Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Name,race,gender and Profession changes are here.

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    it's disingenuous to say these potions will kill that when character sales have been happening for so long.
    I think what players do is entirely different than what the company does though. The main reason is because when the company does it that means they are endorsing the behavior. Even though Simu doesn't really do much in regards to players making deals via real world currency they don't condone it either and you can get in big trouble if you talk about it in game, on the officials, or on Discord.

I think a lot of people see things as taboo unless the company endorses it. Just look at the number of people on the officials and Discord who complain about others buying or selling silvers yet they will gladly hand over their money to Simu to earn alternative currency, which is effectively the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    People complained about about being locked into decisions they made when they were 13.
    So clearly the only solution was to sell the option via the SimuCoin store for 200 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    I dunno what fantasy land you are all living in that says otherwise but this has 1000% been asked for long before any of the recent class revamps started.
    By "asked for" do you mean a concerted push by a sizeable segment of the population, or do you mean one person asked about it once in an obscure part of the official forums 5 years ago?

Also regardless of even if people have been asking for this for a long time now the fact that Wyrom pretty much confirmed it is coming out now because of concerns people have with the upcoming nerfs suggests this is coming out now as a way to possibly retain upset customers while also getting yet even more money out of them, or some whales were upset that their characters were getting nerfed and this change is coming out now specifically for them.

Again you don't have to agree that these changes are bad for the game, but don't try to gaslight everyone when we can all read the same shit you are reading.

The only thing that really keeps this game viable is the long term players. They pay every month, 40, 50, 100 bucks, and they've been doing it for years. This change undermines what they've worked for, the character of their being, etc, because now anyone can in 3 steps turn some shitty ass toon into whatever they want it to be, and white wash away the name to a point that most people won't notice. What's the point of being that loyal customer? This is annoying and disruptive of any kind of sense of immersion. It weakens their most valuable commodity for a relatively small amount of dollars. This is why it's a bad business decision: a very small profit at the expense of some portion of their most reliable revenue stream.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    This is annoying and disruptive of any kind of sense of immersion.
    Tsin being owned by a new person every week isn't really any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    They should have done a multiclass potion instead of a class change.

"That's impossible." -Simu, probably

So was reallocation, everything that came out today, etc.
    Hahaha, after checking to see if it was April 1st, this was the first thing that occurred to me. How many times were we told this would never happen?

A year ago the GMs were talking about making all of the races the same with no stat bonuses or advantages/disadvantages. Now Simu has figured out they can cash in by keeping races in the game and charging people so they can change their character's race.

Greed always wins out in the end. I wonder how the GMs who pushed for making the races the same feel about this.

7. Default

I think its really weird when wyrom uses sales data and participation to support his arguments, he has done it several times before.
    I accepted free spells during an "automated third party promotion" from "the responsible party," but I only did it once, and I didn't hunt until after they wore off

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    A year ago the GMs were talking about making all of the races the same with no stat bonuses or advantages/disadvantages. Now Simu has figured out they can cash in by keeping races in the game and charging people so they can change their character's race.

Greed always wins out in the end. I wonder how the GMs who pushed for making the races the same feel about this.
    Honestly, I prefer this option to races having no stat bonuses or advantages/disadvantages. It also gives some options other than quitting if and when they decide to nerf the class you have been playing for 20 years instead of the usual GM response of "if you don't like it don't let the door hit you in the ass".

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    You mean actually expanding upon the game and giving people something to do post-cap which would also accomplish the supposed goal of these potions instead of just charging people 200 bucks to change to a different class? Get outta here!
    Yes. I know that's an outrageous suggestion for Simu, since their idea of good game design is to have you dig a hole, fill in the hole in with the same dirt you just dug up 1000 times, then they break your shovel in half and make you do it all over again, but this time they give you the option of buying part of your broken shovel back, and then you have to dig that same hole all over again, except now it takes 10x as much effort and isn't worth the bother.

When people get tired of this, Simu tells you to be a plumber instead, and then they pat themselves on the back for being game design geniuses and act like they're victims when people tell them that their blatantly obvious cash grabs are shit.

Don't you see? Simu is the true victim here.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-16-2021 at 10:27 AM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    Honestly, I prefer this option to races having no stat bonuses or advantages/disadvantages. It also gives some options other than quitting if and when they decide to nerf the class you have been playing for 20 years instead of the usual GM response of "if you don't like it don't let the door hit you in the ass".
    Wouldn't it just be better to increase experience absorption numbers so it doesn't take half a decade to cap a character?

That sounds like much less coding and much less money grabby, IMO.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984