Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simu came through for me!

Default Simu came through for me!

So I was super pissed because I wanted to resize a tower shield down to a small shield, and 3 certs for that is insane! But it's an awesome shield so I took the hit, and bought the 3 certs....but didn't realize that counts as 3 services on the same item, so there's the 25k surcharge. So it would be 100k to resize!!

I put in an assist because I was pretty pissed about the surcharge for this kind of service, expecting to get nowhere with it. But not only did they convert it to a small shield without a surcharge, they decided to make it so shield resize certs are now 1 cert to any size, and they refunded me 2 certs!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    So I was super pissed because I wanted to resize a tower shield down to a small shield, and 3 certs for that is insane! But it's an awesome shield so I took the hit, and bought the 3 certs....but didn't realize that counts as 3 services on the same item, so there's the 25k surcharge. So it would be 100k to resize!!

I put in an assist because I was pretty pissed about the surcharge for this kind of service, expecting to get nowhere with it. But not only did they convert it to a small shield without a surcharge, they decided to make it so shield resize certs are now 1 cert to any size, and they refunded me 2 certs!
    That is how they were for most of the time since the advent of different sizes. And the way it should be.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    That is how they were for most of the time since the advent of different sizes. And the way it should be.
    Why do you say that? It seems ludicrous to me, the way it worked.

5. Default

Good shit, that was a punishing experience/surcharge

Congrats, take it easy on the yeyo man!!!
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Pretty sure he's saying your resolution is the way it was before it was offered as a Duskruin cert/service.

I know I had a premium merchant offer it a decade or so ago and change a tower shield for me to medium size in a single move. Sounds like they messed up on the cert (or maybe modeled it after AsG change certs, which armor changes are abit more drastic than a shield). Though our services were done before SHIELD and all the newer application of shield sizes.
    Last edited by Roblar; 02-23-2022 at 03:54 AM.

I've changed a few shields, and have never been charged multiple times for one change. Don't know why it makes any sense for you to have to pay multiple times.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

You love to see this.

Glad to hear a reasonable outcome for an unreasonable situation.