Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official forums shutting down.

Blog Entries

Is Whatley no longer the CEO or what? I don't think Stillfront gives that much of a shit about forums to micromanage that.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    I can't buy into your conspiracy theories.

If it wasn't Stillfront, who else could make the decision to shut down forums for all the games?
    Or perhaps, as some have been talking about over the past 5 or so years, maybe it's really coming to fruition that these text based games are really on their last legs. And sooner, rather than later, the rug is just going to be yanked out from underneath the players and GMs because we'll attempt to log in and the game will no longer exist.

After the plug has been pulled, only then will we see a letter from Simutronics stating the games have been shut down, thank you for your time with us, we hope you the best and blah, blah, blah.

Blog Entries

There's probably some super legacy vulnerabilities that are risky due to the interconnectivity with accounts that's not worth the investment to fix for the super old platform. Rather than leaving the exposure outstanding while finding the expertise to fix ancient tech, shut it down for now, see if the functionality can be lived without, and reintroduce something on modern hardware that's more readily and easily maintainable from the backend if necessary.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    If it wasn't Stillfront, who else could make the decision to shut down forums for all the games?
    All two games?

The announcements just don't make sense. They want to ensure they "deliver appropriate communication" so they have decided to shut down the forums, then the other announcement makes sure to point out that the GMs had nothing to do with this and this order comes from higher up, and I'm pretty sure Wyrom is the highest person at Simutronics so unless by "higher up" he meant himself he must mean someone at Stillfront made the decision to shut down the official forums so they can ""deliver appropriate communication."

Just seems like a strange coincidence that this announcement came a few months after people were complaining about the GMs not properly communicating changes to the game on the official forums and now "higher ups" have taken a keen interest in the forums and have decided to shut them down to "deliver appropriate communication."

All I said was I find it very hard to believe, because I do. This ranks right up there with fire extinguisher inspections.

I would have preferred if Wyrom just said "The official forums are an outdated mess and we're too cheap to invest in proper forums so we're moving all official activity to Discord. Suck it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Is Whatley no longer the CEO or what? I don't think Stillfront gives that much of a shit about forums to micromanage that.
    He could be. I thought he sold the company to Stillfront and no longer had any official capacity at Simutronics. I could be totally wrong about this though and there are indeed people higher up than Wyrom at Simutronics.

6. Default

Maybe wyrom was in a new year kickoff meeting with stillfront, and he proposed the forum changes, and they were like "sounds good, is this meeting over yet?"

And then he was like, 'the decision came down from above.'
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

The higher ups probably visited the forum and realized they sucked so bad that they said shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    All two games?

The announcements just don't make sense. They want to ensure they "deliver appropriate communication" so they have decided to shut down the forums, then the other announcement makes sure to point out that the GMs had nothing to do with this and this order comes from higher up, and I'm pretty sure Wyrom is the highest person at Simutronics so unless by "higher up" he meant himself he must mean someone at Stillfront made the decision to shut down the official forums so they can ""deliver appropriate communication."

Just seems like a strange coincidence that this announcement came a few months after people were complaining about the GMs not properly communicating changes to the game on the official forums and now "higher ups" have taken a keen interest in the forums and have decided to shut them down to "deliver appropriate communication."

All I said was I find it very hard to believe, because I do. This ranks right up there with fire extinguisher inspections.

I would have preferred if Wyrom just said "The official forums are an outdated mess and we're too cheap to invest in proper forums so we're moving all official activity to Discord. Suck it!"
    Wyrom is the PM for Gemstone. Lyneya is the PM for DR. They both work for an on-site team at Stillfront.
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

Love discord, doesn't make sense to keep those archaic forums open.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

10. Default

Lol at using 'archaic' to denegrate a forum in the context of being a part of a game that owe's its success to being archaic.
    Last edited by gilchristr; 01-06-2022 at 10:40 PM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!