Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: On Courage

Default On Courage

In this season of the good king Wenceslas, the frost is once again cruel, and the weather remains bitter, and the night is darker.

The king did not tell his page it wasn't cold outside.
    Neither did he tell his page to imagine the warmth of the past.
    Nor did he offer his page coat, or hat, or gloves.
    In the bleak midwinter, the great monarch said merely:

"Mark my footsteps, my good page,
    tread thou in them boldly.
    Thou shall find the winter's rage
    freeze thy blood less coldly."

2,000 vaccinated died from COVID in the first eight months of this year.
    20,000 vaccinated died from COVID in the last three.

179 children died of COVID by December 31st, 2020.
    527 have died so far this year.
    And last week was by far the deadliest of the pandemic for children.

It took two months from introduction for the delta variant to reach 75% of new cases.
    It took two weeks for the omicron variant to do so.

Courage is not insisting it's summer - it's winter.
    Courage is not declaring the winter isn't cold - the winter is cold.
    Courage is not complaining about the garments we do have - we have what we have.

We must face reality.
    We must see the dreadful extent of our task.
    We must acknowledge how desperately we long for life to be the way it was.
    And we must square our shoulders,
    and do the right thing anyway.

In closing, some lyrics from a somewhat less well known tune that may offer additional support in this time of trials...

"And you, to whom adversity has dealt the final blow,
    with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go,
    turn to, and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain,
    and like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again.

Rise again, rise again!
    Though your heart it be broken, and life about to end.
    No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend,
    like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again!"

Good luck out there, everyone.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

no one cares
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I think both Latrin and Gelston are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    I think both Latrin and Gelston are correct.
    You cared enough a year ago where you were demanding the entire country shutdown. What could possibly be different to change your mind so much even though many more people are getting sick and dying now compared to a year ago? Oh whatever could it be?

5. Default

Dude, just two weeks to flatten the curve.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    You cared enough a year ago where you were demanding the entire country shutdown. What could possibly be different to change your mind so much even though many more people are getting sick and dying now compared to a year ago? Oh whatever could it be?
    With all due respect, you are very dull. Like at least one standard deviation below the IQ mean.
    Last edited by Keller; 12-21-2021 at 10:38 PM.

With all due respect, you are very dull. Like at least one standard deviation below the IQ mean.
    I'm just curious as to why a year ago you cared about people dying but you don't now? What changed exactly? Be specific please.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 12-21-2021 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I'm just curious as to why a year ago you cared about people dying but you don't now? What changed exactly? Be specific please.
    I was making a tongue in cheek joke about both Latrin being correct that we should care and Gelston being right that no one does.

At this point we should care about the immunocompromised, those under 5, and those under 18 with anti-vax chud parents. The rest of us are vaccinated and in more and more cases boosted.

We are living through a culling of the herd brought to you by the mainstream conservative media. Social Darwinism in real time.

I was making a tongue in cheek joke about both Latrin being correct that we should care and Gelston being right that no one does.
    You're part of that "no one" so why don't you care is why I'm wondering.

At this point we should care about the immunocompromised, those under 5, and those under 18 with anti-vax chud parents. The rest of us are vaccinated and in more and more cases boosted.

We are living through a culling of the herd brought to you by the mainstream conservative media. Social Darwinism in real time.
    Except some experts say up to 20% of the people being hospitalized are vaccinated so.......you're wrong.

Also it was your president and his vice president who told people not to trust the vaccine and the CDC so.....again you're wrong. You're always wrong.

Biden in 2020: "If and when the vaccine comes, it’s not likely to go through all the tests that need to be done, and the trials that are needed to be done."

Biden in 2020: "When we finally do, God willing, get a vaccine, who’s going to take the shot? Who’s going to take the shot? You going to be the first one to say, ‘Put me, sign me up, they now say it’s OK’? "

Biden in 2020: "And the question of whether it’s real, when it’s there, that requires enormous transparency. You’ve got to make all of it available to other experts across the nation, so they can look and see, so there’s consensus this is a safe vaccine. Because already you have, what percent is American people saying if the vaccine were there tomorrow, they wouldn’t take it? And it’s not the usual anti-vaccine crowd. It’s beyond that because people are losing faith in what the president says. Think about it."

Just in case you forgot, the vaccine you and everyone else put into their bodies is the exact same vaccine Biden told everyone not to trust while Trump was president.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 12-21-2021 at 11:42 PM.

You are a really strange dude.