Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hinterwilds are coming, so is Atoll

Default Hinterwilds are coming, so is Atoll

Hinterwilds is coming in the next couple of weeks.

Also in other news looks like the KF bandit tango is about to come to an end.
    You know unless you MA and just share the bounty.

Just posting this here for people who do not Discord.

Blog Entries

Is Atoll the KF capped hunting ground?
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Yes, I ran through last night on test. It seems ok.
    Not sure I would take the time to go to KF for it but it seems ok.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dendum View Post
    Yes, I ran through last night on test. It seems ok.
    Not sure I would take the time to go to KF for it but it seems ok.
    How would you rate it based on current capped areas?
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

I hunted Hinterwinds for about an hour, visiting all parts and fighting all of the highest level creatures. I would say that it was somewhat challenging to solo, but not as much as I expected. Soloing what is supposed to be the most challenging hunting grounds, you expect to get killed. I got close a couple of times. I do suspect that it would be pretty challenging in a swarming situation.

I found the access via wagon to be a pretty lazy design with zero sense of immersion. The swim across the river is again, an over-used trope in Gemstone, and the addition of "ooh, cold water" was completely unrealistic and lacking creativity. I'd love to see those two items improved upon.

Once I got in there, I liked it. It's a very large hunting area with something for everyone.

Hopefully a decent background story is put in place, the wagon is replaced with a walk through the snow, and the swim across the river is replaced with a walk across a frozen river. Then it would be all good and a fun place to hunt.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Since HW is getting released, Naijin said Atoll is soon to follow. Bye bye bandit gravy train

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    How would you rate it based on current capped areas?
    Not really sure you can trust the loot on test but it seemed good (I really don't think it represents what it will look like when there is more than one person hunting an hour)

Some of the mobs are UAC/UCS based so.....they were not a problem for my character but they do have some cheap mechanics that I could see being problematic. There are some hiding mechanics mobs as well. Someone said there was some anti-ranged mechanics but I killed everything I could find and didn't see it...except for the always annoying Cloak of Shadows some of them had.

I could see it killing me on an unlucky roll or if I walked in a room and they unloaded on me with quick jabs like happened once but it was nothing compared to cheesy Rift Mechanics...maybe closest to Old Ta'Faendryl. The big kicker is you have to be stuck on KF to hunt the area.

As it stands now if you are running a 5 MA team bandits are obviously your better bounty choice, and you will have no trouble keeping Bandit Bounties up with such a team, but I wouldn't be horrified if I pulled an Atoll bounty. (I am not sure if divergence is a thing at the Atoll as it is in HW as I am not affected by divergence). I don't know if I would travel to KF for the purpose of doing Atoll though it just seems like a place designed to stop the endless bandit train more than anything.

People have been asking for more capped hunting grounds since before Discord so it is nice to see that happening in a variety of spots...I think FWI is slated for one as well.
    Last edited by Dendum; 04-27-2022 at 12:46 PM.

Atoll is divergence and spell sever, and the devs said this was to be the case with any new areas going forward (until the bard review for the divergence part).
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    Atoll is divergence and spell sever, and the devs said this was to be the case with any new areas going forward (until the bard review for the divergence part).
    So they want all warriors/rogues to learn spells or be KS. So stupid.

The argument sort of held up with HW because they expect you to have a crap ton of XP (though I still think it's stupid.). I've asked several times on Discord for them to change it to be like Rift + 2 spells, but like anything on Discord it gets buried in vomit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    So they want all warriors/rogues to learn spells or be KS. So stupid.

The argument sort of held up with HW because they expect you to have a crap ton of XP (though I still think it's stupid.). I've asked several times on Discord for them to change it to be like Rift + 2 spells, but like anything on Discord it gets buried in vomit.
    You can direct message them.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam