Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Blog Entries

Default The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Coming on 2 September. They actually already finished season 1 and are in production for season 2, so we're going to get at least 2 seasons out of it.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

That sounds fun. I love the amount of science fiction and fantasy that is being filmed by Amazon and Netflix. It's great.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

3. Default

I love that even without visuals, you can hear the music and immediately know this is in the LOTR realm.
    https://stopthemadness.gop/
    https://snowflakevictory.com/

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    That sounds fun. I love the amount of science fiction and fantasy that is being filmed by Amazon and Netflix. It's great.
    Agreed. I haven't caught the Wheel of Time stuff yet but the preview looked good, as does this teaser for probably a LOTR prequel?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Agreed. I haven't caught the Wheel of Time stuff yet but the preview looked good, as does this teaser for probably a LOTR prequel?
    WoT is pretty good. It starts slow.

I'm thinking, based on the name, this LotR series will be about the rings given out... So we'll see the ringwraiths as men when they got yhrm and all that.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Don't waste your time.

I saw the little teaser trailer in a Super Bowl commercial.

Really hope that my gut is wrong, but anyone else get the feeling that Amazon is about to slap the toxic masculinity out of LOTR? Please don’t take a steamy woke shit all over Tolkien’s work. Swear to eff’n Eru Ilúvatar…if they Ghostbusters 2016 / Bill & Ted Face the Music / Terminator: Dark Fate this show up I will cancel my Prime account.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 02-14-2022 at 11:00 PM.

The wheel of time sucked. Hope they give LotR a better treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Haven't watched it, but I've heard WoT sucked. Riftwar and the Empire trilogy by Raymond E. Feist is getting the treatment, can't wait for that to be eviscerated too.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Yeah I got about halfway through the first episode and I only got that far because I read the books. Show had a surprisingly sci fi channel in the early 2000s feel, I was surprised. I I guess I expected more from the Amazon production company.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription! Or free works too.