Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Elden Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    That's because they bitched out once they realized they couldn't just run in and button mash their way to victory as if they were playing Dynasty Warriors or something, same thing that happens when people would quit any Dark Souls game.

Also, you have to play this game it's amazing. I say this as someone who is still playing, and your post is now invalid. Reported enjoy your forever ban omg omg omg omg omg
    I only considered buying this because Bethesda is dragging their feet on the next Elder Scrolls, but then realized that it would just be another game I buy in case I ever want to play it that would never get played. I wish I could get into games like I used to. I had kids and that part of me just died, I think. It does look cool. Very Elder Scrolls-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    I only considered buying this because Bethesda is dragging their feet on the next Elder Scrolls, but then realized that it would just be another game I buy in case I ever want to play it that would never get played. I wish I could get into games like I used to. I had kids and that part of me just died, I think. It does look cool. Very Elder Scrolls-ish.
    I feel you with kids and just not having the time or getting the same joy out of games anymore. I can only be a casual player but so far enjoying it.

The game is Elder Scrolls meets Dark Souls. That’s the best way I know how to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    I had no plans on playing this game at all just because I didn't have the patience for Dark Souls and all that. The open world part makes it a lot more flexible and chill though.

I figured I'd have the same results as you despite having no kids...buy it and either never play it, or play it for like an hour and then forget about it forever after, because that's what happens with me with most games now. Instead, I just got sucked in right off the bat, and haven't been able to stop ever since, and all without having that "my life is being consumed" vibe like when you get sucked into a new MMO and the rest of the world ceases to exist.

I'll eventually get back to playing Lost Ark. One day. Probably.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-24-2022 at 04:52 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I had no plans on playing this game at all just because I didn't have the patience for Dark Souls and all that. The open world part makes it a lot more flexible and chill though.

I figured I'd have the same results as you despite having no kids...buy it and either never play it, or play it for like an hour and then forget about it forever after, because that's what happens with me with most games now. Instead, I just got sucked in right off the bat, and haven't been able to stop ever since, and all without having that "my life is being consumed" vibe like when you get sucked into a new MMO and the rest of the world ceases to exist.

I'll eventually get back to playing Lost Ark. One day. Probably.
    You playing it on PC? I've heard some grumbling about the port and that's the only reason I haven't grabbed it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
    You playing it on PC? I've heard some grumbling about the port and that's the only reason I haven't grabbed it yet.
    Yeah, PC. Once in a while I'll get some brief mild stuttering, but it hasn't had any effect on gameplay and only lasts a couple seconds, and that's with all settings maxed. There was some issue on release that was causing some systems to use its integrated video, but that's been fixed, and I didn't have any issues then either.

All the complaints I've been hearing are either massively overblown or I've just been lucky.

PS4 version runs like shit, PS5 version runs at 45-60 fps in "performance" mode and I'm not sure about in "presentation" mode or whatever it's called but I wanna say somewhere in the 40s.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-28-2022 at 09:00 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
    I had the integrated graphics issue and just switched over manually to discrete graphics and then had no issues, but that's fixed now. It runs well on PC with the rare/minor hiccups M mentioned, I would suggest using a controller (or buying one since this is going to take you 100 hours).

Quote Originally Posted by hamsquatch View Post
    I had the integrated graphics issue and just switched over manually to discrete graphics and then had no issues, but that's fixed now. It runs well on PC with the rare/minor hiccups M mentioned, I would suggest using a controller (or buying one since this is going to take you 100 hours).
    I bought a PS5 controller just for this. PS4 controller works fine, but PS5 controllers are pretty nice.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hamsquatch View Post
    A controller on the pc that just seems not okay lol. I haven't used a controller for my computer ever i don't think. I do have a ps4 though. If I was to buy this game. I am tempted
    Last edited by beldannon5; 03-28-2022 at 03:06 PM.

I bought an Xbox controller for my PC for the sole purpose of playing Elden Ring. I played Dark Souls on console (my now 7 year old twin girls DESTROYED the PS4 controllers), and it felt like the game was meant to be played on a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    A controller on the pc that just seems not okay lol. I haven't used a controller for my computer ever i don't think. I do have a ps4 though. If I was to buy this game. I am tempted
    After about 5 minutes trying to play Elden Ring with mouse/keyboard you'll be plugging your controller in.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-28-2022 at 03:32 PM.