Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Officials: Suffusion Released

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    from reading this it sounds like the suffuse helps lower difficulty or increase capability. so adding more grit/essence etc would not necessarily = being able to gritting an item you couldn't previously. The actual way it works though I am unsure of
    I think he means like let's say 10k grit can be converted to increase their bonus by 1 point when trying to improve a weapon. Instead of converting 10k grit into 1 bonus why not allow people to accumulate 300k grit then the extra 100k grit over 200k can be used to effectively increase the warrior's bonus by 10 and would be consumed in the process.

I'm assuming the reason they didn't do this is because they don't want people to be able to store more than 200k of a resource because of reasons. I dunno, maybe the game can't handle numbers that large.

I tease of course. Or do I?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Only losers suffuse drugs.

Because Simu and autism.
    This sounds like a suffusion of responsibility

3. Default

I'm impressed that you all apparantly understand what this mechanic is from the text of the annoucement.

"The actual way it works though I am unsure of"

That's how I felt on reading the annoucement.
    Last edited by gilchristr; 10-14-2021 at 07:50 PM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

4. Default

ok .. thanks .. I thought I was the only one who didn't understand what that announcement was trying to tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    I'm impressed that you all apparantly understand what this mechanic is from the text of the annoucement.

"The actual way it works though I am unsure of"

That's how I felt on reading the annoucement.

Blog Entries

I *think* it's saying you can convert something like excess wizard juice for better enchanting rolls.
    Last edited by Taernath; 10-14-2021 at 08:11 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I *think* it's saying you can convert something like excess wizard juice for better enchanting rolls.
    That's what it sounds like.

Like you can convert 50k Wizard essence into Suffuse and then you can use this extra 50k of Suffuse energy to increase your skill by like 50 or whatever the conversion rate is, you would then lose the 50k of Suffuse when you cast, I would imagine you would lose it anyways. If the GMs were really awesome the cast would automatically only use up however much Suffuse energy you need in order to achieve a 99% success rate, or allow you to say how much Suffuse energy you want to use for one cast. I haven't looked into how that part works.

7. Default

"I *think* it's saying you can convert something like excess wizard juice for better enchanting rolls. "

Right, but what are the details. Like is so often the case with badly written announcements, I will have to wait for another player to explain it to me. Seems so weird that the GM cannot explain it to me.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Hard & fast numbers are going to be difficult to nail down for awhile since they vary by Prof. I see it as an excellent change that gives players a path to continue to improve gear without a paywall and/or crazy mutant builds. Especially with Prof services being added, item difficulties can still be overcome to a degree.

As to speed, well they give us a rough idea,

"The goal of this mechanic is to allow roughly 2 T5-tier level attempts with an increased 500 skill per year."

I don't know what that truthfully means on something like a 9x-10x for a wizard though.
    Last edited by bluecenterlight; 10-14-2021 at 08:32 PM.
    Discord = Teror#3966

9. Default

This might help, maybe not, who knows. From the below I would need to suffuse 66,150 grit for the 441 points of suffused energy needed.

Given that "SUFFUSE APPLY {amount} Grants {amount} in skill for 5 minutes or until your next attempt," that means that 1 service on my maul done by me is 91,150 grit.

With that math it only makes sense to try to overcome smaller gaps. I am probably around 300 difficulty points under where I need to be for my maul. I'll get a bard to give me the difficulty to try to understand the math a bit better..

>feat wps assess crit maul
    You examine the black mithril maul for critical weighting, and estimate that doing so is completely beyond your abilities.

Modifying the black mithril maul will take 25,000 grit. To attempt the modification, click APPLY in the next minute.
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

>suffuse estimate
    You examine the black mithril maul for sighting, and estimate that doing so is completely beyond your abilities.
    You will need at least 441 suffused energy to successfully work on the black mithril maul.

NOTE: This is an estimate and dependent on the conditions present at time of use. Stats, room, caster condition, and other variables may impact this value. This estimate is best used under ideal service conditions for best results.

>suffuse convert

You currently have 49822 grit available for conversion at a rate of one suffusion point per 150 grit.

You must enter a valid amount of grit to use this ability.
    Usage: SUFFUSE CONVERT {grit}

Quote Originally Posted by bluecenterlight View Post
    "The goal of this mechanic is to allow roughly 2 T5-tier level attempts with an increased 500 skill per year."
    If that's 26 weeks for a +500 skill chance that translates to roughly 19 skill every week/50k essence. Which isn't bad if you're just 50 points away from being able to get that final cast, but 26 weeks worth of energy is a lot just for +500 skill. Something to work towards I suppose.