Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: higher silver prices

Default higher silver prices

When is low too low? Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    When is low too low? Discuss
    Maybe they’ll raise prices throughout the game to adjust? A big silvers-only auction would drain some as well. Or run dragonbones for a bit.

Prices are only ever going to trend down. An insane amount of silver gets put into the game on an ongoing basis, even post-loot cap. DR adds a fucking nutso amount just from people pawning 35k items thousands of times a day for two weeks. Having enhancive charging for silvers once a year, maybe one or two WPS for silver a year doesn't put a dent in it. People are able to farm so efficiently now thanks to how advanced scripting has gotten and how (generally, obviously people have been getting popped recently) lax/absent AFK scripting enforcement has gotten. Silvers will have a small spike before events but lol if you think you're ever going to sell for $5+ again.

I am sure you are right. It doesn't help when you have some people do 25k-30k resale at these events. or more. Also wyrom made it way to easy. It was going to trend down of course, however duskruing/rumorwoods/rol made it go a lot faster

The GMs better do something fast about the silver economy because I can assure you there are a lot of people who only play because there is a functioning in game economy.

I don't just mean people who sell silvers, I also mean some people don't want to spend more money on this game in addition to their monthly fees so they deal exclusively in silvers. Once the silver economy completely crashes everyone is going to move to only accepting real money for items/services or they'll only accept alternative currencies which have a value such as bloodscrip.

But as per usual the GMs won't realize there is a problem until it's much too late. They have gotten lazy looking at the number of CHARACTERS rising over the past few years and thinking those are all new PLAYERS, when in reality you manage to drive just one person away these days and that most likely means you're driving away 3, 5, 7, or even more accounts.

The crazy thing is it wouldn't even be that difficult to drain massive amounts of silvers from the game. Just do a freaking silver only auction with some items you would normally only find at DR auctions. I bet it would drain many, many billions of silvers. But again they won't see the problem until it's too late so why look to the future when they can make some cash now?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 02-03-2022 at 07:52 AM.

There's less demand for silvers because any money making event today relies on some other currency, and there's more supply, because of the hyper level of farming efficiency we have today. More supply, less demand equals lower price.

The final nail in the coffin will be when they begin to sell silvers in the simucoin store. At that point, the once thriving economy will be cooked.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    because of the hyper level of farming efficiency we have today.
    I don't know if that's really the case anymore considering there is literally a hard cap on how much silvers people can farm now.

Doesn't matter if someone manages to find the most efficient way possible to earn silvers and they are somehow pulling in 30 million silvers a day, that will only last for a whole day now.

I think the main issue is the GMs haven't created any meaningful silver sinks in forever. They apparently thought the whole mail system was going to be a huge silver drain with stamps costing a whole 20k for a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I think the main issue is the GMs haven't created any meaningful silver sinks in forever. They apparently thought the whole mail system was going to be a huge silver drain with stamps costing a whole 20k for a book.
    Even if they hadn't tanked the attractiveness of the mail system with that COD tax, 20k is pocket change for anyone with a character over level 30... if they thought that would be a silver sink it's pretty clear no one making the decisions actually plays the game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Even if they hadn't tanked the attractiveness of the mail system with that COD tax, 20k is pocket change for anyone with a character over level 30... if they thought that would be a silver sink it's pretty clear no one making the decisions actually plays the game anymore.
    The GMs only think about now. "How would this benefit the game now?"

They can't seem to think long term if their life depended on it.

Also it doesn’t help that they’ve been stingy with the WPS wagon this past year. It should be open for silver at least once per window, full stop.

From my past observations, silver prices are a proxy for player activity and population levels generally. Not necessarily encouraging for long term prices. Hence why the smart money is getting out of DBs and very higher end assets now.
    Discord: Jivan#1805