Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brian Flores sues the NFL for racism

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I think the Belichick text is enough. And again, for the third or fourth time... They should have shut.... the.... fuck.... up.... unti lthe interviews were all done. This wouldn't even be an issue if they didn't for whatever reason tell people outside their own organizations.
    Perhaps.

But he is also saying this happened to him previously... 2019 Denver Broncos.

And Belichick didn't send him any texts prior to his interview there.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    For a man and coach, love him for standing up for winning. For an employee that winning gave us Tua Tagovailoa instead of maybe Joe Burrow, he was difficult to work with and may have cost us a franchise QB.

Maybe the NFL should change the way they select the draft order if they don't want coaches/owners doing everything they can do to get better draft spots.
    I agree you want someone that is never happy with a losing performance, that being said you also have to play the long game as well as the short.

As far as Tua, I will say this, I am an LSU guy, so when he was at Alabama I would have liked to break both his legs and that is because he is a gifted quarterback. The only thing I can say bad about him is he seems a little fragile. That being said it is not all his fault since teams will go out and get a franchise quarterback and not spend the money/draft picks to get a line to protect him, add in that the Fins did not have a running game to speak of and there is an awful lot of reasons that Tua has struggled. I happen to think he can be a franchise QB but no one can do it alone, not even that guy that just retired to his supermodel wife.
    Last edited by kutter; 02-02-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    I agree you want someone that is never happy with a losing performance, that being said you also have to play the long game as well as the short.

As far as Tua, I will say this, I am an LSU guy, so when he was at Alabama I would have liked to break both his legs and that is because he is a gifted quarterback. The only thing I can say bad about him is he seems a little fragile. That being said it is not all his fault since teams will go out and get a franchise quarterback and not spend the money/draft picks to get a line to protect him, add in that the Fins did not have a running game to speak of and there is an awful lot of reasons that Tua has struggled. I happen to think he can be a franchise QB but no one can do it alone, not even that guy that just retired to his supermodel wife.
    He did it in New England.

Then again in Tampa.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

4. Default

I think if you want to see racism in something, you will. That and microaggressions.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

This is why "mandates" are bullshit.

The NFL is performance based. Unless specific actions, words, or evidence is provided that someone was not hired based upon their skin color... there should be no "requirements" IMO.

I understand why they did it at first, but the only way past "racism" is to stop forcing "race" into a performance based position.

It's not teams fault if they have a list of candidates, interview half, decide they like someone and want to hire them... but because they are "mandated" by the league to complete the interviews... that somehow they are suddenly racist.

People complain there are no Black owners. What about Asian owners? What about Indian coaches? What about "insert whatever adjective you want" coach/owner/GM.

Sometimes there is racism, and racist people. Most the time, in a performance/results based industry that only worries about money.... no one gives two shits what color someone is if they win.

So the NFL wasn't racist against Flores for the past 17 years as he worked in football... but because he got fired after a sub .500 record and didn't happen to get a job immediately, it suddenly is?

Should the Black GM's for teams be called "Uncle Toms" for hiring white coaches? Are they racists too?

Make everything about race, race becomes the only thing that matters... /shrug.

Shame to see.

Edit: Also funny to me how no one points this out... Miami's GM... is Black... so he must be racist too... since Flores got fired. Cracks me up that every article/pundit/comment on his firing leaves that tidbit out.
    Last edited by Shaps; 02-02-2022 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    This is why "mandates" are bullshit.

The NFL is performance based. Unless specific actions, words, or evidence is provided that someone was not hired based upon their skin color... there should be no "requirements" IMO.

I understand why they did it at first, but the only way past "racism" is to stop forcing "race" into a performance based position.

It's not teams fault if they have a list of candidates, interview half, decide they like someone and want to hire them... but because they are "mandated" by the league to complete the interviews... that somehow they are suddenly racist.

People complain there are no Black owners. What about Asian owners? What about Indian coaches? What about "insert whatever adjective you want" coach/owner/GM.

Sometimes there is racism, and racist people. Most the time, in a performance/results based industry that only worries about money.... no one gives two shits what color someone is if they win.

So the NFL wasn't racist against Flores for the past 17 years as he worked in football... but because he got fired after a sub .500 record and didn't happen to get a job immediately, it suddenly is?

Should the Black GM's for teams be called "Uncle Toms" for hiring white coaches? Are they racists too?

Make everything about race, race becomes the only thing that matters... /shrug.

Shame to see.

Edit: Also funny to me how no one points this out... Miami's GM... is Black... so he must be racist too... since Flores got fired. Cracks me up that every article/pundit/comment on his firing leaves that tidbit out.
    Flores was 24-25 over 3 seasons and had a winning record in the last 2. By all accounts, he is a decent football coach.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Blog Entries

So, he told the Saints what he was about to do before he did it. I think he is eyeing that job.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Flores was 24-25 over 3 seasons and had a winning record in the last 2. By all accounts, he is a decent football coach.
    No doubt. I think he is a great coach, and Miami were dipshits to fire him. Doesn't mean I think they are racists.

Two totally different things.

It's also not to say, that he wouldn't have gotten a job in a week or two with another team. Now, not so likely.

Just weird... when he was working and had a job - nothing racist about it... he gets fired, for nothing to do about his skin color, and isn't immediately given a job... it's suddenly about race.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    So, he told the Saints what he was about to do before he did it. I think he is eyeing that job.
    Saints would have been smart to hire him... now though, not so sure. That type of media coverage just sucks if you're management.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Saints would have been smart to hire him... now though, not so sure. That type of media coverage just sucks if you're management.
    The Saints have shown they don't give a fuck about media coverage.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam