Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I'm debating on returning from my hidey hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Here I thought with all the new weapon skills and such, and shadow mastery/vanish being moved, I'd actually have plenty of cman points to go around. WRONG!

At this point I think I have to choose between eviscerate and ensanguinate. I hear very good things about eviscerate, but I think overall ensanguinate will fill a more important shortcoming for me (killing non-crittable stuff like pirate captains.). Granted, eviscerate and ensanguinate are probably a good combo, but I can just use a guild skill to apply the bleed.
    I’ve found that you only really need 3 levels of training in the skills and they are just as effective. But that’s just from my findings.

Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    I’ve found that you only really need 3 levels of training in the skills and they are just as effective. But that’s just from my findings.
    Yeah, it may come to that, for me.

Didn't they also make changes to the cman system while I was gone? I can almost swear I see people with much higher cman defense than I did in the past, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    I agree. 3 ranks seems pretty good for most skills.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

On exsanguinate

Maneuver a target causing all remaining ticks of Major Bleed to trigger. There is a (Rank * 10)% chance of automatically reapplying the bleed at (Success Margin / 5)% effectiveness. Finally, you passively gain one additional round of Major Bleed at ranks 3 and 5 (up to 2 additional rounds).

I really don’t get the passive part. What does that mean?
    Every time I hit a critter they have added bleed effects without actually using the cman since it’s passive?
    Last edited by Asha; 11-19-2021 at 04:45 PM.

I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I assume major bleed is a DoT, and ensanguinate applies the entire DoT damage in one tick, thus removing the bleed. Then it has a chance to apply the DoT again, assuming the target survives. Then they will continue to lose blood every round from the bleed.

As an ambushing rogue I find ambush is my crit weighted choice and waylay is my damage weighting shot.
    If it can’t be critted then waylay will drain its health in one shot or 2 of you’re THW or TWC.
    Ambush from hiding = criticism weighting. Waylay from hiding = damage weighting.

Sorry if all this is captain obvious

Lol criticism weighting. That’s it I’m going to bed.

Keep in mind waylay only works with the main hand and not with the offhand

My problem with Waylay is I am UAC. Though maybe I could pull out a brawling weapon and try it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    My problem with Waylay is I am UAC. Though maybe I could pull out a brawling weapon and try it...
    Yes, equip a blackjack or something. The KO flaring blackjack from that quest is a great waylay option!