Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion

Arrow Abortion

The Mississippi abortion case that the Supreme Court heard in December outlawed abortions after 15 weeks, with no exception for rape. If abortion is to be illegal, should there be an exception for rape?

The Supreme Court decision could come at any time.

There was a brief backlash to Alabama's law, but over the last four years, 10 states have enacted abortion bans in early pregnancy without rape or incest exceptions: Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Ohio, Tennessee and Texas. All were blocked by the court, except Texas' law, which is in effect.

In recent weeks, several other legislatures have been racing to put abortion bans on the books. Arizona's governor recently signed a 15-week abortion ban without rape or incest exceptions, although it is not yet in effect.

Similar 15-week bans without these exceptions are awaiting the governor's signature in Florida and Kentucky. Oklahoma's Legislature this week approved an almost total ban on abortion except for medical emergencies. It has not yet been signed by the governor.

The Supreme Court this summer will consider the constitutionality of one of those laws - Mississippi's 15-week ban that excludes exceptions for rape and incest. In doing so, the court will decide whether to undo its 1973 Roe vs. Wade decision that legalized abortion nationwide.

More...
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

yeah, this should be good

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    If abortion is to be illegal, should there be an exception for rape?
    This is such a trap argument from Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    This is such a trap argument from Democrats.
    why is it a 'trap argument'

also, not every Democrat is pro choice

Quote Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
    You misspelled pro murdering unborn instead of taking responsibility for poor life choices.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

why is it a 'trap argument'
    I'll play along, McGuyver.

Are you saying you would be okay with outlawing all abortions except in cases of rape and incest?

I'll save you the trouble: your answer is no. So why even bring it up? Because Democrats like to use rape victims to further their political agendas.

The Democrat party wants nothing to do with those people anymore. Look no further than Joe Manchin.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-08-2022 at 10:47 AM.

How about we just don't tell women what they can and can't do with their bodies?

Fucking incels.
    Last edited by HOUSE; 04-08-2022 at 01:43 PM.

Abortion should be mandatory.

yeah, this should be good
    ^ Exhibit A

And speaking of macguyver and his mental illnesses...

Quote Originally Posted by HOUSE View Post
    How about we just don't tell women what they can and can't do with their bodies?

Fucking incels.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-08-2022 at 03:07 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOUSE View Post

Fucking incels.
    If I take my body and hit you with it, that is battery. Lws exist to protect the people that can't protect themselves. Murder is illegal.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam