Thread: Officia: Sanctify (330) and Undead Updates on 12/15/2021

Default Officia: Sanctify (330) and Undead Updates on 12/15/2021

"The Cleric profession service Sanctify (330) and Bless Updates have been released to the Platinum server with general release to follow. This is an extensive update to combat systems involving undead. For detailed information, please see the design document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...PObdJQJc/edit#

A big thanks to Gyres for messaging, Mestys for QC, and the entire dev team for the design.

- Naijin

This message was originally posted in Combat, Magic, and Character Mechanics, Developer's Corner. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/327/2255/view/3894"
    Last edited by bluecenterlight; 12-16-2021 at 08:31 AM.
    Discord = Teror#3966

Blog Entries

One of my favorite changes.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

3. Default

It's live on prime this morning and thank god.

"Disclaimer This is just a design proposal. Any or all changes referenced in this document can and are likely to change as the mechanics are implemented and tested."

Guess that needs to be removed from the document???
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Most definitely.

I hated the notion of having to get blesses or permabless shit to hunt undead.

This change allows me to actually enlarge my target hunting areas since I have no need to worry about running out of bless mid hunt and stuff.

Assuming the change also works with all hurled/ranged weaponry as well

6. Default

You swing a claidhmore at a wood wight!
    The claidhmore strikes true, but the wood wight shrugs off some of the damage!
    AS: +543 vs DS: +138 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +65 = +501
    ... and hit for 209 points of damage!
    Quick, powerful slash to the wood wight's left knee!
    You hear a sound like a child weeping as a white glow separates itself from the wood wight's body and rises into the heavens.
    The wood wight falls to the floor motionless.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

>symbol of blessing claidh
    A wave of power flows outward from you toward your claidhmore.
    A brilliant white light wraps around the claidhmore for a moment and then quickly seeps into its surface, leaving a soft white afterglow.

You swing a claidhmore at a rotting woodsman!
    AS: +543 vs DS: +81 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +43 = +536
    ... and hit for 298 points of damage!
    Knocked sideways several feet by blow to back.
    You hear a sound like a child weeping as a white glow separates itself from the rotting woodsman's body and rises into the heavens.
    The rotting woodsman shudders slightly then ceases her so called life.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

Looks like claids are back on the menu

I might have to try out the creature quests for my reduxmage since he's just hanging around Solhaven and the only creatures in his range are in Bonespear and he just swings a 7x/T3 gornar falchion. Might be nice doing some creature tasks over herb and bandits that he takes from time to time.

It really surprised me earlier when I accidentally mstriked into a sea of spectral defenders. I thought I had the best claidh in the history of GS for about five minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Right? So nice. We're talking Mexican pizza nice.
    Last edited by Alashir; 12-21-2021 at 11:55 AM.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Drayal View Post
    It really surprised me earlier when I accidentally mstriked into a sea of spectral defenders. I thought I had the best claidh in the history of GS for about five minutes!
    Lol.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel