Thread: Monitor Bracker Help

Default Monitor Bracket Help

I can't seem to find any solution, so hopefully this community can help me. I have a monitor: LG 34WL500. I would love to find either a wall mount or a desk clamp mount that fits this monitor. I have seen some possible options that range from $200-$300, but that seems a ridiculous price for just a monitor mount. Maybe someone here can help me?
    Last edited by Viekn; 03-31-2022 at 11:27 PM.

Couldn't mount to desk or wall, so I use this floor stand for my 43 inch monitor: https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Screens-...dp/B01CR4Y0XO/
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Blog Entries

Apparently it uses standard $20 VESA 100x100mm mounts.

Like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Articulating-...8783774&sr=8-3
    Last edited by Taernath; 03-31-2022 at 11:35 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

IMG_2159.jpg

But the only attachment points on my monitor are within a 5x5 inch square on the back, which no wall/desk/floor bracket, other than the desktop one that came with it that takes up an 8"x16" area on my desk, seems to accommodate.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Apparently it uses standard $20 VESA 100x100mm mounts.

Like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Articulating-...8783774&sr=8-3
    Oh, I get it. I guess I'm dumb. You just don't use those extender arms?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    You just don't use those extender arms?
    Yep. And mount it to a stud if at all possible.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    If you're worried about fitting the mount into the indentation, wall mounting kits usually come with a selection of screws and spacers. Otherwise I don't see why the one I linked wouldn't fit in there. You'd just take the 'wings' off the main backplate as shown in the third diagram.
    Yeah, for whatever reason, I wasn't recognizing the fact I didn't need to use those extenders and that base square would fit into the indentation. Based on the measurements listed on the Amazon link you posted, it seems like that will work just fine. As usual, I made it more complicated than it actually was. Thanks Taernath.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    I can't seem to find any solution, so hopefully this community can help me. I have a monitor: LG 34WL500. I would love to find either a wall mount or a desk clamp mount that fits this monitor. I have seen some possible options that range from $200-$300, but that seems a ridiculous price for just a monitor mount. Maybe someone here can help me?
    I suck at monitor brackers too. If it's got a stand on it, I can usually manage to set it up right but fuck those brackers.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription