Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Official forums shutting down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsk Tsk View Post
    Their thinking was, "well, then we'll be left with more quality players that care about creativity and role play."
    Do the GMs even care about roleplaying in this game anymore? They created the invoker in an effort to cancel a player driven event so people could interact even less with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    The nonstop harassment through the rep system is enough to make you never want to log into the PC though. Bunch of psychos.
    How are you being "harassed" on a page that you are in no way required to look at, and has about as much use/relevance/effect on the forums as fame does in GS, which is basically zero?

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

It's not that people can't post other things but the uncivility absolutely bled into everything. Regardless, I completely agree once they killed the player economy that ruined things too. I recall when it was getting discussed and instantly thought, "oh shit, if you kill the player economy that's going to just completely obliterate why many people play." Their thinking was, "well, then we'll be left with more quality players that care about creativity and role play." But in truth, you need every player you can get in a dying game.
    Threads degenerating into completely off topic train wrecks has been a thing on the PC for its entire existence though and is in no way exclusive to the politics folder. It just stands out more now because there's not exactly a whole lot of GS related activity happening here anymore, which for the most part is Simu's fault for sucking.

Their thinking was, "well, then we'll be left with more quality players that care about creativity and role play." But in truth, you need every player you can get in a dying game.
    Simu will never not be stupid or be overflowing with terrible game killing ideas. As if they give a shit about RP in a game where dev masturbates all day to thoughts of how much they can make on overpowered P2W items while simultaneously nerfing professions in the name of "game balance."

The worst part about that is there's still a segment of the player base that legitimately believes the shit Simu tells them despite them being notorious for being huge liars for decades.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-17-2022 at 10:40 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Threads degenerating into completely off topic train wrecks has been a thing on the PC for its entire existence though and is in no way exclusive to the politics folder. It just stands out more now because there's not exactly a whole lot of GS related activity happening here anymore, which for the most part is Simu's fault for sucking.
    I will agree with that, it used to be popcorn worthy when the drama happened but all that's left is drama and it's too much. I can find the culture war anywhere, there's nothing unique about this message board anymore.
    ~Player of Inurtia

I will agree with that, it used to be popcorn worthy when the drama happened but all that's left is drama and it's too much. I can find the culture war anywhere, there's nothing unique about this message board anymore.
    I don't disagree. But to be fair, we are talking about a forum for a 30 year old text game that should have been buried years ago.

Overall though, I think most threads here being political speaks more about the state of GS than the state of the forums, even if you factor in that political bullshit is everywhere these days.

Agreed. I know I keep up in the politics folder, but that's mainly because 1. It's fun to mess with batshit crazy people and 2. There is hardly any new information/data/conversation held on these forums.

Everyone moved over to Discord? it seems... Events are all currency/hour using scripts... Majority of data for all systems has been posted to Wiki, and scripts created for them... and the marketplace is completely demolished from the multitude of decisions they've made to support the Pay-2-Win model.

RP? Every now and then you'll find some to be had, but 90%+ of people logged in are just focused on XP/silver per hour and could care less about anything else.

So - I'd love the forums to have wonderful conversations like in the past... but seems like that time has past.

Just do what I do.....never open the politics folder.

Making a post on the official forums:

Problem

I have this problem and it causes this issue.

One of the first responses is:

Krakii
    Back in 1992 this sort of thing wasn't a problem because of how the system did it. How the system works now isn't ideal, but the problem is with how you're using it and not the game itself. I don't feel this is an issue and it worked well years ago and it's okay now.

Then another response pops up:

Doug
    You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

As you were undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly is systemic, creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.

Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the Anomaly revealed as both beginning... and end.

Now you're left thinking this about those two posts: What the fuck do they even mean?

Frustrated so you post your issue on PC, hoping someone might have an answer better than Doug or Krakii.

Your responses here tend to be a mix of helpful and downright awful, almost Krakii & Doug level - incoherent, convoluted or even contradictory of what you're asking. Then you get folks that seem think branching off your topic to stupid political crap or rants about how X person is bad and then X person shows up and the topic goes even more off the rails.....

At least on the officials, even if you have a few fucking retards that derail things, you can sometimes, genuinely, get an honest response from a GM - even if you have to pull it out of them.

I'm hoping something at least as useful as the officials are is used to replace the current official forums. Solely relying on PC or Discord to find useful information won't be viable for some people that still enjoy finding information in one, albeit not easy to navigate or search through, location. Here's hoping that Simu gets something better going.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Just do what I do.....never open the politics folder.
    +100

(I have the whole "Socializing" part of the forums minimized, and I don't use the "New Threads/Posts" function, which gives me a very nice, mostly-elegant, experience.)
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Making a post on the official forums:

Problem

I have this problem and it causes this issue.

One of the first responses is:

Krakii
    Back in 1992 this sort of thing wasn't a problem because of how the system did it. How the system works now isn't ideal, but the problem is with how you're using it and not the game itself. I don't feel this is an issue and it worked well years ago and it's okay now.

Then another response pops up:

Doug
    You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

As you were undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly is systemic, creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.

Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the Anomaly revealed as both beginning... and end.

Now you're left thinking this about those two posts: What the fuck do they even mean?

Frustrated so you post your issue on PC, hoping someone might have an answer better than Doug or Krakii.

Your responses here tend to be a mix of helpful and downright awful, almost Krakii & Doug level - incoherent, convoluted or even contradictory of what you're asking. Then you get folks that seem think branching off your topic to stupid political crap or rants about how X person is bad and then X person shows up and the topic goes even more off the rails.....

At least on the officials, even if you have a few fucking retards that derail things, you can sometimes, genuinely, get an honest response from a GM - even if you have to pull it out of them.

I'm hoping something at least as useful as the officials are is used to replace the current official forums. Solely relying on PC or Discord to find useful information won't be viable for some people that still enjoy finding information in one, albeit not easy to navigate or search through, location. Here's hoping that Simu gets something better going.
    Remember the boring book from King's Quest VI? That's what reading a Doug post is like.

Last edited by Methais; 01-17-2022 at 01:11 PM.