Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wizard Review

Default Wizard Review

I guess we have the first snippet of the upcoming changes:

[4:22 PM] Estild: The current idea for Rapid Fire (515) is that it would have a baseline -1 second castRT with no cooldown. However, it can then be evoked to grant a -2 second castRT, but after it wears off, the base version of the spell goes on a 2 minute cooldown and the evoked version goes on a 10 minute cooldown. The evoke cooldown can be reduced by -1 second per EMC rank (so can get it down to 5 minutes with max training, benefit is capped at -300). The baseline achieves the numbers we're after, but also gives wizards the opportunity to use it as an offensive powerup (but forces a decision on using it due to the incurred cooldown penalty). It's possible to have 1035 work similarly.
    Last edited by Rjex; 10-04-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Estild is fucking cancer.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    I guess we have the first snippet of the upcoming changes:
    How to make having fun worse than trigonometry.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Seriously wtf? Can they just stop already?

They nerfed rapid fire when they added RT to it. And again, when it made spells cost 2x mana if cast within the 1m CD time. Nerfing it further just adds another unusable spell in our sphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalude View Post
    They nerfed rapid fire when they added RT to it. And again, when it made spells cost 2x mana if cast within the 1m CD time.
    For real. Isn't this good enough? Why does it need to be nerfed even further?

It's quickly reaching the point of like why even bother casting this spell? I'm sure they'll blame it on bots.

I wonder if they are also going to make it self cast only, sure sounds like it.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-04-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Someone (Estild) was cucked by a wizard and this is their attempt at revenge.

Blog Entries

Why does it feel like Wizards have been under review for over 5 years?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Why does it feel like Wizards have been under review for over 5 years?
    Because every time they adjust something to nerf an aspect of wizardry, someone goes and finds a way to still be a solid hunter and defy the GMs. So they have to constantly keep making adjustments (nerfs, lets all be clear on this) to the profession to make being a wizard a chore.

For them supposedly not having time to code Savants they sure do seem to have a lot of time to devote to nerfing and rewriting entire classes.

Why not just use all of that time and energy towards creating Savants and they can bake the nerfs in right from the start?