Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemstone players will drop by half | no more f2ps?

In fairness as long as the mold does not produce mycotoxins itís perfectly safe to eat. Also assuming no natural allergies to mold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The game needs yet another low level hunting area?
    Lack of low level hunting areas is the number 1 killer of subs, or something.

We could have been the next WoW but rats are too passť.
    Last edited by Taernath; 02-21-2022 at 09:49 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

It's not a new hunting area in the traditional sense- its a new player experience and self contained island. It would be akin to a starter zone in a traditional MMO
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Yes, but you're being told by people that are gorging themselves on moldy food that moldy food is bad.
    Ok then...let's use cooking a meal via a campfire that was started by rubbing sticks together after going around to gather wood and all that, and then someone introduces them to electricity and a microwave.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    It's not a new hunting area in the traditional sense- its a new player experience and self contained island. It would be akin to a starter zone in a traditional MMO
    I don't get it though...how has Simu still not figured out that 0 advertising or marketing = few to 0 actual new players?

Simu's been so hung up on "attracting new players" for decades now but the entire time they've refused to actually do anything that would reliably draw in new players.

Where are all these new players they're aiming for going to come from? Not advertising, because Simu is too cheap and stupid to market anything.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Simu's been so hung up on "attracting new players" for decades now but the entire time they've refused to actually do anything that would reliably draw in new players.
    Apparently blaming longtime players for a lack of new players is the way to go because those longtime players had the nerve to point out the drawbacks of F2P.

Not advertising, because Simu is too cheap and stupid to market anything.
    I just thought of this...don't they make other games? They had a somewhat successful mobile game, they have that shooter game coming out. Why the hell don't they advertise their MUDs on these games? You know, the games that made them the company that they are today?

Or maybe they do. I highly doubt it though. Simutronics almost seems ashamed of their MUDs even though they are the only reason they were able to fund Hero Engine and sell it and make a fortune to fund their other graphical games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I just thought of this...don't they make other games? They had a somewhat successful mobile game, they have that shooter game coming out. Why the hell don't they advertise their MUDs on these games? You know, the games that made them the company that they are today?
    They're too stupid. That's literally all there is to it.

Years ago when someone suggested that they should fucking advertise, their reply was (paraphrased) "Well since there's not a 100% chance it will pay off, we're not going to do that."

That's literally how Simu views marketing.

They're too stupid. That's literally all there is to it.

Years ago when someone suggested that they should fucking advertise, their reply was (paraphrased) "Well since there's not a 100% chance it will pay off, we're not going to do that."

That's literally how Simu views marketing.
    Have to agree with this. Simu's marketing approach seems so short-sighted. If it takes a rare type of random weirdo to just happen on GS, then it makes sense to cast a wide net. I discovered GS as I was logging out of AOL and just clicked the "try GS" button and was hooked after that. But that was purely because they decided to get exposure on a broad platform.

But it also seems consistent with their whole PR branch and its capabilities or lack thereof. Consider the number of times they've made decisions that the playerbase forewarned them about, then they made the decision anyway, seemed surprised that people were upset, then ended up having to backtrack. (See wizard nerfs '16, bards nerfs '21, dark & dangerous, Dreavenings/invoker, HESS spins, etc.).
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by Lavastene View Post
    I've got some characters that get around 12 exp a pulse on a super node. Mind you they are around level 60 and are purposefully set for full Ascension. But it really isn't that much of a crawl, they actually level way more frequently than I want them to.

My warmage is level 60, got his exp split 40/60 (normal/asc) and sometimes I think it'll take forever to level, but the last 30K has gone done pretty quick. Just 18k away from leveling and 12k away from an ATP.

I don't play him that much, I agree that it still doesn't take that long to level him. I wonder how I'll feel about it once he hits level 80 and has a 20/80 split.

12 experience per pulse might not be that bad, but that's less than a third that a paid account can earn per pulse. So by the time a F2P account reaches 10 million experience they could have had 30 million experience had they been playing a paid account. It would actually be even higher than 30 million because I don't think there's a floor to how low your experience absorption can get on a F2P account, I think eventually you would be earning 1 experience per pulse. I could be wrong about a lack of a floor though.