Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan DA politicizing school shooting tragedy by charging parents

Default Michigan DA politicizing school shooting tragedy by charging parents

Before pieces of shit such as Seran accuse me of defending the shooter, no, the shooter should 100% be charged for multiple counts of murder, should be tried as an adult, and should spend the rest of his life in prison. Shit go ahead and execute the fucker for all I care. This is about the DA politicizing this case.

There was a school shooting in Michigan last week and the local DA wasted no time to politicizing the tragedy.

First they charged the shooter with terrorism, even though a charge of terrorism is when the person wants to instill fear into the community or they want to try and force the government to make changes. They didn't even have a motive for the shooting at the time (it's sounding like he was bullied and had mental health problems) and yet they still charged him with terrorism.

Now the DA is charging the parents with manslaughter and the pathetic reasoning from the DA was because the son was with the dad when the dad bought the gun, the son claimed the gun was his on social media, and because the morning of the shooting a teacher was concerned about a drawing they saw that the shooter had made, the parents were called in to discuss the issue, and the parents didn't ask him where "his" gun is (even though the gun was the father's because he purchased it for himself and even called police later on to say one of his guns was missing), and the parents didn't take their son out of school at that time, even though the school could have just as easily expelled him and forced him to leave.

So yeah. In other words another Democrat DA is abusing their position to push their political agenda. Gotta make gun owners so scared that they might be charged with murder or manslaughter that they "willingly" give up their guns.

The amount of reaching from this DA is unbelievable. Hopefully the judge sees through this shit and throws these charges out of court.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 12-03-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure how the charges will stick. There are no laws in Michigan requiring weapons be stored a certain way or even that they be out of reach. I could see a judge batting it down.
    Last edited by Gelston; 12-03-2021 at 07:16 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I don't mind the idea of the father being charged with something. I believe 15 year olds should not have guns anyone under 18 or 21 for that matter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    I don't mind the idea of the father being charged with something. I believe 15 year olds should not have guns anyone under 18 or 21 for that matter.
    The father at the most, but the mother was in no way involved with the weapon.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

5. Default

I think the charges could be around how they come to school to discuss their kids drawings of him murdering other kids... and where like, go back to class.

Then later, when the shootings started and good old mom texted her son to "don't do this", and then 15ish minutes later when papa called popo and said I think it's my son.

Now, given the situation that the kid got the gun, that the parents are probably aware he had it, and they didn't bring him home or at least to a doctor... welll, I think they get sued civily and probably charged in man slaughter. I'm so drunk I'm typing with on eye, so hopefully makes sense. Short form: Shitty parents get sued for letting loose cannon into school after several red flags he was gonna smoke some kids. Now whole family may get to be in the same penitentiary.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

6. Default

If the parents are getting charged with negligent homicide over this, how is this fuckwit of a principal not on the hook?

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    I don't think the gun was really "his" his. I think it was no different than a father buying a car "for his son" even though the title, loan, and everything else is in the father's name.

Now yeah, maybe if the father really did give his son the gun and the son stored it in his room and all of that then I could see the father being charged with something, but manslaughter seems a bit much.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sighisoara View Post
    If the parents are getting charged with negligent homicide over this, how is this fuckwit of a principal not on the hook?
    If the news I read is correct, parents did some horrific parenting and might possibly be responsible. after PTA meeing with parents and the folks are like, NAAA YOU KEEP HIM, and left. then 20 min into the shooting, Mom texting him to not do it... writing on the wall.
    I'm bringing the term faggot Back

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I think the charges could be around how they come to school to discuss their kids drawings of him murdering other kids... and where like, go back to class.
    That whole bit about the drawing seems weird to me. According to the DA all of that stuff was somehow "erased" or "scratched out" by the time the parents arrived, so apparently we just have the teacher's word for it. Why not confiscate that drawing and wait for the parents? What was to stop the kid from just tearing up the drawing and throwing it away? It all sounds very

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Now, given the situation that the kid got the gun, that the parents are probably aware he had it, and they didn't bring him home or at least to a doctor
    I mean...parents get called in to school for what things their children are doing all the time, 99.99% of the time nothing even remotely close to this happens. We're all looking at this with hindsight wondering why the parents didn't immediately tie him in a straight jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighisoara View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. The teacher saw the drawing, the principal called the parents in, the principal could have easily said the son is suspended and if the parents refused to take him home then call in the cops and have the kid removed.

That's why I'm saying this sure seems like a political charge, especially the terrorism charge. There is more evidence the killer in the Wisconsin Christmas parade tragedy was engaging in terrorism and yet that was immediately shot down by police before any real details had emerged.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVerdad View Post
    If the news I read is correct, parents did some horrific parenting and might possibly be responsible. after PTA meeing with parents and the folks are like, NAAA YOU KEEP HIM, and left. then 20 min into the shooting, Mom texting him to not do it... writing on the wall.
    Yeah but I mean like, did the parents actually know he was mentally unstable or was really going to kill someone? It's kind of reaching to suggest that just because they didn't take him home that they are suddenly responsible for all of his actions. Why isn't the school responsible for his actions if that's the case?

Do we have any context as to what "don't do this" was referring to? Even if it was in response to the shooting doesn't that kind of indicate the mother was trying to get him to stop after he had started shooting? That doesn't indicate she had any forethought this would have happened.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 12-03-2021 at 08:08 PM.