Thread: How Did Pompeo Lose 90 Pounds? Really.

Lightbulb How Did Pompeo Lose 90 Pounds? Really.

Have you seen Mike Pompeo lately? He looks good! Pompeo says he lost 90 pounds in six months without professional help by dieting and exercising half an hour most days in his home gym. Weight loss experts don't believe him. Before you conclude that the experts are right, ask yourself what they have to lose. I mean, if it's that easy and anybody can do it at home, then.... See what's happening here?

Also, the weight loss is a clear indication that Pompeo wants to run for president in 2024.

It all started on June 14, 2021, when Pompeo stepped on the scale and saw he was just pounds away from 300 for the first time in his life.

The next morning, he said, he woke up and told his wife, Susan: “Today is the day.”

“I started exercising, not every day, but nearly every day, and eating right and the weight just started to come off,” he said.

Pompeo, 58, said he invested in a home gym in his basement with some dumbbells and an elliptical machine, where The Post photographed him this week. “I tried to get down there five, six times a week and stay at it for a half-hour or so. And that was nothing scientific. There was no trainer, there was no dietician. It was just me.”

More...
    His weight loss came with plenty of social media speculation — and Pompeo said none of the comments were particularly complimentary. “The posts were pretty nasty or just inaccurate, speculating that I had health issues with my neck, or that I had cancer,” he said.

“Nobody ever called me and really asked, ‘Hey, what happened?’”
    .oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.

We asked weight loss experts, and people who have lost large amounts of weight themselves, whether it's possible to lose 90 pounds in six months simply by eating better and hitting a humble home gym for half an hour five or six times a week. Their response? Absolutely not, almost certainly not, and hahaha.

That's what Mike Pompeo, who represented Kansas in Congress before going on to become Donald Trump's favorite cabinet member, told the New York Post that he did.

"I've done this for 20 years," and never seen anything like that, said Micah LaCerte, who's considered Kansas City's top personal trainer. "He would have to be on a massive starvation diet," probably taking in no carbs at all. And even then, "no way with only a half-hour workout. Ninety in six is unbelievable, especially for his age, unless he's working out for hours every day. The numbers just don't add up. Dude, just be honest. Mike, come on, man."

More...
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

His starting TDEE (assuming 5'11, 58 yrs old, 295lbs, and sedentary lifestyle) was 2,616 calories. Standard rule of thumb is 3,500 calories to lose 1lb, so you're looking at about 210,000 calories to drop 90lbs. That means he needs to create an average deficit of 1,167 calories per day to drop that kind of weight in six months. If he gets in 30mins of activity a day burning an extra 10 calories per minute (generously), he could eat 1,749 calories per day (actually a bit less since his TDEE drops as his weight does).

You can easily fluctuate 5lbs in a day with just water weight and food intake, so let's assume he was actually 290lbs at the start and 240lbs at the end. So 175,000 calories in 180 days is a 972 calorie deficit, which would put him at 1,950.

It's doable, if you're actually disciplined with what you're eating.

My guess is that he got lap band surgery or some shit. Good for him, who cares how he does it.

Quote Originally Posted by dzulthu View Post
    His starting TDEE (assuming 5'11, 58 yrs old, 295lbs, and sedentary lifestyle) was 2,616 calories. Standard rule of thumb is 3,500 calories to lose 1lb, so you're looking at about 210,000 calories to drop 90lbs. That means he needs to create an average deficit of 1,167 calories per day to drop that kind of weight in six months. If he gets in 30mins of activity a day burning an extra 10 calories per minute (generously), he could eat 1,749 calories per day (actually a bit less since his TDEE drops as his weight does).

You can easily fluctuate 5lbs in a day with just water weight and food intake, so let's assume he was actually 290lbs at the start and 240lbs at the end. So 175,000 calories in 180 days is a 972 calorie deficit, which would put him at 1,950.

It's doable, if you're actually disciplined with what you're eating.

My guess is that he got lap band surgery or some shit. Good for him, who cares how he does it.
    Lap bands pretty much aren't done anymore since they tend to break loose, slip around and try and tear your insides up but yeah.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

4. Default

He was a west point grad in combat arms units. I'm guessing he at least knows a little about exercise and making weight then the average Joe. Super nothing burger IMO

Besides, that's how I keep the weight off. Light calesthenics like arms circles, jumping jacks, toe touches, thrusts, and eating sensibly like only one tart per day. It's not tough!
    Last edited by LOL BRIELUS; 01-08-2022 at 04:22 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    He was a west point grad in combat arms units. I'm guessing he at least knows a little about exercise and making weight then the average Joe. Super nothing burger IMO

Besides, that's how I keep the weight off. Light calesthenics like arms circles, jumping jacks, toe touches, thrusts, and eating sensibly like only one tart per day. It's not tough!
    Yeah .. He was first in his class at west point and first in his class at harvard law school .. he probably has some disciple in there also.

He stopped eating children he, rescued, I mean stole from the pizza shops run by crazy democrats.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Have you seen Mike Pompeo lately? He looks good! Pompeo says he lost 90 pounds in six months without professional help by dieting and exercising half an hour most days in his home gym. Weight loss experts don't believe him. Before you conclude that the experts are right, ask yourself what they have to lose. I mean, if it's that easy and anybody can do it at home, then.... See what's happening here?

Also, the weight loss is a clear indication that Pompeo wants to run for president in 2024.

.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.
    He's been playing Beat Saber.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Adrenochrome injections.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    Adrenochrome injections.
    You are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    I'm not so sure. There are a lot of theories out there about more likely ways he lost 90 pounds that quickly. Hint...Worms.

Because I'm in a good mood today, I'm going to tell everybody here a secret, related to weight loss but completely unrelated to Pompeo, that you can read more about on the internet..

Aiming for something lighter, Weiner replaced it with Italian ices. The cups at his supermarket listed their calorie content as 100—calculated by multiplying 25 grams of carbohydrate by four calories per gram. "One evening, in a burst of insight," Weiner writes, "I realized that this calculation was incorrect. The manufacturer of the ices did not calculate the energy required to melt the ice, and did not deduct this from the calorie calculation." By Weiner's math, he was actually only consuming 72 calories, or "icals," his term for the net caloric content of ice-containing foods after considering the calories that the body burns to produce the thermal energy that melts the ice.

More...