Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROL Brooch question

Blog Entries

Default ROL Brooch question

Just curious and wondering for anyone who has used the brooches before for something other than instant EXP absorbtion. For the brooch capability where it gives bonus bounty points, is that for a single turn in (since the item is X per day) or is it like an hour boost per day?

I am planning on doing a small number of runs (most likely sub 50, whatever my limited silvers to ROL entries gets me) and like the idea of the added bounty boost points but hoping its more than just a single task bump.

Found it -- The brooch MUST be activated to use. Spiritual is instantly used. The others stay active for thirty (30) minutes. The brooch starts off at 1x/day, but with many runs, you can begin to gain additional uses. Gaining extra uses takes the entire's brooch's progress into account, not just the specific benefits, as does unlocking verbs. Don't worry about memorizing the numbers. ANALYZE the brooch for details on your progress and brooch benefits.

May mess with chaos and some other mixes
    Last edited by Orthin; 03-21-2022 at 09:15 AM.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Pally

A 1x/day brooch with order would allow you to get bonus bounty points 2-3 times a day. And you could theoretically get a lot more than that in 30 minutes if you have bounty boosts available

For unsolicited advice, at less than 50 runs total, I would recommend not spending the million silvers to upgrade the brooch, and go with chaos. I would likely have different advice if you plan to build this thing over time. Which of course comes with the caveat that they claim this event could go away at any time. But I don't think that will happen as long there are people out there getting their brooches up to 11x+/day uses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by malmuddy View Post
    A 1x/day brooch with order would allow you to get bonus bounty points 2-3 times a day. And you could theoretically get a lot more than that in 30 minutes if you have bounty boosts available

For unsolicited advice, at less than 50 runs total, I would recommend not spending the million silvers to upgrade the brooch, and go with chaos. I would likely have different advice if you plan to build this thing over time. Which of course comes with the caveat that they claim this event could go away at any time. But I don't think that will happen as long there are people out there getting their brooches up to 11x+/day uses.
    does chaos boost whatever is selected or do I have to have those unlocks AND chaos?

Sorry maybe phrasing this way helps. I know Chaos will be a random one of those options on a given day. Do I have to have unlocks of that part of the brooch (the absorb, boost etc.) and the chaos part, or if I just have the chaos will it work for whatever is that days option?
    Last edited by Orthin; 03-21-2022 at 08:47 PM.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Pally

I haven't done anything on the chaos ring, so I don't have any direct experience with it. I read the article as you only need to do the chaos ring. Say you do 30 runs of chaos. That would give you a 200 bonus. The chaos ring randomly selects one of the other four benefits, and could give what it says is "up to 10% more of a bonus." So one time a day, you would get one of the following four benefits, chosen at random (but I think you know what it will be before you rub the brooch via ANALYZE):

200-220 bigger experience bucket for 30 minutes (Planar)
    200-220 instant experience absorption (Spiritual)
    20-22% chance to reroll various checks while on Adventurer's Guild tasks (Elemental - and by far the worst benefit IMO, never used this one myself)
    200-220 extra bounty points per completed AG task for 30 minutes (Order - As discussed, you can complete up to 3 tasks in 30 minutes without bounty boosts if you time it right, more if you use bounty boosts)

If anyone actually uses the chaos ring and can confirm/deny any of this, that would be great.

Blog Entries

I haven't done anything on the chaos ring, so I don't have any direct experience with it. I read the article as you only need to do the chaos ring. Say you do 30 runs of chaos. That would give you a 200 bonus. The chaos ring randomly selects one of the other four benefits, and could give what it says is "up to 10% more of a bonus." So one time a day, you would get one of the following four benefits, chosen at random (but I think you know what it will be before you rub the brooch via ANALYZE):

200-220 bigger experience bucket for 30 minutes (Planar)
    200-220 instant experience absorption (Spiritual)
    20-22% chance to reroll various checks while on Adventurer's Guild tasks (Elemental - and by far the worst benefit IMO, never used this one myself)
    200-220 extra bounty points per completed AG task for 30 minutes (Order - As discussed, you can complete up to 3 tasks in 30 minutes without bounty boosts if you time it right, more if you use bounty boosts)

If anyone actually uses the chaos ring and can confirm/deny any of this, that would be great.
    this sounds like the best option for me, for more casual use of the item. What is the whole 20-22% chance to reroll various checks? Is that like for finding an heirloom?
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Pally

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    this sounds like the best option for me, for more casual use of the item. What is the whole 20-22% chance to reroll various checks? Is that like for finding an heirloom?
    I believe it is for anything with a roll, hidden or not. Heirloom tasks, foraging herbs, gem tasks (if you don't already hoard them), maybe determining if a child appears on rescue tasks. If your first roll fails, you have a roughly 1 in 5 chance for a second roll/chance of success. It should theoretically help you complete tasks faster, but it's not like they take a long time without the brooch.

Blog Entries

I believe it is for anything with a roll, hidden or not. Heirloom tasks, foraging herbs, gem tasks (if you don't already hoard them), maybe determining if a child appears on rescue tasks. If your first roll fails, you have a roughly 1 in 5 chance for a second roll/chance of success. It should theoretically help you complete tasks faster, but it's not like they take a long time without the brooch.
    ah okay cool, so when that shows up it will be my womp womp noise days
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Pally

Blog Entries

Now I just need to figure out what scripts there are for this event...or what reference pages I can use because I suck at solving things
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Pally

It's definitely time-based and it shows up in SPELL ACTIVE. I use my shitty brooch on white for like 10 extra BPs after completing an AG task.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    Now I just need to figure out what scripts there are for this event...or what reference pages I can use because I suck at solving things
    I imagine there are scripts out there for it. I'd try asking closer to or during the event and see what is out there. The process involves a puzzle, and then a question. You can bypass the puzzle and question if all you care about is your brooch, as that will power up regardless of what happens on the puzzle/question. But I think you need to solve the puzzle and answer the question correctly to get an item, which is usually a lightening or deepening note, with rare chances at experience orbs and whatever limited things they are offering this run.

There is a spoiler page on the wiki, but it isn't much help with puzzles currently. The puzzles range from super easy to almost impossible to figure out on your own. A lot of the questions are listed and answered on this spoiler page, but not all. For the ones that aren't, I've always found google and wiki searches are pretty good at getting answers. You just have to find the right key words from the question to search.

I was thinking for the number of runs you plan on, it might be kind of fun to do it without help. I'm sure the people that are running this thousands of times wouldn't want to do it manually, but ~30 doesn't sound so bad. You get a small amount of experience per run too, so it's not a total waste of time from a character advancement standpoint. But that is obviously a personal choice based on how much time/energy you have to put into this.