Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Extreme lag when using Lich

  1. #11

    Default

    Unrelated but not thread worthy:

    I have this weird issue with just Methais to where if I don't log in and then manually quit and then log back in (disconnecting myself via logging in a 2nd time doesn't seem to fix it most of the time), almost every time at some point, my game window will stop updating but everything in the game is still happening and still scrolls fine on my alts' windows. It only seems to happen once per day. Maybe twice, but that's rare.

    Been a thing for years now and I've never had the first clue wtf could cause that.

    I don't really give a shit about fixing it, just curious if anyone has any idea what would cause that.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-27-2021 at 05:03 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Unrelated but not thread worthy:

    I have this weird issue with just Methais to where if I don't log in and then manually quit and then log back in (disconnecting myself via logging in a 2nd time doesn't seem to fix it most of the time), almost every time at some point, my game window will stop updating but everything in the game is still happening and still scrolls fine on my alts' windows. It only seems to happen once per day. Maybe twice, but that's rare.

    Been a thing for years now and I've never had the first clue wtf could cause that.

    I don't really give a shit about fixing it, just curious if anyone has any idea what would cause that.
    Have you upgraded to lich 5?
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

  3. #13

    Default

    Are you using bigshot?
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    Have you upgraded to lich 5?
    No but I need to. This predates Lich 5 though, but thanks for the reminder, hopefully that'll fix it. If not then I just have an insane amount of clutter, which wouldn't be surprising. I forgot Lich 5 was a thing.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-27-2021 at 05:45 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Unrelated but not thread worthy:

    I have this weird issue with just Methais to where if I don't log in and then manually quit and then log back in (disconnecting myself via logging in a 2nd time doesn't seem to fix it most of the time), almost every time at some point, my game window will stop updating but everything in the game is still happening and still scrolls fine on my alts' windows. It only seems to happen once per day. Maybe twice, but that's rare.

    Been a thing for years now and I've never had the first clue wtf could cause that.

    I don't really give a shit about fixing it, just curious if anyone has any idea what would cause that.
    This is similar to my experience. I'll have the occasional experience where the client lags, no screen scroll, for 15-30 seconds, and then the client catches up and I see everything that happened.

    So now that I think about it, it definitely sounds like some I/O blocking behavior.
    "Fleurs suddenly looks very uncomfortable and as if she were scrunching every muscle in her body all at once. A high-pitched squeal of gas being released erupts from behind her as a result, though thankfully it is short and scentless."

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Potato
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akaylas View Post
    This is similar to my experience. I'll have the occasional experience where the client lags, no screen scroll, for 15-30 seconds, and then the client catches up and I see everything that happened.

    So now that I think about it, it definitely sounds like some I/O blocking behavior.
    I think something is broken on Simu's side, because I had this problem with my login script the other day and it doesn't use Lich at all and it hung for 40 minutes until the CI service timed the job out.
    Discord: Ondreian#3875

    I have turned PMs off on these forums, if you want to chat, use Discord to contact me.

    High-End For Sale

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akaylas View Post
    This is similar to my experience. I'll have the occasional experience where the client lags, no screen scroll, for 15-30 seconds, and then the client catches up and I see everything that happened.

    So now that I think about it, it definitely sounds like some I/O blocking behavior.
    This happens to me frequently.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akaylas View Post
    This is similar to my experience. I'll have the occasional experience where the client lags, no screen scroll, for 15-30 seconds, and then the client catches up and I see everything that happened.

    So now that I think about it, it definitely sounds like some I/O blocking behavior.
    Mine stays hung up indefinitely until I log out and back in, then it's fine 99% of the time.

    Strangely enough, the only time this seems to ever happen on my alts is when I'm running DR. They ghost through it all though so they still get credit at the end of the run. Just weird how it seems to happen on my alts when I'm in DR.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Alderaan
    Posts
    15,767

    Default

    i always put it down to script hunters totally wiping clean the whole third floor of Nelemar. It's so bad up there when it's packed that I get literal screen tear while watching the lag

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drayal View Post
    i always put it down to script hunters totally wiping clean the whole third floor of Nelemar. It's so bad up there when it's packed that I get literal screen tear while watching the lag
    I don't ever get any lag up there, but I'm pretty sure it's the only area in the game that still reminds me of hunting in GS3 where finding something to kill can be a pain in the ass because there are retards in almost every room.

    Fortunately most people are too scared to hunt the 2nd floor, so I can clean up there pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-31-2021 at 01:34 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •