Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A critique of GemStone IV posted on reddit

Default A critique of GemStone IV posted on reddit

Oh, and I did NOT post this. Not that you'd believe me, but I just don't have that kind of energy for a rant.

GS certainly has a lot of issues, but the poster/post seems a bit high-strung to have only played for 5 days back. Smells fishy.

Blog Entries

Weird how a guy who 'played for 5 days' after being gone for 30 years is concerned with CER, time-to-cap, and the HMC policy. Pretty sure I've seen the username lurking elsewhere. It might even be our maniaposting friend. He's not really wrong though and seeing the MUD community as a whole echo that yeah, GS kind of sucks is a little heartwarming.

First, combat-botting (defined as running a script which automatically does combat, loots, and moves on; aliases and "in-combat" scripts are fine) is outright bannable. If you see someone combat-botting, you can pass their name to a GM and they will for sure get banned. I know this because I did it and it was very successful.
    I laffed
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

What fresh hell is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Would you sit by a Chinese on a flight?

The dude does have some points, even though it does sound like he's trolling.

99% players are nearer the level cap than the beginning. Finding someone that's your level, with your play schedule to play with...impossible!
    This is true. I remember playing "back in the day" and it seems like there was almost always at least one other person in every hunting ground you went in to.

It's impossible. We're talking pennies dropping off mobs, and any item worth a damn costs over 50 million silvers.
    Although you don't really need 50 million silver gear he's not wrong that critters basically drop pennies compared to the cost of high end gear.

Here is 35$, maybe I get lucky and you will change my "Black Silk Pouch" into a "Braided black Silk Pouch" HOLY SHIT! What have I witnessed!?
    I laughed.

They don't care about new players so long as the 500 remaining players they have continue dumping thousands on chances at alterations and other pay2win ploys.
    I think he is 100% spot on with this sentence.

I was expecting a post by Donquix, defending Simutronics.

Someone better do a welfare check on him.
    RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    There will be no war when guns are more regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    "I originally created an additional account back in the day to mess with the reputation system" Rep system came in 3 months later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

8. Default

What a mess. OP is one of those guys you start talking to at a party and then you pretend to have diarrhea to get out of the conversation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Weird how a guy who 'played for 5 days' after being gone for 30 years is concerned with CER, time-to-cap, and the HMC policy. Pretty sure I've seen the username lurking elsewhere. It might even be our maniaposting friend. He's not really wrong though and seeing the MUD community as a whole echo that yeah, GS kind of sucks is a little heartwarming.

I laffed
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by hamsquatch View Post
    What a mess. OP is one of those guys you start talking to at a party and then you pretend to have diarrhea to get out of the conversation.
    RETARD HALL OF FAME

There will be no war when guns are more regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    "I originally created an additional account back in the day to mess with the reputation system" Rep system came in 3 months later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.