Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hinterwilds are coming, so is Atoll

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    My problem with our dev GMs is they seem absolutely unwilling to waver on their personal opinions. It's their way or the highway, and they can never be wrong, and they tend to be as blunt about it as a power tripping police officer with a tazer. Hell, like when I complained about the shield certs at DR, spoke with a Dev GM about it (in game), and he basically callously told me tough luck, nothing can be done and it will never be changed as that's how it was intended. Then I complained in the event Discord and that same day they changed the certs to be more reasonable.

Why do they need Divergence, for example? It's Dev GMs trying to cheat the system to enforce their own personal nerfs without going through the usual channels.
    Yup. Really it's lazy balancing and the people on Discord praise it as revolutionary.

Estild often says the reason 240 needs to be nerfed is because people have so much mana and mana regen these days that they can keep 240 up all the time. Well...yes...you (the GMs) gave people these options to increase their power in a variety of ways (leveling, enhancives, society abilities, ascension) so they can devote time, effort, and silvers/real money so they can increase their power so they can reach a point where they can keep 240 up all the time. This is how these types of games work; people devote time to increase the power of their character so they can do things that lower power characters can't do.

And rather than the GMs looking at the "problem" and saying "Okay, what other things can we add so people have more options to use their mana on, which might lead them to not wanting to keep 240 up all the time", they instead say "LOL! Too powerful! Time to nerf!"

They are essentially destroying the entire purpose of accumulating power, which again is the entire point of these types of games.

Imagine if in WoW they looked at top tier raiding guilds and say "Wait a minute...this person put in all of this time and effort to accumulate all of this power and he can output THIS much damage, when a freshly capped character couldn't possibly output that much damage? Well this just won't do! We need to nerf this top tier raider!"
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-28-2022 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yup. Really it's lazy balancing and the people on Discord praise it as revolutionary.
    Just as an example: when the GMs announced 5 player group limits everyone on Discord was having a good laugh saying this will show that gosh darn evil Dreaven. When I pointed out it was just lazy balancing they just doubled down on their nonsense, but none of them could explain to me how limiting group sizes adds anything to the game?

Oh oh, they didn't want people to "trivialize" content. This coming from the same people with their +50 weapons of doom with +500 points of crit weighting, 20,000 different banes, 20 different ways to flare, and their +50 full plate armor with +1000 points of crit and damage padding. "But...but more than 5 people in a group trivializes content!"

I don't even have any desire to hunt that new hunting ground, regardless of the group size limit, so I guess they just nerfed solo players who wanted to hunt in large groups for no real reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Oh oh, they didn't want people to "trivialize" content. This coming from the same people with their +50 weapons of doom with +500 points of crit weighting, 20,000 different banes, 20 different ways to flare, and their +50 full plate armor with +1000 points of crit and damage padding. "But...but more than 5 people in a group trivializes content!"
    What pisses me off, is people will spout drivel to me like "You just want to be invincible," when asking for just about anything on Discord. I dunno, I'm not the one spending $20,000 to try and be invincible like many of them are? But if they cared about the challenge so much, they could simply self impose it, instead of trying to do everything in their power to minimize it.

The only "challenge" for most people, is getting their script working!

Most people won't be going to HW for the "challenge". They'll go for the rewards (which are currently garbo, until they release archetypes.). But that leaves areas like Atoll to fall by the wayside, since it will cater mostly to non-divergence classes, and squares who know spells or are KS. The rest will just go to where the easiest hunting is.

Yes I also hate when people repeat the things I've said to me and I'm forced to come to terms with the fact that it makes me sound like an asshole. That is very annoying.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    I hunted Hinterwinds for about an hour, visiting all parts and fighting all of the highest level creatures. I would say that it was somewhat challenging to solo, but not as much as I expected. Soloing what is supposed to be the most challenging hunting grounds, you expect to get killed. I got close a couple of times. I do suspect that it would be pretty challenging in a swarming situation.

I found the access via wagon to be a pretty lazy design with zero sense of immersion. The swim across the river is again, an over-used trope in Gemstone, and the addition of "ooh, cold water" was completely unrealistic and lacking creativity. I'd love to see those two items improved upon.

Once I got in there, I liked it. It's a very large hunting area with something for everyone.

Hopefully a decent background story is put in place, the wagon is replaced with a walk through the snow, and the swim across the river is replaced with a walk across a frozen river. Then it would be all good and a fun place to hunt.
    You would think by now Simu would realize that making areas unnecessarily annoying and/or time consuming to get to is incredibly stupid "game design" and does nothing positive for the game itself.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Why do they need Divergence, for example?
    Probably so high end gear will stay in demand, and since they intentionally murdered the silver market, well...
    Last edited by Methais; 04-29-2022 at 10:03 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

What pisses me off, is people will spout drivel to me like "You just want to be invincible," when asking for just about anything on Discord. I dunno, I'm not the one spending $20,000 to try and be invincible like many of them are? But if they cared about the challenge so much, they could simply self impose it, instead of trying to do everything in their power to minimize it.

The only "challenge" for most people, is getting their script working!

Most people won't be going to HW for the "challenge". They'll go for the rewards (which are currently garbo, until they release archetypes.). But that leaves areas like Atoll to fall by the wayside, since it will cater mostly to non-divergence classes, and squares who know spells or are KS. The rest will just go to where the easiest hunting is.
    Reply to those people with "You spent $20,000 trying to be invincible and still die constantly."

EDIT: wtf is KS?
    Last edited by Methais; 04-29-2022 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    You would think by now Simu would realize that making areas unnecessarily annoying and/or time consuming to get to is incredibly stupid "game design" and does nothing positive for the game itself.
    I don't mind a little bit, in fact I prefer it be at least some bit of work to get in, but at least be creative about it please. There is some amazing design in Gemstone regarding access to hunting grounds, non of which involve swimming, except for RRs cool swim design, and the Rift pool access is pretty cool too, though almost everyone bypasses it.
    Last edited by Archigeek; 04-29-2022 at 11:32 AM.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Reply to those people with "You spent $20,000 trying to be invincible and still die constantly."

EDIT: wtf is KS?
    Kroderine or korderine soul however you spell it. It’s for squares. No spells but get spell redux and a couple of abilities.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    I don't mind a little bit, in fact I prefer it be at least some bit of work to get in, but at least be creative about it please. There is some amazing design in Gemstone regarding access to hunting grounds, non of which involve swimming, except for RRs cool swim design, and the Rift pool access is pretty cool too, though almost everyone bypasses it.
    Nelemar requires swimming if you're not in Voln.

People will just script all that dumb shit anyway. It should at least come with a "better" option also available, like how SoS does with periapts.