Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brian Flores sues the NFL for racism

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    All the Giants have to show is when the interviews for each candidate was scheduled and that will pretty much debunk that suit.
    Except for the text from Belichick coming out that they hired prior to the interview. I mean, I know it happens, but they aren't supposed to circulate that shit, especially outside the organization. It definitely shows they were NOT following the Rooney rule, which is the entire crux of the matter.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Except for the text from Belichick coming out that they hired prior to the interview. I mean, I know it happens, but they aren't supposed to circulate that shit, especially outside the organization. It definitely shows they were NOT following the Rooney rule, which is the entire crux of the matter.
    The Rooney Rules states that they have to interview minority candidates.

They followed this rule, even if they had no intention after interviewing Daboll of hiring anyone else... regardless of the amount of melon in their skin.

And Bilicheck could have been speculating like I was... both the GM and Coach had a strong Bills connection. As soon as they said they hired Schoen, I sent a text to my brother in law, telling him that Daboll was going to be their new HC.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

The Rooney rule sounds racist and ineffective at the same time.

Sure sounds like this guy was interviewed only so they could satisfy the Rooney rule because from what I can understand the Rooney rule doesn't require the team to give more consideration for "diverse" candidates, it literally just requires the team to interview at least one "diverse" candidate.

Blog Entries

The Rooney Rules states that they have to interview minority candidates.

They followed this rule, even if they had no intention after interviewing Daboll of hiring anyone else... regardless of the amount of melon in their skin.

And Bilicheck could have been speculating like I was... both the GM and Coach had a strong Bills connection. As soon as they said they hired Schoen, I sent a text to my brother in law, telling him that Daboll was going to be their new HC.
    It also says they have to be CONSIDERED. If they already had their pick before he was ever even interviewed, he was never actually considered. Again, they NEVER should have let it leak outside their own organization. Belichick shouldn't have known.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

Sure sounds like this guy was interviewed only so they could satisfy the Rooney rule
    That is exactly why he is suing. The text from Belichick is proof they were only doing it to satisfy that requirement.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-02-2022 at 12:53 PM.

It also says they have to be CONSIDERED. If they already had their pick before he was ever even interviewed, he was never actually considered. Again, they NEVER should have let it leak outside their own organization. Belichick shouldn't have known.
    When the new GM sat down and said "Let's get a list of possible candidates", Flores was on that list. From all intents and purposes, he sounds like a decent person and a good coach. But when they interviewed Daboll, they knew then and there that they had their next coach. Sometimes during the interview, people just know that they found the person they want in that position.. but they still go through the interviewing process with the other candidates. I know I always did. It doesn't mean it's racist.

That is exactly why he is suing. The text from Belichick is proof they were only doing it to satisfy that requirement.
    They might be calling me in to testify as well, since I sent that text to my brother in law regarding the new Giants HC.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

When the new GM sat down and said "Let's get a list of possible candidates", Flores was on that list. From all intents and purposes, he sounds like a decent person and a good coach. But when they interviewed Daboll, they knew then and there that they had their next coach. Sometimes during the interview, people just know that they found the person they want in that position.. but they still go through the interviewing process with the other candidates. I know I always did. It doesn't mean it's racist.

They might be calling me in to testify as well, since I sent that text to my brother in law regarding the new Giants HC.
    I think the Belichick text is enough. And again, for the third or fourth time... They should have shut.... the.... fuck.... up.... unti lthe interviews were all done. This wouldn't even be an issue if they didn't for whatever reason tell people outside their own organizations.

I find all of this so absurd. The NFL only cares about one thing, making money. If they thought a purple people eater from Mars would get them the wins they needed they would hire it. They have given play time to some of the most reprehensible people, people I would not trust anyone I care about around, but they did it because they scored points and made them money.

The NFL for sure will settle and the teams likely too for an undisclosed amount and I hope it is enough for him to live on the rest of his life since it is pretty unlikely anyone will be offering him a coaching job again. Well, maybe some FCS college school in west Texas might I guess.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    I find all of this so absurd. The NFL only cares about one thing, making money. If they thought a purple people eater from Mars would get them the wins they needed they would hire it. They have given play time to some of the most reprehensible people, people I would not trust anyone I care about around, but they did it because they scored points and made them money.

The NFL for sure will settle and the teams likely too for an undisclosed amount and I hope it is enough for him to live on the rest of his life since it is pretty unlikely anyone will be offering him a coaching job again. Well, maybe some FCS college school in west Texas might I guess.
    Apparently they also tried to get him to lose games to get a better draft position. He refused. He was fired for being difficult to work with.

Apparently they also tried to get him to lose games to get a better draft position. He refused. He was fired for being difficult to work with.
    And since when is that illegal? I mean the Colts had HUGE signs saying, SUCK FOR LUCK! If the season is a washout anyway, it makes sense to salvage whatever you can from it, even if that is a a better draft position. And the last time I checked the owner was the boss and the coach worked for them, so if your boss tells you to do something and you don't they have the right to shitcan your ass.
    Last edited by kutter; 02-02-2022 at 02:35 PM.

For a man and coach, love him for standing up for winning. For an employee that winning gave us Tua Tagovailoa instead of maybe Joe Burrow, he was difficult to work with and may have cost us a franchise QB.

Maybe the NFL should change the way they select the draft order if they don't want coaches/owners doing everything they can do to get better draft spots.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME