Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 542

Thread: Leaked Majority Opinion- SCOTUS seems on track to overrule Roe v Wade entirely

  1. #531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Stupid Republicans, the fact you all hate women and see them as nothing more than birthing chambers is destroying your whole racist party.
    LOL.

    Like how does your brain malfunction this fucking much every.fucking.day?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

  2. #532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Stupid Republicans, the fact you all hate women and see them as nothing more than birthing chambers is destroying your whole racist party.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  3. #533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Stupid Republicans, the fact you all hate women and see them as nothing more than birthing chambers is destroying your whole racist party.

  4. #534
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    8,774
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Stupid Republicans, the fact you all hate women and see them as nothing more than birthing chambers is destroying your whole racist party.
    The biggest threat to the Democrat party:



    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  5. #535
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    8,774
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Stupid Republicans, the fact you all hate women and see them as nothing more than birthing chambers is destroying your whole racist party.
    Here's a good audiobook that goes into great length to explain why "seeing women as birthing chambers" is more about "a woman and her birthing chamber" being the only way to fend against the greatest crisis humanity has faced in modern history.



    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  6. #536
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    5,866

    Default

    https://us.yahoo.com/news/pregnant-t...183039673.html

    Pregnant Texas woman says unborn baby should count as car passenger after receiving HOV ticket


    Can’t have it both ways, imo.


    Thoughts?


    Edited: A similar situation could be an issue with a pregnant mother being sent to jail for a crime. The fetus is a person according to some states (ie. Texas), but in the situation of a pregnant mother being tried for a crime, the fetus wasn't given due process. It would be unlawful for the fetus to be sent to jail unless they were also found guilty by a jury.

    If life begins at conception, then any child conceived in the U.S. is a U.S. citizen.

    Can you deport a pregnant mother that’s an illegal immigrant, when the child hasn’t had their due process, or that child is now considered a U.S. citizen?
    Last edited by Solkern; 07-11-2022 at 11:56 AM.
    The idiot award goes to…

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

  7. #537
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    33,286
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    https://us.yahoo.com/news/pregnant-t...183039673.html

    Pregnant Texas woman says unborn baby should count as car passenger after receiving HOV ticket


    Can’t have it both ways, imo.


    Thoughts?


    Edited: A similar situation could be an issue with a pregnant mother being sent to jail for a crime. The fetus is a person according to some states (ie. Texas), but in the situation of a pregnant mother being tried for a crime, the fetus wasn't given due process. It would be unlawful for the fetus to be sent to jail unless they were also found guilty by a jury.

    If life begins at conception, then any child conceived in the U.S. is a U.S. citizen.

    Can you deport a pregnant mother that’s an illegal immigrant, when the child hasn’t had their due process, or that child is now considered a U.S. citizen?
    I'm fine with the first one, as for US Citizenship, not necessarily, since abortion laws are set by states and Citizenship is set be Federal.

    If the Federal Government decided that you are a US Citizen at conception, then the Federal Government is declaring abortion murder at conception in every state.
    Last edited by Gelston; 07-11-2022 at 12:03 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  8. #538
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    5,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I'm fine with the first one, as for US Citizenship, not necessarily, since abortion laws are set by states and Citizenship is set be Federal.

    If the Federal Government decided that you are a US Citizen at conception, then the Federal Government is declaring abortion murder at conception in every state.
    But at conception, aren’t you a person? According to Texas for example. Doesn’t that mean you have all the rights and liberties as everyone else?

    Seems like this is going to murky the water between state and federal.
    But I guess federal law supersedes state law.
    Last edited by Solkern; 07-11-2022 at 12:14 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

  9. #539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    https://us.yahoo.com/news/pregnant-t...183039673.html

    Pregnant Texas woman says unborn baby should count as car passenger after receiving HOV ticket


    Can’t have it both ways, imo.
    Would this get people to stop supporting abortions? Or this just a distraction?

    Also it's easy to have it "both ways": just change the law to say only people at least 1 day old count for HOV lanes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Edited: A similar situation could be an issue with a pregnant mother being sent to jail for a crime. The fetus is a person according to some states (ie. Texas), but in the situation of a pregnant mother being tried for a crime, the fetus wasn't given due process. It would be unlawful for the fetus to be sent to jail unless they were also found guilty by a jury.
    The fetus isn't being "sent" to jail, they just happen to go where the mother is. Really might want to be careful with these kinds of comparisons because it could then be used by the other side too. Should pregnant women be allowed in bars or casinos? Kids aren't allowed in those places!

    Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    If life begins at conception, then any child conceived in the U.S. is a U.S. citizen.
    That's not what the law says. It specifically uses the term "born", not "conceived."

  10. #540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    But at conception, aren’t you a person? According to Texas for example. Doesn’t that mean you have all the rights and liberties as everyone else?
    Sure, but that doesn't mean laws can't take your age into account. There are numerous laws that pertain to people based on their age. Citizenship happens to be one of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •