Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kim potter trial

1. Default Kim potter trial

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...day/index.html

Anyone watching this?

At first I was thinking it was an open and shut involuntary manslaughter case. But thinking about it more, and based on what one witness said about human factor being not perfect, could she be acquitted if she did nothing else wrong or negligent other than grab her sidearm instead of taser? In other words, is there criminal negligence if a mistake falls under that .01% of human fallibility that cannot be overcome with training and precautions?

I predict mistrial/hung jury or acquittal. Current prediction analysis is at 100% for all trials so far....what do u think?

Blog Entries

It is negligence, but she also wasn't trained on it and it was a new weapon for her. On the Department too, who should be sued.

I don't know how they wear them there, but every police officer I've seen has their TASER worn weakside, with the pistol grip forward, so you actually reach across your body to grab it. Maybe they don't do that there, I don't know, but that is something that Department probably needs to look into.

Still, her actions led to the death. It is on her to be proficient with everything she uses. It is on her department too, but she is frontline on it. I think it is negligent homicide, or whatever term they use for it there.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

3. Default

I think she should walk or get community service. Maybe criminals should stop running from police, but hey it's not a perfect world.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

4. Default

yeah, i mean im watching this ross exam now. the prosecutor beating up on this mom looking/fargo cop. i am certain that the optics are not lost on the jury.this looks like probation at the most.

Isn't working as a cop essentially community service?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I think she should walk or get community service. Maybe criminals should stop running from police, but hey it's not a perfect world.
    So anyone that runs should be executed?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    So anyone that runs should be executed?
    Executed denotes a motive and not an accident.

That hasn't been shown in this case.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Unless you're Dick Cheney, if you go hunting and accidentally shoot somebody, you will be charged with a crime. Should the rule for accidental shootings be different for police?

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Unless you're Dick Cheney, if you go hunting and accidentally shoot somebody, you will be charged with a crime.
    As usual, you are as wrong as you are a coward.

'you COULD be charged with a crime' is not the same thing as 'you will be charged with a crime'. If you need examples of someone shooting someone else and not being charged, google "accidental shooting no charges" and I'm sure there will be a plethora of examples.

Should the rule for accidental shootings be different for police?
    No. The rule is the same.

You can be charged with an crime. She was charged with a crime.

It will be up to a jury of her peers to convict her with a crime.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Unless you're Dick Cheney, if you go hunting and accidentally shoot somebody, you will be charged with a crime. Should the rule for accidental shootings be different for police?
    That seems to oversimplify both scenarios