Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Divergence 2.0

The audacity of the GMs regarding divergence is pretty amazing.

People spend real life money (a LOT of money in some cases) to buy those self knowledge/X number a day spell items, only for the GMs to come along and say "LOL no! You can't use those items in the new hunting area, and heck, maybe not at all in the future!"

People have a legitimate concern now: what's next?

Are the GMs going to decide one day that +50 armor with T5 ensorcel and 50 points of crit/damage padding is too good so they won't be allowed in new hunting grounds either?

Blog Entries

Rift boot guy: "This time you've gone too far, Simu!"

I guess we'll see.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Are the GMs going to decide one day that +50 armor with T5 ensorcel and 50 points of crit/damage padding is too good so they won't be allowed in new hunting grounds either?
    Thanks for reminding me that I forgot to add this section:

Gillien — 08/08/2022
    According to dev, a +35 enchant armor might not provide +35 to DS after they “review” it. Theyve been very clear that nothing is safe. This is very bad for spending.

Meb — 08/08/2022
    I'm on board. I don't like this direction at all and am really scared for the future of the game. They are pushing me and it sounds like quite a few other away from future revenues and possibly continued gameplay.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

It looks like they want Divergence to just be a bandaid fix for issues that they can add to/remove from on the fly, instead of actually taking the time to correctly fix glaring issues.

Here's an example:

Like the RT/AvD/DF adjustment with some weapons. WTF?
    Just do what needs to be done and revamp the weapon system and do it correctly instead of making a half-assed implemented addition to weapons like they did with weapon feats. (the weapon feats are a nice addition, I just think they dropped the ball with how they were overall designed and how they are not used automatically).

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Gillien — 08/08/2022
    According to dev, a +35 enchant armor might not provide +35 to DS after they “review” it. Theyve been very clear that nothing is safe. This is very bad for spending.
    If this is true then this dev "balance" is an absolute shit show.

What made people suddenly worry about divergence? They have been shitting on classes and playstyles with their divergence threats for well over a year now. I guess the whales were just too busy laughing at the peons until the GMs started to come for their shit. Now watch the GMs cave, but just enough to placate the whales while everyone else gets fucked.

I'm definitely not saying I agree with every decision they are making. It's a crappy situation and there's no easy way out of it. I just get frustrated with people trying to say game balance doesn't matter, because it does.

Divergence is mostly a good thing, in my opinion. But they are still testing it out and will probably tweak some things.

But isn't the whole X a day thing a problem because of spell sever? Spell sever /= Divergence. I actually don't like Spell Sever for a number of reasons!

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    It looks like they want Divergence to just be a bandaid fix for issues that they can add to/remove from on the fly, instead of actually taking the time to correctly fix glaring issues.

Here's an example:

Like the RT/AvD/DF adjustment with some weapons. WTF?
    Just do what needs to be done and revamp the weapon system and do it correctly instead of making a half-assed implemented addition to weapons like they did with weapon feats. (the weapon feats are a nice addition, I just think they dropped the ball with how they were overall designed and how they are not used automatically).
    The problem is this task is easier said than done. These mechanics are tied to each individual weapon and not just a blanket change. They'd have to touch every existing weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    But isn't the whole X a day thing a problem because of spell sever? Spell sever /= Divergence. I actually don't like Spell Sever for a number of reasons!
    Isn't spell sever a part of divergence? Either way, spell sever is problematic with the way it currently works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Isn't spell sever a part of divergence? Either way, spell sever is problematic with the way it currently works.
    They're technically separate things I think, but they pretty much go hand in hand, and at least so far, 100% of Divergence areas also have Spell Sever. I don't see that changing for any other new content that might happen.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

You forgot an important part of this:

[QUOTE=Methais;2263358]Thanks for reminding me that I forgot to add this section:

Gillien — 08/08/2022

Meb — 08/08/2022
    I'm on board. I don't like this direction at all and am really scared for the future of the game. They are pushing me and it sounds like quite a few other away from future revenues and possibly continued gameplay/QUOTE]

Leafiara — 08/08/2022Wait, where was that said?

Gillien — 08/08/2022
    That wasn’t the example they used, but they were absolutely clear that nothing is safe.
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519