Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery Trial

1. Default

Listening to the arguments, I am 100% certain that the dad and son are guilty on all counts. The whole citizens arrest and background they offered is all red herring stuff with the bottom line is that they had no information to "arrest" the victim. Generally even flight by itself is not evidence of a crime. The crime also has to be a felony. Maybe it's sentencing mitigation.

The Bryan guy, I am not clear what they have on him. I haven't been able to find the evidence that would support a false imprisonment (did he try to trap with his truck?) I am not convinced following them all around supports a guilty finding So I think 50/50 he is acquitted.

Thoughts?

Not sure how you get false imprisonment other than trying to stack on charges since you can walk around a truck. They are likely guilty. Also, Arbury was a fucking dumbass and got himself killed by attacking the guys with guns. This isn't the matrix, he isn't John Wick, that's just fucking stupid. Had he not attacked them, and he clearly did, he would likely still be alive, they would be in jail for a lot of shit and he would likely sue the fuck out of them. Not defending these guys, just saying the dumbass got himself killed needlessly.

Also, all the fuckwits saying shit about other people walked through the construction site you can go fuck yourselves, trespassing is trespassing.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

3. Default

Generally trespassing requires posting (no trespassing signs) or a verbal notice ("leave or I'm calling the cops"). I see the GA law has an additional category which is if you enter somewhere to commit a crime. I didn't think there was any indication Arbery did any of that.

The fact that other people walked around there is another red herring.

Also I just heard the prosecutor argue that Bryan veered his car at Arbery 3x. I think I'm up to 75% he is found guilty now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Not sure how you get false imprisonment other than trying to stack on charges since you can walk around a truck. They are likely guilty. Also, Arbury was a fucking dumbass and got himself killed by attacking the guys with guns. This isn't the matrix, he isn't John Wick, that's just fucking stupid. Had he not attacked them, and he clearly did, he would likely still be alive, they would be in jail for a lot of shit and he would likely sue the fuck out of them. Not defending these guys, just saying the dumbass got himself killed needlessly.

Also, all the fuckwits saying shit about other people walked through the construction site you can go fuck yourselves, trespassing is trespassing.
    Yeah no. They shouldn't have fucked with him period. He'd be alive if they hadn't gone after him with a shotgun.

And yes, trespassing requires notice of trespassing in pretty much every state... And it wasn't even their property in the first place.
    Last edited by Gelston; 11-23-2021 at 11:32 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

The false imprisonment, much like OJ's kidnap charge is because someone that isn't a law enforcement officer or acting in that capacity can't demand you stay where you are etc. It's a stretch of an argument but holding someone at gunpoint can be considered imprisonment, also blaming the victim for getting scared because some yokels with guns are after him is a little ridiculous.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    Generally trespassing requires posting (no trespassing signs) or a verbal notice ("leave or I'm calling the cops"). I see the GA law has an additional category which is if you enter somewhere to commit a crime. I didn't think there was any indication Arbery did any of that.

The fact that other people walked around there is another red herring.

Also I just heard the prosecutor argue that Bryan veered his car at Arbery 3x. I think I'm up to 75% he is found guilty now
    Wouldn't that swerving be assault not kidnapping or false imprisonment?
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Yeah no. They shouldn't have fucked with him period. He'd be alive if they hadn't gone after him with a shotgun.
    Perhaps, perhaps not. He can't control them, he could control himself and he compounded their dumbass decision with his dumbass decision and it cost him his life. He had lots of ways to get out of that without trying to go hand to hand with shitbags with guns.

And yes, trespassing requires notice of trespassing in pretty much every state... And it wasn't even their property in the first place.
    Dumbass interpretation in my opinion. Private property should have a reasonable expectation of privacy regardless of posting.
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    The false imprisonment, much like OJ's kidnap charge is because someone that isn't a law enforcement officer or acting in that capacity can't demand you stay where you are etc. It's a stretch of an argument but holding someone at gunpoint can be considered imprisonment, also blaming the victim for getting scared because some yokels with guns are after him is a little ridiculous.
    I blame him for making bad decisions that got him killed. That isn't ridiculous, what's ridiculous is to absolve him of any responsibility in his death because "Duh, racists rednecks". Just like it was ridiculous to absolve Floyd for his dumbass actions in getting high as fuck, fighting police and dying from a drug overdose.
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

Blog Entries

All three found guilty on felony murder and all but 4 other counts between two of the defendants, one getting 9/9, another 8/9, the last 6/9(nice). Max sentence possible is, apparently, life without parole.

Federal hate crimes charges coming in February.
    Last edited by Gelston; 11-24-2021 at 01:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Perhaps, perhaps not. He can't control them, he could control himself and he compounded their dumbass decision with his dumbass decision and it cost him his life. He had lots of ways to get out of that without trying to go hand to hand with shitbags with guns.

Dumbass interpretation in my opinion. Private property should have a reasonable expectation of privacy regardless of posting.
    Your opinion isn't the law though. And this was not their property.