Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ROL Brooch question

Blog Entries

okay cool I will give it a whirl! Thank you!
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

2. Default

For those of you that use random, but don't use the elemental benefit, that means 20% of the time effectively nothing happens. So that pretty much is identical to the 20% increase for setting to random, right?

So you should set it to the benefit you actually want, not random, you arent getting anything out of random and in fact I think you are losing something if arent getting the benefit you want most of the time.
    Last edited by gilchristr; 03-24-2022 at 03:40 PM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    For those of you that use random, but don't use the elemental benefit, that means 20% of the time effectively nothing happens. So that pretty much is identical to the 20% increase for setting to random, right?

So you should set it to the benefit you actually want, not random, you arent getting anything out of random and in fact I think you are losing something if arent getting the benefit you want most of the time.
    It is actually worse than you outlined, as you are getting nothing 25% of the time if you don't care about or use the Elemental setting.

I would advise against doing the chaos ring in most cases, especially if you plan on putting a lot into the brooch. I thought chaos made sense in the situation the OP presented of a low total number of runs plus not having a specific benefit they really cared about. It is the variety pack approach, giving a taste of all of the benefits. And Elemental is the one in the variety pack that nobody likes.

As an alternative, it is likely a better value to pay the 1M silver to upgrade the brooch if you place a near zero value on the Elemental benefit. Then do 10 runs each on Spiritual, Order, and Planar. Those same 30 runs plus 1M coins will give you 100 instant experience absorption, 30 minutes of +100 experience bucket, and 30 minutes of +100 bounty points. But you get all 3 of those every day with the upgraded brooch. Statistically, 100 of each of the 3 benefits every day is better than 200-220 of one of them every 4 days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by malmuddy View Post
    It is actually worse than you outlined, as you are getting nothing 25% of the time if you don't care about or use the Elemental setting.

I would advise against doing the chaos ring in most cases, especially if you plan on putting a lot into the brooch. I thought chaos made sense in the situation the OP presented of a low total number of runs plus not having a specific benefit they really cared about. It is the variety pack approach, giving a taste of all of the benefits. And Elemental is the one in the variety pack that nobody likes.

As an alternative, it is likely a better value to pay the 1M silver to upgrade the brooch if you place a near zero value on the Elemental benefit. Then do 10 runs each on Spiritual, Order, and Planar. Those same 30 runs plus 1M coins will give you 100 instant experience absorption, 30 minutes of +100 experience bucket, and 30 minutes of +100 bounty points. But you get all 3 of those every day with the upgraded brooch. Statistically, 100 of each of the 3 benefits every day is better than 200-220 of one of them every 4 days.
    so if I use the 1m silver thing I could use each thing 1 time a day? or do you mean I could pick one of those 3 any day
    Last edited by Orthin; 03-24-2022 at 10:00 PM.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    so if I use the 1m silver thing I could use each thing 1 time a day? or do you mean I could pick one of those 3 any day
    The upgrade allows you to use each ring every day. From a value standpoint, paying the 1M coins up front is probably the way to go.

And if you have more than 30 runs, I would argue your next best value after 10 each on Planar, Order, and Spiritual would be to go 10 on Chaos. That's because the 11th run on each ring only adds 5 to the bonus (versus the first 10 that add 10 to the bonus).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by malmuddy View Post
    The upgrade allows you to use each ring every day. From a value standpoint, paying the 1M coins up front is probably the way to go.

And if you have more than 30 runs, I would argue your next best value after 10 each on Planar, Order, and Spiritual would be to go 10 on Chaos. That's because the 11th run on each ring only adds 5 to the bonus (versus the first 10 that add 10 to the bonus).
    oh good to know, 4 single uses a day would be awesome. Also I felt the need for the luck bonus for a bounty I had today so while I may have limited use, I definitely now know I would use it. 26 mobs...fuck me
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

7. Default

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but someone was asking about scripts. I've been using the script from repo called rofl-puzzles. There is also a rofl-questions if you don't want to look up the answers, but I haven't tried that one.

Blog Entries

just about done with the event based on what I wanted to put in. Thoroughly enjoyed it. My favorite was chaos, preferred those puzzles the most and had fun looking up a lot of the questions and learned some stuff about the game.

I could see why anyone running it a bunch would want scripts I was at my stopping point right before the puzzles were starting to become repetitive
    Last edited by Orthin; 04-17-2022 at 02:37 PM.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Blog Entries

So I have noticed that for one of my characters there Chaos brooch has been Elemental 3 days in a row (yuck). I was concerned from day 1 to day 2 it was because I didn't use it. so I used it yesterday and sure enough Elemental again. My other character though their Chaos has been Planar 3 days in a row. Is it like a random chance to get 1 of the 4 or does it cycle every day? Seems weird that both have not changed in 3 days.

Spoke to a couple folks. Sounds like its just a 1 in 4 chance to be something versus today is spirit, tomorrow is order, next day planar etc. so this makes more sense now
    Last edited by Orthin; 04-19-2022 at 08:44 AM.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    just about done with the event based on what I wanted to put in. Thoroughly enjoyed it. My favorite was chaos, preferred those puzzles the most and had fun looking up a lot of the questions and learned some stuff about the game.

I could see why anyone running it a bunch would want scripts I was at my stopping point right before the puzzles were starting to become repetitive
    Glad you enjoyed it. The questions expose you to a history piece that is very interesting, at least to me. The game has such a fleshed out back story, and unfortunately most people that play this game will be exposed to little to none of it.