Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan DA politicizing school shooting tragedy by charging parents

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Because they didn't and I don't subscribe to the theory that responsible gun ownership is everyone else's problem but the owner or the user hurting innocents.
    Okay so what you're saying is literally no one else can do something to prevent school shooting tragedies other than the owner and users of firearms? So you want tragedies like this to continue so you can use the bodies of dead children to further your gun grabbing agenda?

At least you finally came out and admitted it.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 12-04-2021 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Okay so what you're saying is literally no one else can do something to prevent school shooting tragedies other than the owner and users of firearms? So you want tragedies like this to continue so you can use the bodies of dead children to further your gun grabbing agenda?

At least you finally came out and admitted it.
    Probably why we have so many gun deaths in this country. They're all just like you, wishing someone else had stopped them from shooting folks up. Real winner argument there, you should consider doing professional debate.

wishing someone else had stopped them from shooting folks up
    Okay wow, so you really are saying you want literally no one else to do anything to possibly stop a future school shooting other than the owners and users of the guns.

You are quite possibly the worst person in the history of the PC, which is saying something because we have the likes of AndroidPK, Keller, and time4fun who have graced us with their absolute batshit insane posts and political positions.

Probably why we have so many gun deaths in this country. They're all just like you, wishing someone else had stopped them from shooting folks up. Real winner argument there, you should consider doing professional debate.
    You are a proud 87 aren't you?
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

5. Default

Question- where was the SRO? I haven't found much on this.

In this case, the SRO engaged the shooter in less than a minute.

https://patch.com/maryland/across-md...ol-sro-gaskill

Well this certainly is strange. Gosh, I can't possibly imagine why this bit of evidence wasn't included in the DA's announcement of her political charges against the parents.

Suspect 'appeared calm' | Oxford High School releases their account of deadly shooting

Throne said school officials believed Crumbley did not pose any threat to others and that his demeanor "appeared calm."

When both of his parents arrived, counselors asked Crumbley questions surrounding the potential to harm himself or others. Counselors concluded he did not pose a threat.
    Well that's strange. So the "trained professionals" (the superintendent's words) concluded the shooter appeared calm and did not pose a threat to himself and others and that's why they let him go back to class and yet the parents, who I am assuming are not trained mental health professionals, were somehow supposed to know he was a danger to himself or others?

The DA better pull some amazing evidence out of her ass that the parents knew more than the school or else these charges are complete bullshit and just reek of a political agenda.

Also apparently the principal and assistant principal weren't made aware of the actions that day and this was all handled by the guidance counselor, according to the superintendent.

That article also has the timeline of events regarding when the shooting took place, the text from the mother, and the 911 call from the father:

Crumbley opened fire in a passing period, surrounded by his classmates at 12:51 p.m. that day.

Police said at 1:22 p.m., Jennifer texted Crumbley, stating: "Ethan, don't do it." At 1:37 p.m., James called 911 to report the gun missing and said he believes his son is the shooter.
    From what I have read police responded and arrested the shooter about 5 minutes after the shooting started, so the mother's message came over 20 minutes after the shooting had already stopped. That certainly doesn't sound like she knew beforehand the shooting was going to happen and sounds more like she was trying to get him to stop once she put the pieces together.

Also the father is the one who called police to say his gun was missing and that his son is most likely the shooter.

Again the DA better have some evidence other than the bullshit she pulled out of her ass during her news conference.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 12-05-2021 at 01:53 AM.

Defense lawyer is claiming the gun was in fact locked up. If this is true then it’s even more proof the DA is pushing a political agenda with these charges.

I still have yet to see this evidence that the parents knew more than the school officials. Maybe the DA is waiting for the trial to drop the big evidence.

Defense lawyer is claiming the gun was in fact locked up. If this is true then it’s even more proof the DA is pushing a political agenda with these charges.

I still have yet to see this evidence that the parents knew more than the school officials. Maybe the DA is waiting for the trial to drop the big evidence.
    If the gun was in a locked safe, but the kid has the combination.. that's not locking up the gun.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    If the gun was in a locked safe, but the kid has the combination.. that's not locking up the gun.
    True enough. I suppose we will have to wait and see what evidence comes out in the trial, assuming the parents don’t take a plea deal if they are offered one.

First they charged the shooter with terrorism, even though a charge of terrorism is when the person wants to instill fear into the community or they want to try and force the government to make changes. They didn't even have a motive for the shooting at the time (it's sounding like he was bullied and had mental health problems) and yet they still charged him with terrorism.

Now the DA is charging the parents with manslaughter and the pathetic reasoning from the DA was because the son was with the dad when the dad bought the gun, the son claimed the gun was his on social media, and because the morning of the shooting a teacher was concerned about a drawing they saw that the shooter had made, the parents were called in to discuss the issue, and the parents didn't ask him where "his" gun is (even though the gun was the father's because he purchased it for himself and even called police later on to say one of his guns was missing), and the parents didn't take their son out of school at that time, even though the school could have just as easily expelled him and forced him to leave.

So yeah. In other words another Democrat DA is abusing their position to push their political agenda. Gotta make gun owners so scared that they might be charged with murder or manslaughter that they "willingly" give up their guns.

Charging the parents has been bothering me too. A person should not be criminally liable for the actions of another person, unless the first person conspired in or encouraged the criminal act. I like your post. It sums up what has been bothering me.

The DA's actions might be a political decision. It might be for the purpose of encouraging more responsible parenting. But I think it is more likely that the DA is bowing to public pressure, which a prosecutor should not do.

If a child steals a pack of gum at the grocery store, should the parents go to jail for shoplifting?
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.