Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training Question Postcap 2x+

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    Here's some info
    I'm not sure what you're thinking or trying to get across here, but you're not telling me anything I don't already know.

What you're saying is what has already been known; that every rank earned in Percpetion/PF/Dodge/CM are all weighted equally in the equation - yes, we know this.
    100 ranks of perception is the same as 100 ranks of CM or Dodge or PF.
    200 ranks of perception is the same as 200 ranks of CM or Dodge or PF.

What I'm saying is that there is a diminishing return to your actual SMR defense you see in the visible roll that shows up on the screen based on information I've seen from testing things out.

Think of it this way.

Every spell rank up to your level gives you +1 to your casting power.
    Once your spell ranks exceed your level, you only earn +.5 for every spell rank known.

If you're level 100 and you have 120 spell ranks, you're casting power would be increased by 110 (100 for the spell ranks up to your level + (20/2) for the 20 spell ranks past your level. So you end up with an increase in power of 100 + 10 = 110)

The same thing appears to apply to SMR defense. There is a diminishing return in the actual SMR defense you see come up on the visible roll.

That's why I say it's not really going to benefit you much to sink 50 ranks into dodge as a pure, simply due to the low SMR defense you'd get in return. I'd only suggest dumping TPs into dodge if it was the last thing on your list of skills to train in.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post

What I'm saying is that there is a diminishing return to your actual SMR defense you see in the visible roll that shows up on the screen based on information I've seen from testing things out.

The same thing appears to apply to SMR defense. There is a diminishing return in the actual SMR defense you see come up on the visible roll.
    Not at odds with?

is there scaling? So 0x perception to 1x perception providing a different value than 1x to 2x?
    Naijin
    No
    Last edited by Rinualdo; 10-06-2021 at 02:14 PM.
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    Not at odds with?
    is there scaling? So 0x perception to 1x perception providing a different value than 1x to 2x?
    Naijin
    No

He's confirming that there is no difference in how the ranks are added up. Every single rank you earn gives the same value in the behind the scene equation.

In other words, 100 ranks of perception and adding 100 ranks more (for 200 ranks) is no different than 100 ranks of perception + 100 ranks of Dodge (or CM or FP)

You're mixing things up I think. You seem to be thinking that ranks = actual SMR defense when in reality, ranks /= actual SMR defense. Ranks are just a part of the hidden equation that helps determine your SMR defense. The more ranks you have, the more SMR defense you can build up, but ranks and SMR defense are not the same.

The equation is probably built off a seed/summation chart like lores are with some spells.

Take spell 511 for example.
    It as a seed 10 applied to it for EL:A ranks known. At 10 ranks of Air Lore you get the first bonus to spell 511 to give you an extra disk space. Every next disk space requires the previous amount of ranks +1.
    At 0 ranks you don't get extra disk space (total of 8 spaces)
    At 10 ranks you gain +1 extra space (total of 9)
    At 21 ranks you gain +2 extra spaces (total of 10)
    At 33 ranks you gain +3 extra spaces (total of 11)
    At 46 ranks you gain +4 extra spaces (total of 12)
    At 60 ranks you gain +5 extra spaces (total of 13)
    At 208 ranks you gain +13 extra spaces (total of 21)

Perhaps a similar system is in place for SMR defense. We'll say it uses a 4 seed.
    After 4 ranks you get +1 SMR defense (1 total)
    After 9 ranks you get an extra +1 SMR defense (2 total)
    After 15 ranks you get an extra +1 SMR defense (3 total)
    After 22 ranks you get an extra +1 SMR defense (4 total)
    After 30 ranks you get an extra +1 SMR defense (5 total)
    After 39 ranks you get an extra +1 SMR defense (6 total)

There's a diminishing return here. You put in so many ranks, but eventually the extra +1 to your SMR defense become harder and harder to earn.