Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally finishing ;rogue

Default Finally finishing ;rogue

;rogues can now master you in:
    Stun Maneuvers
    Lock Mastery
    Subdue
    Sweep

I'm finally getting around to finishing up ;rogue, since it's currently lacking Stun Maneuvers tasks and most Lock Mastery tasks. Rolled up a new rogue and everything to finish up this script. I'm also completely rewriting the entire script for all other tasks as well.

So who is going to be awesome and give me some guild voucher thingies so I code skipping tasks into the script? You know...for science!

Also is there a way to skip tasks without vouchers? I seem to recall someone telling me that the GMs made it so you can turn in a task once every 15 minutes, similar to how the Adventurer's Guild works, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Change log:

Version 3: Current achievable ranks: Lock Mastery: At least 30 Stun Maneuvers: At least 15
    Version 4: Current achievable ranks: Lock Mastery: At least 40 Stun Maneuvers: At least 15
    Version 4: Some Rogue guilds have toolbench rooms tagged as "rogue guild toolbenchs" and some have them tagged as "rogue guild workshop." The script was only using "rogue guild toolbenchs" tags to find toolbench rooms but now it is using both tags.
    Version 5: Some tasks weren't being traded in even though they were set to be traded in. This has now been fixed.
    Version 5: Possible bug fix?
    Version 6: Fixed bug when script was trying to buy sacks to add clasps to. Script was just looking for "a sack" but now should look for "a sack" or "a small sack."
    Version 7: Current achievable ranks: Lock Mastery: At least 50 Stun Maneuvers: At least 15
    Version 8: Script should no longer unnecessarily drop wedges you have already created to use when on the task to create wedge for a footpad.
    Version 9: Increased the difficulty of locks created for the "Create lock assemblies" lock mastery task because apparently the locks being created were too low to get a rep for some people.
    Version 10: Current achievable ranks: Lock Mastery: MASTER Stun Maneuvers: At least 15
    Version 11: Fixed bug with script not turning in created lockpicks for task.
    Version 12: Fixed bug with task for creating wedges for footpads. Current achievable ranks: Lock Mastery: MASTER Stun Maneuvers: At least 30
    Version 13: Fixed bug with Lock Mastery SENSE tasks.
    Version 13: Fixed bug with Lock Mastery measure task.
    Version 14: Current achievable ranks: Lock Mastery: MASTER Stun Maneuvers: MASTER
    Version 15: Fixed bug with script getting stuck in footpad training room "Dark Corner" in certain towns.
    Version 16: Changed script to try and keep lock mastery focus active during picking contests.
    Version 17: Script should now successfully buy a sack in any general store for "Clasp some containers" tasks for Lock Mastery.
    Version 18: You can now use stunning items that need to be held, before the script only worked with stunning items that were worn.
    Version 19: All Subdue tasks have been added. Script can now master you in Subdue!
    Version 20: Fixed bug with doing Customize Lockpick tasks for a footpad.
    Version 21: Fixed bug with script getting stuck doing sweep dirt tasks.
    Version 21: Script can now master the Sweep guild skill!
    Version 21: Script can now help other people with their partner tasks. Do ;rogues for more info. Currently script can only help people with their Sweep partner tasks.
    Version 21: Option to automatically use a Guild Profession boost in the setup menu. These boosts double the training points received for 30 minutes and don't stack with Guild Night. If option is set to "yes" the boost will be used right before turning in a task, as long as you don't already have a Guild Profession Boost active and Guild Night is currently not active.
    Version 22: Fixed bug with script getting stuck if you already had a task for the skill you are training in when you started the script.
    Version 22: Script can now get you to at least rank 44 in Cheapshots.
    Version 23: There is now an option to have the script exit when receiving a critter task. This is so you can do the task manually. After you have completed the critter task then start the script again and it will turn in the task and continue on.
    Version 24: Script can now master the Cheap Shots guild skill!
    Last edited by Tgo01; 11-06-2022 at 01:36 AM.

I may have some...i'll look through my characters.....

And I do. I've got a Guilds Voucher Pack on a wizard that has been holding them for probably 2+ years. Looks like it's a 100 pack. I've got no use for it. I dabble in the guilds, but not enough to warrant the use of these. Yours if you want it.

Code:
    You remove an Elanthian Guilds voucher pack from in your white linen greatcloak.

>l at my pack
    In neat calligraphy, it reads:
    This pack entitles the presenter to 100 free guild task trade-ins, courtesy of the Elanthian Guilds Council.

To redeem this Guilds voucher pack, please GIVE it to any profession guild training administrator.
    >analyze my pack
    You analyze your Guilds voucher pack and sense that the creator has provided the following information:

This pack contains 100 vouchers for free task trade-ins at the various profession guilds.

GIVE the pack to a Training Administrator to redeem the vouchers and have them added to your total in GLD.
    BUNDLE it with other packs or vouchers like it to combine uses.
    TEAR it to remove a single voucher.

It cannot be altered.
    Last edited by drumpel; 02-20-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I may have some...i'll look through my characters.....

And I do. I've got a Guilds Voucher Pack on a wizard that has been holding them for probably 2+ years. Looks like it's a 100 pack. I've got no use for it. I dabble in the guilds, but not enough to warrant the use of these. Yours if you want it.

Code:
    You remove an Elanthian Guilds voucher pack from in your white linen greatcloak.

>l at my pack
    In neat calligraphy, it reads:
    This pack entitles the presenter to 100 free guild task trade-ins, courtesy of the Elanthian Guilds Council.

To redeem this Guilds voucher pack, please GIVE it to any profession guild training administrator.
    >analyze my pack
    You analyze your Guilds voucher pack and sense that the creator has provided the following information:

This pack contains 100 vouchers for free task trade-ins at the various profession guilds.

GIVE the pack to a Training Administrator to redeem the vouchers and have them added to your total in GLD.
    BUNDLE it with other packs or vouchers like it to combine uses.
    TEAR it to remove a single voucher.

It cannot be altered.
    Awesome! I’ll take them. I’m gonna need lots of these bad boys.

You can skip as many tasks as you want. You just are penalized the points that task would have earned you. (Unless this has changed, in which case I'd like to know for my website.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    You can skip as many tasks as you want. You just are penalized the points that task would have earned you. (Unless this has changed, in which case I'd like to know for my website.)
    Oh yeah, I vaguely remember this now. The penalizing points is probably why I never bothered with it because I seem to recall you might get the exact same task again so it's like why bother? Unless you just really really REALLY hate that task.

Yep, that is the risk! Still, some tasks can be worth skipping, especially if you have a skill with partner tasks, and have a partner. Stuff like dirt may not be worth it for those measly 5 points.

Also, on double points periods, if you trade you lose only the 1x amount!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Also, on double points periods, if you trade you lose only the 1x amount!!
    That's a gosh darn good point.

Thank you everyone who has donated guild voucher packs so far, they have been very useful and I can always use more if there are more floating around out there.

The script is coming along nicely so far. I wasn't sure if I was going to integrate ;rogue with ;tpick to finish up some of these tasks but I did and it's working pretty gosh darn awesome so far.

There is an option to automatically do certain tasks with ;tpick at the locksmith's pool. For example if you get the task to open some tough locks the ;rogue script will automatically run to the nearest locksmith's pool then start up ;tpick and get to work picking boxes until the task is done, then it will continue on. This task requires you to use a certain minimum quality lockpick in order to get reps which is dependent on your skill (for example if your skill is high enough then you will only get reps if you use at least a mithril quality lockpick or higher) and you can set the lockpick quality you want to use in ;tpick (or leave blank and the script will set it to copper) and if ;rogues notices that the quality you entered is too low then it will automatically change the ;tpick setting one quality higher until you reach the minimum quality needed. Of course once you can use calipers you can just use calipers like usual and that should eventually get your task done too, but this is a nice option until you learn how to use calipers.

You can select exactly which tasks you want to use a guild task voucher on to skip, you can also set which tasks you want to automatically use ;tpick with to complete. Some tasks won't be skippable, like tasks which have you speak with a master footpad, and the script won't do some tasks at all, like the task to pick boxes in certain room conditions, although so far that's the only task the script doesn't do.

It's going to be amazing. But it's still a work in progress since I just started in the guild 2 days ago.

Watch your guild vouchers at work while I write more code for ;rogue live!

I am currently streaming! Come watch me code, play GS, and talk about the meaning of life!

https://www.twitch.tv/lorddreaven
    Last edited by Tgo01; 02-24-2022 at 01:14 PM.

Blog Entries

6 levels until I can play with this!
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric