Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Name,race,gender and Profession changes are here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    The only thing that really keeps this game viable is the long term players. They pay every month, 40, 50, 100 bucks, and they've been doing it for years. This change undermines what they've worked for, the character of their being, etc, because now anyone can in 3 steps turn some shitty ass toon into whatever they want it to be, and white wash away the name to a point that most people won't notice. What's the point of being that loyal customer? This is annoying and disruptive of any kind of sense of immersion. It weakens their most valuable commodity for a relatively small amount of dollars. This is why it's a bad business decision: a very small profit at the expense of some portion of their most reliable revenue stream.
    Character sales and scripting can be equally as disruptive (Nelemar) to immersion as this. If someone wants to throw the sheckles to change their name and change their profession I have no problem with it, much like I have no issue with character sales and scripting (so long as you don't kill me with your script). There are plenty of people and ways to stay immersed in this game but I think plenty of things already exist that shatter the vale and this being added while to some is annoying, to me is no different than those other lots.

Some people buy nice cars, some people buy goats and some people buy profession potions. Who am I to stop their hussle if thats their ish.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

As a chronic re-roller, this sounds pretty nice.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    As a chronic re-roller, this sounds pretty nice.
    A little funny Rendena gets banned or deleted or whatever and then all these potions come out.

If I ever see,

Also here: Kerl the mage.

I think i'd quit a moment later.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Still idiotic. This just further devalues this game. In this game where longevity of character was a hallmark, it just got thrown in the shitter.
    100% agree with this

Blog Entries

To be fair, almost every modern day MMO has these options. For a lot less money.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by lexbubba View Post
    100% agree with this
    Disagree. The folks most likely to use the potions are folks that: 1) would have just left the game or 2) are mostly mechanically oriented and you were not noticing or interacting with them anyway, or 3) would have just bought a capped character and did what theyt will do now. None of them were impacting your experience before and they won't now.

I understand GS players are a conservative lot and by definition are less tolerant of change though.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    To be fair, almost every modern day MMO has these options. For a lot less money.
    On the other hand one of the reasons I for one still play this ancient game is because it is not like most every other MMO out there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    I understand GS players are a conservative lot and by definition are less tolerant of change though.
    So SIMU's staff are a liberal lot that force their beliefs down their conservative customers throats instead of listening to their customers?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    Disagree. The folks most likely to use the potions are folks that: 1) would have just left the game or 2) are mostly mechanically oriented and you were not noticing or interacting with them anyway, or 3) would have just bought a capped character and did what theyt will do now. None of them were impacting your experience before and they won't now.

I think it's more about Simu's dumpster fire track record regarding "change" that people are less tolerant of, rather than the concept of change itself.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible