Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemstone players will drop by half | no more f2ps?

Default Gemstone players will drop by half | no more f2ps?

From Wyrom:

F2P in GS is meant to be an extended trial. If someone is playing 30 days in a row and buying the exp tokens each day, they aren't the target audience. F2P is targeted toward casual play that might get 2 days a week to play. Definitely can use some improvements still, but the costs have all been lowered across the board for F2P for that purpose.

While DragonRealms may come off as a better F2P experience from a monetization standpoint, it's actually not successful on the business side and doesn't really work well there. GS has definitely taken the lead on F2P between the games.

The F2P subscription to a real new player doesn't feel like a crawl. It's once they get exposed to this sort of chatter that they become jaded about it. Just after a dozen or so exit surveys I conducted years ago with a group of new players that tried the game out. Many stated that they didn't feel the experience was bad until they were told by established players it was bad.

The other issue is the mule/MAing F2P accounts, which is something we'll probably be solving once Finnia launches. Using multiple F2P accounts was never an intended use of that subscription model.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

MY PART

In other words

1) No more free lockers that can walk
    2) No more cheap silvers here and there
    3) No more access to low level spells for your tunes
    4) No more try outs this or that build

In other words, SIMU wants to cash in more by forcing people to get locker rooms with p2w, remove table zombies, remove area spawners (parking a f2p toon in an area to stimulate more spawning) and so on.

Ahh SIMU.. so greedy.
    Last edited by Xcalibur1; 02-20-2022 at 11:03 PM.

Where exactly are you seeing this announcement? And where does the announcement end and your commentary begin?

Also it's not that the F2P model is bad per se, it's just why bother with the headache of much slower experience gain, having to purchase a pass for this and a pass for that, when for just 15 bucks a month you get the full experience?

Doesn't the experience gain slow to a crawl once you hit like level 50?

Sure if someone doesn't really care about advancing that fast and they just enjoy the roleplaying or combat aspect of the game then F2P is great.

There is a wizard around level 70 that is F2P. He just plays for fun. Last I heard he gets around 12 exp a pulse in a super node

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    There is a wizard around level 70 that is F2P. He just plays for fun. Last I heard he gets around 12 exp a pulse in a super node

What does no cheap silvers here or there mean?

Geez I saw the thread title and I think there was a new covid variant...
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

6. Default

I've got some characters that get around 12 exp a pulse on a super node. Mind you they are around level 60 and are purposefully set for full Ascension. But it really isn't that much of a crawl, they actually level way more frequently than I want them to.

Many stated that they didn't feel the experience was bad until they were told by established players it was bad.
    I mean...if someone eats moldy food and doesn't realize that eating mold is bad because they don't know any better, that's not someone else's fault for telling them that eating mold is bad.

Making someone less ignorant about how things work is a bad thing now I guess.

What the fuck is Finnia though?
    Last edited by Methais; 02-21-2022 at 09:36 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I mean...if someone eats moldy food and doesn't realize that eating mold is bad, that's not someone else's fault for telling them that eating mold is bad.

I believe Finnia is the new level 1-20 hunting zone for new players

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I mean...if someone eats moldy food and doesn't realize that eating mold is bad, that's not someone else's fault for telling them that eating mold is bad.

Yes, but you're being told by people that are gorging themselves on moldy food that moldy food is bad.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I believe Finnia is the new level 1-20 hunting zone for new players

The game needs yet another low level hunting area?