Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Hinterwilds are coming, so is Atoll

Someone posted pretty much the same exact thing in HW Discord, that the mechanics essentially made playing a wizard not fun.

My problem with divergence, is what I said in this thread earlier. Maybe changes are needed? Maybe they are not? But why do they have to be forced into the game this way? It's clearly a way for them to shove it into the game without using all the usual channels. But I like to think those channels exist for a reason!

So why are they able to get away with it? I guess the reasoning is it's their hunting ground, so they can make it as hard as they want?

But hell, Naijin posted the numbers and rogues were still last even with Divergence, in HW. So what are we, chopped liver?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Someone posted pretty much the same exact thing in HW Discord, that the mechanics essentially made playing a wizard not fun.

My problem with divergence, is what I said in this thread earlier. Maybe changes are needed? Maybe they are not? But why do they have to be forced into the game this way? It's clearly a way for them to shove it into the game without using all the usual channels. But I like to think those channels exist for a reason!

So why are they able to get away with it? I guess the reasoning is it's their hunting ground, so they can make it as hard as they want?

But hell, Naijin posted the numbers and rogues were still last even with Divergence, in HW. So what are we, chopped liver?
    Dev does whatever the fuck they want these days with basically no oversight is how they get away with it.

Estild and Naijin might be good coders, but they're fucking horrible game designers who think they're god's gift to game design, so good luck questioning anything they do, especially on Discord where their army of sycophant retards will pile in and start white knighting in hopes that they'll get some GM attention while other people are watching.

All this Divergence trash is completely unnecessary and only makes shit boring. Once the novelty of it being a new area wears off, unless they add in some nice carrots at some point, most people will probably leave.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Atoll seems like it's going to be great for a few people, and suck balls for most. It should be a freaking cakewalk for me as a spell trained rogue, but for non-spell trained squares it's probably a whole lot of NOPE. The two deaths I saw happen this morning were from the 718 at like 450ish CS.

I still have yet to try it, but I will this morning. I am worried there's too much critter variance and bounties will take too long. Also, the assassin bounties are probably best traded.

4. Default

Brought to you by the people that took away haste, 711, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    Brought to you by the people that took away haste, 711, and hunting being fun.
    Fixed.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Welcome to GS beta test. You get to beta test your nerfs on Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    TLDR: Divergence is cancer and makes hunting without a script boring as fuckall. Which makes sense, since Naijin and Estild are also cancer with their never ending list of shitty ideas.
    I'm sitting here reading through some posts and I see you mention "divergence". I have no idea what the hell you're talking about...I guess I don't pay as much attention to the game anymore these days. Surprisingly divergence is actually posted on the gswiki!

Bard spell failure = welcome to every other class and their spell failures! Suck it, bitches!

1030 - too strong. Like 950, too strong. Make it weaker to slow you down to enjoy the atmosphere of the hunting ground.

1035 - too fast! You're too fast. Don't be fast. It's no fun being that fast. Slower is better. You'll like slower because it's more fun.

240 - add 60 second cooldown after your spell duration expires. You kill too fast. No good. Slow is better!

Rapid Fire - time to make you bitches feel like you're using 1035! HAHAHA!

Core Tap - 5 minute cooldown? What a joke.

Minor Steam - slight mana bump to use, not the end of the world. I'd still rather blast things with 510.

Thankfully I don't have any intentions of enjoying the reduced fun of these hunting areas with my wizards. I know I'll be feeling left out, but it will have to be something I learn to live with. You guys will have to enjoy the nerfs on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I'm sitting here reading through some posts and I see you mention "divergence". I have no idea what the hell you're talking about...I guess I don't pay as much attention to the game anymore these days. Surprisingly divergence is actually posted on the gswiki!

Bard spell failure = welcome to every other class and their spell failures! Suck it, bitches!

1030 - too strong. Like 950, too strong. Make it weaker to slow you down to enjoy the atmosphere of the hunting ground.

1035 - too fast! You're too fast. Don't be fast. It's no fun being that fast. Slower is better. You'll like slower because it's more fun.

240 - add 60 second cooldown after your spell duration expires. You kill too fast. No good. Slow is better!

Rapid Fire - time to make you bitches feel like you're using 1035! HAHAHA!

Core Tap - 5 minute cooldown? What a joke.

Minor Steam - slight mana bump to use, not the end of the world. I'd still rather blast things with 510.

Thankfully I don't have any intentions of enjoying the reduced fun of these hunting areas with my wizards. I know I'll be feeling left out, but it will have to be something I learn to live with. You guys will have to enjoy the nerfs on your own.
    You're really not missing shit. The area itself is cool, but Divergence sucks all the fun out of it and it's boring as fuck as a result. I already left.

Slower exp per hour too from what most people are saying.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-09-2022 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    The GMs said those nerfs are going game wide someday. Probably soon now that divergence hunting grounds are a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The GMs said those nerfs are going game wide someday. Probably soon now that divergence hunting grounds are a thing.
    That'll be day I log off for good if they put that lame shit game wide.

If they wanted to slow things down they could just get rid of Lumnis EXP bonus. I could live with that. But slowing down hunting so you have more chances to get smoked by the stupid tactics of hunting is stupid.