Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Hinterwilds are coming, so is Atoll

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    That'll be day I log off for good if they put that lame shit game wide.

If they wanted to slow things down they could just get rid of Lumnis EXP bonus. I could live with that. But slowing down hunting so you have more chances to get smoked by the stupid tactics of hunting is stupid.
    Their entire reasoning is dumb too.

"ZOMG! People have too much mana!"

So your solution is dumb hard cooldowns?

"No human could possibly react fast enough to a 1 second RT!"

...really?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Their entire reasoning is dumb too.

"ZOMG! People have too much mana!"

So your solution is dumb hard cooldowns?

"No human could possibly react fast enough to a 1 second RT!"

...really?
    Was that really their reasoning? Too much mana?

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    That'll be day I log off for good if they put that lame shit game wide.

If they wanted to slow things down they could just get rid of Lumnis EXP bonus. I could live with that. But slowing down hunting so you have more chances to get smoked by the stupid tactics of hunting is stupid.
    It gets even better...that Atoll area in KF...literally the only reason they created it (and it's just a lazily reskinned Nelemar for the most part, but with Divergence for extra stupidity) was because people were having too much fun running bandit bounties all day, since before Atoll, that was the only bounty you'd get in KF.

If Wyrom doesn't step up and at least do something to prevent Divergence from going game wide, that might actually be it for me. If these idiot devs wanna dump that shit in any new areas, then fine whatever, but don't fuck over all of the existing areas too just because they lack the creativity to do anything that makes the game more fun and wanna shoehorn all of their shitty and lazy ideas up everyone's ass because reasons.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Was that really their reasoning? Too much mana?
    Estild said that in regards to 240.

He said something like when they first designed 240 they figured the high mana cost would make it so people couldn't run it all the time, but now that people have so much mana/mana regen that post cap people can finish a hunt while keeping 240 up the whole time, so their solution is to slap a dumb cooldown on it.

So basically they gave players options to make their characters are powerful, and now that players spent all of the time and effort to make their characters more powerful they don't like it so they are nerfing all of the fun spells.

My very post cap empath gets 115 mana per pulse off a node, 240 has a 30 second duration, that's 80 mana to keep it up per minute. Pulses are 2 minutes aren't they? That's 160 mana to keep 240 up for an entire pulse. That's just to keep 240 up, saying nothing of casting other spells.

I have also put a lot of time and effort to get my empath to the point where he can get 115 mana per pulse off a node. My empath is demonstrably more powerful than a level 80 empath who probably can't keep 240 up for an entire hunt. But I guess now my much more powerful empath has to be put on the same level playing field as a level 80 empath because feelings or something?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 05-09-2022 at 04:07 PM.

Estild said that in regards to 240.

He said something like when they first designed 240 they figured the high mana cost would make it so people couldn't run it all the time, but now that people have so much mana/mana regen that post cap people can finish a hunt while keeping 240 up the whole time, so their solution is to slap a dumb cooldown on it.

So basically they gave players options to make their characters are powerful, and now that players spent all of the time and effort to make their characters more powerful they don't like it so they are nerfing all of the fun spells.

My very post cap empath gets 115 mana per pulse off a node, 240 has a 30 second duration, that's 80 mana to keep it up per minute. Pulses are 2 minutes aren't they? That's 160 mana to keep 240 up for an entire pulse. That's just to keep 240 up, saying nothing of casting other spells.

I have also put a lot of time and effort to get my empath to the point where he can get 115 mana per pulse off a node. My empath is demonstrably more powerful than a level 80 empath who probably can't keep 240 up for an entire hunt. But I guess now my much more powerful empath has to be put on the same level playing field as a level 80 empath because feelings or something?
    How much you wanna bet next DR has Divergence bypassing items?

"Buy this runestaff for 10m BS and enjoy 1 second cast RT again with Rapid Fire in Divergence areas!"
    Last edited by Methais; 05-09-2022 at 04:36 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Are HiWi kills giving the Big Game Hunter ASC Milestone point?

That shit pissed me off when I got mine for my two capped characters (one who's highest kill is 135 + another with a level 150 high kill [which is what I believe the milestone should be primarily addressing]) and then it got pulled, which made sense for my level 0 second-set-of-eyes/silver + item handler; who, for whatever reason, got the Big Game Hunter too while it was rolling out, but I thought for certain that I had gotten it legitimately for my big dudes! :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    Are HiWi kills giving the Big Game Hunter ASC Milestone point?

That shit pissed me off when I got mine for my two capped characters (one who's highest kill is 135 + another with a level 150 high kill [which is what I believe the milestone should be primarily addressing]) and then it got pulled, which made sense for my level 0 second-set-of-eyes/silver + item handler; who, for whatever reason, got the Big Game Hunter too while it was rolling out, but I thought for certain that I had gotten it legitimately for my big dudes! :'(
    wat

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    I thought the same thing for my 3 capped/near capped characters and for my 3 that are mid 60s I was like this has to be a bug. I probably won't be taking the trek to either place at this stage. Not sure it beats working through the areas that I already know.

It turns out that Divergence being applied to "old" capped areas isn't a thing anymore. It used to be, but now it's not, so that's a relief, at least until the real pure nerfs happen.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-09-2022 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    It turns out that Divergence being applied to "old" capped areas isn't a thing anymore. It used to be, but now it's not, so that's a relief, at least until the real pure nerfs happen.
    Wow really? That's good. Last I heard it was destined to be a game wide nerf someday.

I'm not used to the GMs not fucking things up. This has been a crazy past couple of months.

Wow really? That's good. Last I heard it was destined to be a game wide nerf someday.

I'm not used to the GMs not fucking things up. This has been a crazy past couple of months.
    Apparently that got shut down.

But...all that Divergence really is is a placeholder for the inevitable pure nerfs anyway, so the long term end result will still be nerfs.