Thread: Armor Choices

Blog Entries

Default Armor Choices

I am curious for those out there, who does NOT use full plate? My own personal RP choice I do not want my paladin in heavy armor. I understand it is going to be a "fun" experience but he hunts in groups and to him it is not practical to wear such heavy armor with an already big weapon to hunt for long.

For folks out there without full plate, how has your experience been overall and where level wise was some of your pain points? As it stands my paladin at 38 is in chainmail but I am thinking of going to leather armor.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Almost anything is viable in GS. The thing with armor class is you have to have a defensive mitigation in place (3x evasion or a shield) but by "already big weapon" I'm assuming you're using a two handed weapon of some sort. I'm not sure what you're getting at with not being practical to wear heavy armor and a big weapon; if you're fully trained for the armor it won't affect RT.

Can't you RP away the mechanical piece by using an armor concealer or using alternative nouns for plate (armor, plate and mail, body armor)?

At the end of the day, what good is an "RP choice" when you get so frustrated you end up quitting? The road to "Chris in billing"'s office is littered with robe wearing gnome rangers that used runestaves...
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    Almost anything is viable in GS. The thing with armor class is you have to have a defensive mitigation in place (3x evasion or a shield) but by "already big weapon" I'm assuming you're using a two handed weapon of some sort. I'm not sure what you're getting at with not being practical to wear heavy armor and a big weapon; if you're fully trained for the armor it won't affect RT.

Can't you RP away the mechanical piece by using an armor concealer or using alternative nouns for plate (armor, plate and mail, body armor)?

At the end of the day, what good is an "RP choice" when you get so frustrated you end up quitting? The road to "Chris in billing"'s office is littered with robe wearing gnome rangers that used runestaves...
    and good call on the concealer! I will go that route!
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

I think some of the new krolvin armor nouns work for light and heavy armor classes. If that fits your rp it is another way to obfuscate plate.