Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Simu came through for me!

  1. #1

    Default Simu came through for me!

    So I was super pissed because I wanted to resize a tower shield down to a small shield, and 3 certs for that is insane! But it's an awesome shield so I took the hit, and bought the 3 certs....but didn't realize that counts as 3 services on the same item, so there's the 25k surcharge. So it would be 100k to resize!!

    I put in an assist because I was pretty pissed about the surcharge for this kind of service, expecting to get nowhere with it. But not only did they convert it to a small shield without a surcharge, they decided to make it so shield resize certs are now 1 cert to any size, and they refunded me 2 certs!

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    So I was super pissed because I wanted to resize a tower shield down to a small shield, and 3 certs for that is insane! But it's an awesome shield so I took the hit, and bought the 3 certs....but didn't realize that counts as 3 services on the same item, so there's the 25k surcharge. So it would be 100k to resize!!

    I put in an assist because I was pretty pissed about the surcharge for this kind of service, expecting to get nowhere with it. But not only did they convert it to a small shield without a surcharge, they decided to make it so shield resize certs are now 1 cert to any size, and they refunded me 2 certs!
    That is how they were for most of the time since the advent of different sizes. And the way it should be.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

  3. #3

    Default

    I love it when a plan comes together.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    That is how they were for most of the time since the advent of different sizes. And the way it should be.
    Why do you say that? It seems ludicrous to me, the way it worked.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    So I was super pissed because I wanted to resize a tower shield down to a small shield, and 3 certs for that is insane! But it's an awesome shield so I took the hit, and bought the 3 certs....but didn't realize that counts as 3 services on the same item, so there's the 25k surcharge. So it would be 100k to resize!!

    I put in an assist because I was pretty pissed about the surcharge for this kind of service, expecting to get nowhere with it. But not only did they convert it to a small shield without a surcharge, they decided to make it so shield resize certs are now 1 cert to any size, and they refunded me 2 certs!
    Good shit, that was a punishing experience/surcharge

  6. #6

    Default

    Congrats, take it easy on the yeyo man!!!
    I accepted free spells during an "automated third party promotion" from "the responsible party," but I only did it once, and I didn't hunt until after they wore off

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Why do you say that? It seems ludicrous to me, the way it worked.

    Pretty sure he's saying your resolution is the way it was before it was offered as a Duskruin cert/service.

    I know I had a premium merchant offer it a decade or so ago and change a tower shield for me to medium size in a single move. Sounds like they messed up on the cert (or maybe modeled it after AsG change certs, which armor changes are abit more drastic than a shield). Though our services were done before SHIELD and all the newer application of shield sizes.
    Last edited by Roblar; 02-23-2022 at 03:54 AM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Why do you say that? It seems ludicrous to me, the way it worked.
    I've changed a few shields, and have never been charged multiple times for one change. Don't know why it makes any sense for you to have to pay multiple times.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    So I was super pissed because I wanted to resize a tower shield down to a small shield, and 3 certs for that is insane! But it's an awesome shield so I took the hit, and bought the 3 certs....but didn't realize that counts as 3 services on the same item, so there's the 25k surcharge. So it would be 100k to resize!!

    I put in an assist because I was pretty pissed about the surcharge for this kind of service, expecting to get nowhere with it. But not only did they convert it to a small shield without a surcharge, they decided to make it so shield resize certs are now 1 cert to any size, and they refunded me 2 certs!
    You love to see this.

  10. #10

    Default

    Glad to hear a reasonable outcome for an unreasonable situation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •