Thread: Nelemar Hunting

1. Default Nelemar Hunting

Any tips for a wizard who will be hunting there soon?
    My dad always told me not to argue with fools or drunks. And I don't smell alcohol on your breath.

2. Default

Always carry aloes stem cause of the neck throat slice thing. You're not able to talk or order from the herbalist and empaths are hard to come by. Other than that it's pretty easy, They each have some form of maneuver attack so try to prone them or rt lock them in advance (if you're recently capped).

Dissemblers and Sentry's implode so watch out for that. They're usually on the 2nd floor but sometimes they creep to the third. Personally, greater elementals aren't worth the mana.

It's honestly the easiest hunting area IMO. However, the loot reflects that since a ton of people hunt there. Albeit, probably the same as OTF? That's an assumption since I dislike OTF.
    Elementary my dear Watson!

+1 to Sherlock's comments

Always assume dissemblers and sentries have 720 prepped and are about to hit you with it. People tend to flee from/ignore them in Bigshot, so any time one of them makes it to the 3rd floor (which is not uncommon really) they can make bad times for everyone. Kill them for your community!

+2 to what's been said. As long as I'm not careless, the most challenging thing is watching out for/not bulldozing other hunters in the area that hide.

Helpful:

- gold ring set to town
    - using 912/keeping up 909 / open cast e-wave to knock out hiders
    - swimming
    - perception
    - plan in case of disarm
    Last edited by bluecenterlight; 10-13-2021 at 08:35 AM.
    Discord = Teror#3966

To echo what's been said here if you don't have ungodly spell aiming avoid the Greater Water Elementals, 917 and 519 are the only spells that will kill them quickly and you need very over trained to maximise both those spells. They don't like fire flaring stuff so fire attuned 411 and 520 works well on them if you really need to kill them for a bounty. Also being able to use symbol of seeking will let you avoid the 100 ranks of swimming to enter the temple, but be aware that the portal entry room is usually prone to swarms.

If you're hunting on your own and you see Greater Water Elemental prepare a spell just leave the room because if they manage to cast it you're probably going to die to a greater elemental wave. If you see a Sentry prepare a spell just rapid fire it with steam or 912 and that's usually more than enough to stop an implosion or dark catalyst.

Also do not bring anything with lightning flares into the temple since many of the rooms are considered watery areas, failing a 930 cast has the potential to get you killed in a watery area, it also makes getting hit by a dark catalyst even more dangerous because it can end up killing everyone in the room (even passers by).

Blog Entries

not wizard related but if you are voln getting in and out of Nelemar is also stupid easy which is added benefit. Seeking makes it amazing and you can load up on boxes
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

All good points. A long story short...avoid level 2 at all costs that is the hardest by far and have lots of swimming (70-80 ranks).

Level 2 is essentially everything in the middle/center of this map. Going around the outside is much easier. They used to label the levels here but looks like someone took it out.

https://gswiki.play.net/images/3/31/TI-nelemar.png
    Last edited by lexbubba; 10-13-2021 at 12:13 PM.

Skip nelemar and go straight to Sanctum of Scales.

1. No implosion
    2. No disarm that requires you to hunt your weapon down (though the snake thingy can be annoying).
    3. No sheer fear concerns if you're not capped (and you will get sheer feared if you're not high enough level in Nelemar).
    4. Fewer annoying maneuvers (i.e. charge / cut throat or whatever / that drown thing ... etc)

3rd floor Nelemar is pretty easy, but as a pure, so is SoS. Stomp 909 for shapers to bring down their 319 shield, and 917 them for good measure, but everything else in there is really great bolt fodder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Skip nelemar and go straight to Sanctum of Scales.

1. No implosion
    2. No disarm that requires you to hunt your weapon down (though the snake thingy can be annoying).
    3. No sheer fear concerns if you're not capped (and you will get sheer feared if you're not high enough level in Nelemar).
    4. Fewer annoying maneuvers (i.e. charge / cut throat or whatever / that drown thing ... etc)

3rd floor Nelemar is pretty easy, but as a pure, so is SoS. Stomp 909 for shapers to bring down their 319 shield, and 917 them for good measure, but everything else in there is really great bolt fodder.
    I still think Nelemar is easier than SOS. Shapers are all about that mass dispel action or throwing a mean condemn and the sentinels spell prep spell I would assume is painful for a pure, I didn't like it on my ranger but I am a ranger so not as painful. I don't get knocked down by the stomp effect but my cleric did all the time and without 319 it may have been more annoying. I always died on my pure for that stomp effect and then magic swarm
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

10. Default

Nelemar needs traffic signals in it right now. It's crazy. I'd love to know how many critters perish an hour in there. I can't wait for the new blessing system to come out so I can focus on more area's with undead.