts spell circle (or another similar setup to maintain the existing functionality). To avoid having to do this again, there are no plans to offer Spell Knowledge items at future pay events.
    Spell Sever: We're currently evaluating a design update for Spell Sever to allow additional spells cast from magical trinkets and scrolls based upon Magical Item Use and Arcane Symbol training. The exact formula is still a work in progress. We're aiming for about +2 spells (that must be cast from a magical trinket or scroll), but trying not to make it too easy for Pures or too difficult for Squares to acquire.
    Policy: Lastly, POLICY 15 continues to be our driving force as we delicately try to balance the different aspects of our game and its offerings.
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

Blog Entries

lolololol
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

From Estild in dev announcements:
    Wizards about to get wrecked.

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible