Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sorc review

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Looks like the shadow essence resource just lets you do sacrifice stuffs, unless I missed something in the review.
    725, 740
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-06-2021 at 07:01 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    725, 740
    Yeah but those don't look like services you can sell.

Blog Entries

Oh and reading the sacrifice details closer it can be used for a 4 hour curse of the stars buff as well
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Looks like the shadow essence resource just lets you do sacrifice stuffs, unless I missed something in the review.
    Shadow essence is not a resource, it's like sorcerer charges for unloading spells and such, but yes it does sacrifice things.

1. It will make keeping your animate / summon around trivial - no more having to hunt something down to sacrifice. Also, animate / summons are like 1+ hour duration now.
    2. It can be used to fuel 740 escape while disabled - something sorcerers have been lacking for a long time and had to get via equipment.
    3. It will let you unleash 730 on a target without the pre-requisite of having to cast all the DoTs, so you can like "channel" 730 to put all the DoTs up at the expense of a shadow essence per DoT you haven't cast in the past 15 minutes.
    4. Curse of Stars buff (as mentioned) for bolt AS.

Basically, this review is pretty good for sorcerers. Mainly a huge amount of QoL and spell fixes / updates. The only spell getting outright nerfed is 720, and the primary reason for that is because of critters casting 720 at players and wrecking their day. Instead of it being on the old system it'll be on new SmR logic w/ sorcerer spell ranks contributing to the success factor, and it will have instant kill rates similar to 302/1106 while also causing loot to drop.

So getting 730 in place to handle high HP targets will help. You can 730 the thing, then channel 706 at it for all your DoTs to tick on the critter every 1s for 10s while it remains disabled.

701 getting fixed (works vs everything)
    706 getting fixed (made into a new spell that generates shadow essence and works on most everything)
    707 improved (instant summon for a critter that attacks your target for 30s)
    710 getting upgraded (1s start time on focused version)
    714 gets a major QoL boost to not require as many components and you can even charge scrolls similar to 517 without components.
    717 getting upgraded (cast the AE version without Eye Spy)
    718 massively improved (no retribution, the spell just lasts until it wards or target dies)
    725 massively improved (summon things that actually matter)

Getting an escape. Fixing Sacrifice to not suck. Basically a win for sorcerers unless you really loved 720.

750 Is a grey area until we can see it in action, but basically you summon a horde of things to murder everything for 60 seconds, then you have a 15 min CD (changed from 30 mins). Might be some discussion / ways to reduce the CD further through training.
    Last edited by Maerit; 10-06-2021 at 11:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Shadow essence is not a resource, it's like sorcerer charges for unloading spells and such, but yes it does sacrifice things.

1. It will make keeping your animate / summon around trivial - no more having to hunt something down to sacrifice. Also, animate / summons are like 1+ hour duration now.
    2. It can be used to fuel 740 escape while disabled - something sorcerers have been lacking for a long time and had to get via equipment.
    3. It will let you unleash 730 on a target without the pre-requisite of having to cast all the DoTs, so you can like "channel" 730 to put all the DoTs up at the expense of a shadow essence per DoT you haven't cast in the past 15 minutes.
    4. Curse of Stars buff (as mentioned) for bolt AS.

Basically, this review is pretty good for sorcerers. Mainly a huge amount of QoL and spell fixes / updates. The only spell getting outright nerfed is 720, and the primary reason for that is because of critters casting 720 at players and wrecking their day. Instead of it being on the old system it'll be on new SmR logic w/ sorcerer spell ranks contributing to the success factor, and it will have instant kill rates similar to 302/1106 while also causing loot to drop.

So getting 730 in place to handle high HP targets will help. You can 730 the thing, then channel 706 at it for all your DoTs to tick on the critter every 1s for 10s while it remains disabled.

701 getting fixed (works vs everything)
    706 getting fixed (made into a new spell that generates shadow essence and works on most everything)
    707 improved (instant summon for a critter that attacks your target for 30s)
    710 getting upgraded (1s start time on focused version)
    714 gets a major QoL boost to not require as many components and you can even charge scrolls similar to 517 without components.
    717 getting upgraded (cast the AE version without Eye Spy)
    718 massively improved (no retribution, the spell just lasts until it wards or target dies)
    725 massively improved (summon things that actually matter)

Getting an escape. Fixing Sacrifice to not suck. Basically a win for sorcerers unless you really loved 720.

750 Is a grey area until we can see it in action, but basically you summon a horde of things to murder everything for 60 seconds, then you have a 15 min CD (changed from 30 mins). Might be some discussion / ways to reduce the CD further through training.
    Okay, excited again/now =)

I did like the idea of the 701 blood shield, good for pinging multiple dudes in the room (I team hunt with a pally). I do hope though since my sorcerer is F2P that they don't lock 725 completely off because even if nothing changed but 725 that is the single most exciting thing I want to mess with.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Blog Entries

Yeah but those don't look like services you can sell.
    You didn't say anything about services.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    Okay, excited again/now =)

I did like the idea of the 701 blood shield, good for pinging multiple dudes in the room (I team hunt with a pally). I do hope though since my sorcerer is F2P that they don't lock 725 completely off because even if nothing changed but 725 that is the single most exciting thing I want to mess with.
    That's a very interesting question. I know when I got 630 on my F2P ranger it was useable, but you were restricted to a single type of companion (canine). These proposals rarely mention how F2P will be impacted. In fact, I recall that the ranger changes initially failed to prevent F2P rangers from handing out colors willy nilly, so pretty sure F2P is an after thought.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    That's a very interesting question. I know when I got 630 on my F2P ranger it was useable, but you were restricted to a single type of companion (canine). These proposals rarely mention how F2P will be impacted. In fact, I recall that the ranger changes initially failed to prevent F2P rangers from handing out colors willy nilly, so pretty sure F2P is an after thought.
    As long as it is not completely locked I am cool with it. I have a feeling with the lore reqs it will be different than 630 which has no lore reqs for what critter to take. But who knows because of that they could say eff F2P
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric