Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: an irregular-surfaced raw gemstone brooch

1. Default an irregular-surfaced raw gemstone brooch

Okay, we're all sorted out and the brooch is fixed. I've updated below with a lot more information. This is the Chaos Servant. It functions exactly like other spirits, meaning it can pick up your disarmed weapon, LK you, and hold things that you give it. Spirit Servant is not found on scrolls. The spell length is determined like other spells based on your MIU and the rub activator. For me, that is 1 hour and 51 minutes. It is a 2x old style x/day that resets 24 hours after it's last use, not every day at midnight or according to how many charges it can hold.

After my conversations to get this item fixed, one oddity did remain that the Gamemasters assured me was correct. If you cast 218 at the brooch for the Chaos Servant, you will no longer be able to summon a Chaos Servant by rubbing the brooch until you use up both charges, and it resets. The same is true in reverse. If you rub the brooch and then pass it to someone else to cast 218 on it, they will not be able to summon a Chaos Servant. Basically, this item attunes to the first person to use it after you've used up the charges and it resets. If you're a wizard and you rub it, you'll get 2x a day spirit servant. If you're a cleric and you cast 218 at it, you can do that as many times a day as you want. However if you pass the item to someone else and let them try to use it, nobody will get a Chaos Servant until all the charges are used and it resets. This is basically to safe guard from there being two Chaos Servants at a time.

an irregular-surfaced raw gemstone brooch

Clusters of unrefined and raw gemstones stand out from the surface of the brooch in a chaotic display that resembles frozen flames. Volcanic black salts lay beneath a clear varnish creating avenues of darkness that contrast with the rough edges of red calcite spires and sard nodules. Ambient light illuminates the hearts of fire agates and amber, their reflected hues deepening the shadows around pieces of garnet and citrine.

Released at Rings of Lumnis in 5122, the brooch must be worn to activate (using rub) its special Servant of Lumnis Spirit Servant: a smoke and fire chaos-rider

If you know spell 218, then you may CAST at the brooch to gain the special Servant of Lumnis Spirit Servant.
    An irregular-surfaced raw gemstone brooch has a maximum of 2 uses before it goes into a cooldown cycle, leaving you 1 use for today.
    You may alter the brooch freely, though nothing about the Servant of Lumnis may be changed.
    It must remain a pin-worn item and should have an elemental theme.

You twist and turn in an erratic pattern over an irregular-surfaced raw gemstone brooch, invoking Spirit Servant in search of a servant of chaos.

Briefly darkening the area, the air explodes with a gout of smoke and flame that eventually resolves itself into a smoke and fire chaos-rider.

a smoke and fire chaos-rider

Composed of one part light and one part darkness, the chaos-rider has a form filled with smoke and flame that is bound together by raw energy to create a lithe form that vaguely resembles a gangly adolescent. Wild hair, constantly moving and undulating in a mane of flame red, haloes her youthful face, which is filled with mischievous intent. Wide eyes flicker between deepest black and brightest orange at a moment's notice as she hovers barefoot above the floor.

It's also pretty active, which apparently normal 218 spirits are not?

Swimming through the air, a smoke and fire chaos-rider leaves a trail of smoke and the sound of crackling flames in her wake.

Drawing a dagger fashioned of shadow from her belt, a smoke and fire chaos-rider suddenly advances on you with a malevolent glint in her eyes. In a blink and a flash, she disappears, only to reappear several feet away without a dagger in sight and a soundless whistle on her lips.

Skipping across the ground, a smoke and fire chaos-rider's toes briefly touch down upon the floor and produce heatless flames that die out in a plume of black smoke.

Shimmering light eclipses a smoke and fire chaos-rider's form, causing her to transform into a smoky, flame-maned stallion that gallops through the air with a soundless whinny.

Coming to an abrupt halt, the stallion explodes in a shower of smoke and flame only to rematerialize as a smoke and fire chaos-rider.

Standing stock-still, her bare feet alighting in the floor, a smoke and fire chaos-rider's features suddenly fall slack, and the chaotic whirling at her core stills.

Suddenly surging into the air, a smoke and fire chaos-rider explodes, raining smoke and flame down upon all those beneath it. Just as suddenly, she reforms.

Turning towards you, a smoke and fire chaos-rider suddenly rushes at you and, scant inches from your nose, soundlessly goes into a tirade. Moments later, she is floating in the air with a noiseless giggle.

Gazing about, a smoke and fire chaos-rider suddenly merges her body with a glaes mosaic table, which instantly erupts into flames and billowing smoke. Seconds later, the chaos-rider blinks into existence at a distance from the table, which has returned to a state of normalcy and all trace of flames are gone.

Leaving

Stretching her fingers into claws, a smoke and fire chaos-rider tilts her head back and soundlessly screams at the ceiling. Her back bows as she expends enough energy to make her inner core briefly dull, but as she straightens her back, a jovial expression dominates her features.
    >
    A smoke and fire chaos-rider fades into ethereal form and wafts away.

CB: 130m to Shaft SOLD
    Last edited by Hobbitstomp; 05-11-2022 at 05:31 AM.

2. Default

Let’s get the ball rolling. 10m.

20m
    “One of the hardest things about giving up any kind of prejudice is being honest with yourself. It’s not easy to say, ‘For nineteen years I’ve been living and believing a certain way and I’m beginning to wonder if what I believed is right.’ Then you go a little further and start admitting, ‘No, I KNOW what I believed is not right. I have no right to feel that way.” - Charlie Daniels

25MM

30m
    “One of the hardest things about giving up any kind of prejudice is being honest with yourself. It’s not easy to say, ‘For nineteen years I’ve been living and believing a certain way and I’m beginning to wonder if what I believed is right.’ Then you go a little further and start admitting, ‘No, I KNOW what I believed is not right. I have no right to feel that way.” - Charlie Daniels

40.666m

If you don't know 218, this has 2x rubs per day, right? What's the duration of those (the standard 20 minutes as documented in 218)? Are they pure fluff or do they actually provide the mechanical benefits listed in 218 (and if so, only for 218 natives or irregardless)?
    Last edited by Archeth; 05-01-2022 at 12:19 AM.

9. Default

Hey Everyone, going to have to put this auction on pause for a day to get a referral. I've had some questions and apparently I found this brooch broken! It's never saying it has current charges, doesn't seem to be working like other x/day items, like resetting at midnight (405 doesn't work on it), and unless I'm doing something wrong, it doesn't seem to actually summon the spirit it says it does, just getting random spirits when I rub or cast 218 at it.

Anyone else have one that could weigh in? I thought maybe I needed to prep the spell and SUMMON, but that doesn't seem to work either.

As far as I can tell, it's 2x a day if you don't know the spell and unlimited if you do, but I can't confirm that since I'm not getting the right spirit regardless. For me, I'm getting something like an hour and 40 minutes per rub with my MIU skills.

10. Default

I got an assist and it was definitely broken. Waiting on a referral.