Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 3 Best Rogue Builds (according to my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Waylay does do more damage with heavier weapons, but since you get so much CER from ambush, converting it to damage weighting coupled with how the waylay damage equation works, you can still hit high numbers with small weapons.

TWC from an offensive standpoint is super awesome, and I'm glad you like plate. So many people give me crap for recommending plate to rogues, but TD being so important, that CvA is freaking priceless. Sure, there are pros and cons, which is why I ultimately think you should choose based on what is mostly killing you.

I personally like using a shield mostly for the extra TD. Not only can you get -15 CvA from it, but +TD shields are also fairly common these days. But if maximizing your killing potential is your main objective, TWC is absolutely the way to go.
    Its sad that people give you shit for recommending plate. Plate is amazing like you say, the TD and flat out survivability is so worthwhile. If you can get your hands on VHDP then it's almost a joke. I could only find crit padded but I'll change the moment I find something as highly padded with damage resistance.

I didn't even know shields add a flat +20 DS before even taking into account what enchant or bonuses the shield has till recently. I didn't know about the TD or CvA till right now reading your post. I've just been so bewildered by the formulas since I was a kid and Riltus is gone so I just guessed my way.
    Thanks for the tips they've made me think again about my build which is where I find the fun in GS. Just riffing builds!

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that crit padding helps against maneuver damage and certain spells, which is why I personally like it.

The CvA from a shield comes from a T5 ensorcell + Rank 5 shield focus.

And yeah, plate is so great! People get hung up over Light Armor Proficiency, evade DS, and Vanish, but you can take hits so well, and have that fat -18 CvA (assuming MBP). You'll lose a whopping 1 SMR defense at most, but you gain the damage reduction against spells and maneuvers (-5 CER to torso, -3 everywhere else with MBP.).

And man, get some +TD plate and it's just ludicrous!

Exsanguinate. Is it any good?
    Would I have to use cutthroat first or is it ok with any old rank 2 or 3?
    Lastly, the wording makes it seem like you get a passive boon:

''Finally, you passively gain one additional round of Major Bleed at ranks 3 and 5 (up to 2 additional rounds)''.

What does that mean exactly, I'm not sure.